How to Slambulance.

Competitive Discussion
Since this is the competitive discussion where we are meant to be discussing tactics etc, and not really spend all of our time talking about one trick syms etc.

I thought, it is time to a series about tactics - and I thought I would start with my favorite - The Slambulance.

The Slambulance is 4 tanks (usually Rein, Hog, Dva + one other), a Lucio, and a Moira.

Slambulance Part 1 - Point A

The tanks + lucio cluster together, and Moira is directly behind them - spraying the lot.

This way all of the tanks are being healed 50/sec on the way to the point.

Lucio keeps crossfade on speed and D'va DMs attacks at the group.

Once you get to the point, Lucio amps it up, Moira throws a healing orb and everyone hits the point with the fury of a 1000 suns.

Hog hooks the Bastion if he exists, Moira clears Sym turrets, Lucio keeps speed on, and a hammer swinging Rein runs down squishys.

If you have a Orisa, they throw a shield down in the middle of the point.

Everyone kills everything that moves.

Slambulance Part 2 - Point B

You continue the Slambulance to B and this time, you have ults, Since your side did a LOT of damage, and the other side doesn't. The tactics are exactly the same. Orb + Amp, Hook and death.

This is what it looks like to be on the receiving end of.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileSavagePeachDxCat - Pt a

https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalSneakyRaisinHotPokket - Pt b

And what it looks like from the attackers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6D6SZCADI&feature=youtu.be&t=1h6m
Slambulance Part 3 - Defences.

The main killer with the slambulance is that the first fight doesn't have a poke stage, and so there are no ults in a close up fight with a bunch of speed up blood thirsty tanks.

This is not a good situation to be on the receiving end of, so you HAVE to win the first fight. After that, both sides have ults, and everything calms down somewhat.

So, how to get to there from here? You need to disrupt the initial charge. Break it up.

Your Mainstay Heroes.
Junkrat is not bad at this, Trap works, a couple of good mines in the right place works well.

Orisa is good, a well placed halt can cause chaos during the initial push.

Ana is good. They rush in all together, so an anti will get them all at once.

Situational Heroes.
Mei..... Mei is OUTSTANDING at wrecking the first push. A well placed wall in the middle of the group ends the push. It ends it dead.

The room is full of tanks, so Reaper isn't bad.

The reason that Reaper and Mei are situational is, if you disrupt the Slambulance a couple of times, you may end up fighting a VERY different team.

Reaper / Mei are good heroes, but may not fit into a good defense for the new team. YMMV

Anyway, that closes the tactics talk on the Slambulance. I hoped you enjoyed it, and if you have any questions, then comment away.
When you see this on ladder, everyone picks their respective tanks..... and then proceeds to go off and fight their own 1v1 poke battles like they're still playing their favorite dps character. naturally that turns into a lot of dead tanks and a loss. they don't seem to get this is a rush the point and fight together deathball kind of comp and play it like they're scared.

also, reaper is good against tanks, but not after a certain point. too many tanks and he's facing d.va's matrix into roadhogs hook and he's just not going to be able to get in to get off a shot.
02/11/2018 10:59 PMPosted by jedc22
When you see this on ladder, everyone picks their respective tanks..... and then proceeds to go off and fight their own 1v1 poke battles like they're still playing their favorite dps character. naturally that turns into a lot of dead tanks and a loss. they don't seem to get this is a rush the point and fight together deathball kind of comp and play it like they're scared.

also, reaper is good against tanks, but not after a certain point. too many tanks and he's facing d.va's matrix into roadhogs hook and he's just not going to be able to get in to get off a shot.

That is sadly true. Trying to Slambulance in soloQ is extremely difficult. In a 6 stack where you practice a bit, you will have a lot more luck.

02/12/2018 12:22 AMPosted by catgrease
I love it when everyone clusters behind shields when I'm playing Symmetra. Yeah, those shields aren't going to protect you from my orbs. Thanks for the ult charge, let me put up a Shield Gen. Or better yet, flank you with the team with a Teleporter.

You miss the point. You live for about 2 seconds as Sym after the Slambulance arrives.

You ARE a prime target, so Rein goes for you, he is speed boosted so he gets to pick the engagement range. It so happens he picks hammer range.

Sym does NOT last long. Moria's other job is to remove Sym turrets.

You don't get your ult in time to save point A. Shield will not save point B

Go look at the video from the attackers POV. You don't get time, it is over in seconds.