Capture the flag?

General Discussion
More like Lucio and the flag. Man they won’t allow any mobility abilities to be used but they allow Lucio’s speed boost (Not amp up) that and wall ride it’s really easy to take the flag tbh I think it’s kinda broken
Hope for Sombra 2.0 to go live quickly.
02/09/2018 12:15 PMPosted by FideWolf
More like Lucio and the flag. Man they won’t allow any mobility abilities to be used but they allow Lucio’s speed boost (Not amp up) that and wall ride it’s really easy to take the flag tbh I think it’s kinda broken

So broken it's mandatory to have Lucio in your team. Even though this map is made for CTF specifically, some heroes are OP in this mode. But Lucio? He's in a whole different ballpark.
Your team doesn't have Symmetra? You lose.
Your team doesn't have Lucio? You lose.
Your team doesn't have RH/WInston? You lose.
I didn't know they changed the mobility thing. I thought the old modes were pretty balanced, and the mobility stopped constant turtling.
seriously though, every single game is sym nest, junk trp, and torb turret, nobody even goes for the flag except lucio who for some reason still gets his speed
02/09/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Alexarius
Your team doesn't have Lucio? You lose.

Finally Symmetra is viable in a gamemode :')
02/10/2018 03:02 AMPosted by BigBoy
seriously though, every single game is sym nest, junk trp, and torb turret, nobody even goes for the flag except lucio who for some reason still gets his speed

remove sym, lucio's speed, torb and it might be playable
Seriously. I saw less Lucio in Lucioball.
02/10/2018 03:02 AMPosted by BigBoy

Except he doesn't. Lucio only gets his passive speed aura. He doesn't get to amp it up. That means he gets the 30% boost from speed Aura, and whatever he get can from wallriding. The skill of the Lucio determines how fast he can go. A good Lucio can do this in every other game and no one bats an eye, but because speed is important in this game ya'll go insane.

I have to disagree with these two. I have won many without Torb/Sym/Winston/RH, however Lucio is indeed mandatory in order for you to have a decent chance at winning since he is essentially faster and has more mobility than any other heroes with the flag.
I think the speedboost at itself is manageable, even if he's on speedboost you can still catch up with him using other abilities. What really makes it problematic is the wall riding, since it gives him such a massive boost when used right that you just cannot catch up with him anymore.