Who duels Mei most effectively

General Discussion
I'd like to know opinions on this in general, but also specifically for purposes of tackling Mei when she is committed to CTF defense. So, more specifically what's the best CTF attack team against a Mei defense. Killing / stalling / neutering her would all be good options.

I'm strongly suspecting the answer is Sombra, but I'd like to hear other opinions.
Zarya, a smart one, that saves her bubbles for frozen comrades.
Also, if you have a good aim, McCree, Soldier and Widow. Her secondary has a hell of a falloff and you can try to take her out on a safer distance. Be careful though, some of us Mei mains have some serious aim and will take you down if you can't kill us quick enough!

Edit.: Also, Mei counters Sombra hard. Her hack does not disable her primary and guess who is in reach for it after she got hacked.
Sombra on a hacked health pack? No problem for Mei

Worthy mentions:

1.Lúcio in Meis own team, who keeps booping the frozen enemies away (don't do that)

2.More than 1 hero focusing her, since she needs so long to freeze a single target.
As you mentioned, Sombra's hack can prevent her from protecting herself. Additionally, anyone who can cancel a freeze on themselves has a slight advantage against her: Reaper, Zarya, Orisa, Moira.

Due to her low damage I wouldn't necessarily say Moira on her own is a great counterpick, however since her biotic orbs pass through Mei walls you can still damage a Mei who has walled herself into a corner, either killing her or forcing her to cryo freeze early.
If you die to her as tracer, it is only because you wanted to...

As of 1v1, roadhog is not that bad

Phara (for obvious reasons)
Dude just click her head LOL.
Pretty much any tank, Reaper, Pharah, oftentimes Hanzo if your scatters are on point. Genji and Tracer are also very difficult to deal with as her, but in Tracers case you do need to worry about headshots.
Tracer for sure... really never ever been frozen by her and she only gets me with a lucky ice shot.
Junkrat
02/09/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Miikumon
Lúcio in Meis own team, who keeps booping the frozen enemies away

this is so true it hurts
i'm gonna need an ice pack
Tracer and Zarya I'd say, Tracer more so as I have never actually been frozen as Tracer.
02/09/2018 11:17 PMPosted by rymmage
As you mentioned, Sombra's hack can prevent her from protecting herself.
Doesn't protect her from her primary fire though, Sombra stands no chance against Mei unless she's at low health or you have the drop on her.
Sombra is only good if there's a team with her. You generally only pick Sombra against Mei if your team is getting tilted by her stall ability, which means you're not actually fighting her 1v1.

If i'm not actually worried about stall, i just stay as Orisa, she can fortify through Mei's freeze and the freeze gun can't penetrate shields. When she iceblocks, you can just run around her. If you freeze, atleast try to face your shield so she doesn't have a clear angle on your head, it's not so easy to headshot Orisa from the back.
02/09/2018 11:27 PMPosted by BAD
Dude just click her head LOL.

No no. That’s just how you counter mercy. I can forgive the confusion however
Another Mei, she counters herself through pure chaos of having a mirror image of herself in game. Both Mei players will eventually become frustrated with each other and both switch to another character.
02/10/2018 04:36 AMPosted by SirRender
02/09/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Miikumon
Lúcio in Meis own team, who keeps booping the frozen enemies away

this is so true it hurts

also pharah
Orisa, just hit fortify and shoot her down.
Everyone.
02/10/2018 05:54 AMPosted by earlizd1
02/10/2018 04:36 AMPosted by SirRender
this is so true it hurts

also pharah
Or dva
I think Sombra and Zarya would be a good pick to deal with Mei.

But Mei isn't even that strong on Defense with CTF.
Sure, she can be annoying, but not as annoying to deal with like Torbjorn, Symmetra and Bastion.
<---- 3.7k Mei main

In terms of dealing with a skilled Mei player, it is usually Pharmercy or Doomfist who deals with her best.

Mei can't out DPS Mercy's healing on Pharah unless she hits consecutive headshots on the Pharah without missing, and Doomfist's passive shields allow him to survive frozen headshots and finish her off.

Zarya does not counter Mei. It is extremely easy for Mei to bait out Zarya bubbles. Zarya has no mobility except for performing small jump boosts with her right click, so she can be easily trapped, frozen, and focus fired.
02/09/2018 11:32 PMPosted by bearmans
Pretty much any tank, Reaper, Pharah, oftentimes Hanzo if your scatters are on point. Genji and Tracer are also very difficult to deal with as her, but in Tracers case you do need to worry about headshots.
Incorrect, a Mei who properly knows how to use her kit will make life miserable for the enemy tanks.

Reaper can't do anything against Mei unless he's able to get into close range of her, at medium range Mei can reach Reaper with her primary fire while being safe from his shotguns. Reaper has his wraith, but that is easily nullified with Mei's Ice Wall.

Genjis will basically always escape if Mei they have their dash, unless they're are in cramped area of the map.