Reports for good behaviour

General Discussion
If we think we must dextocify the community, we should promote good behaviour.
If we think that toxic people should be reported to alert blizzard of their bad attitude, then the opposite has to be a thing.

We should be able to report good behaviour.
We need to let blizzard and everyone of those players that want to play nice, those players that help, those players that communicate.
Because let’s be honest. You can win a match wit’s someone who is really toxic. But if you are in a match with good teammates, who are really nice to you and the whole team, then even in a loss, the overwatch experience gets 100 times better. Even in competitive.

Please blizz, let this be a thing! Reward good behaviour!
I agree it would be nice to be able to give kudos to the lovely folk that you stumble across in the game.

I also have dreams where Blizzard change the way you earn golden weapon skins to a commendation system, earning them through the votes that you get for being a good sport.
I have long agreed that a commendation system would be an excellent incentive for good behavior.
I think league of legends had a system like that? where after a match you could give your teamates points for teamwork , having a good spirit and contribution

would be nice if overwatch had that and if you got enough points you'd be able to unlock some sprays or player icons
or maybe your portrait player when you load into a game would have some extra golden colored stars or symbols at the selection screen that your team can see and they'd gain respect to you if they saw that

that would highly encourage positive behaviour

you could add my suggestion to the post if you like it :)

cheers
Jeff said at the end of season 5 that they are working on it. But there's still no system like that.
I hope that they are still working on it and will release something like that soon.
02/11/2018 05:50 AMPosted by dostheboss
Jeff said at the end of season 5 that they are working on it. But there's still no system like that.
I hope that they are still working on it and will release something like that soon.

He said that? I hope its as good as I expect it to be , though I doubt it'll be here anytime soon with all the F tier hero reworks coming first
i would really like that

but, how to prevent Friends voting just between theselves? the good thing in this system would be voting unknown people, not your closest friends
So much YES!

Other games has this.
02/11/2018 05:50 AMPosted by dostheboss
mercy fix came after 6 months so i expect any changes to comp in the next decade or so.
This idea is a great one and has been proposed as far back as Season 1 IIRC. It's very simple.

* They can only be given out at the end of a match
* You can give commendations to anyone for good play, sportsmanship or just being positive
* Giving someone positive feedback only counts once during a 72-hour period. The other times they register as being given but don't count toward anything. This is to prevent abuse.
* The more you give out in a given period of time, the less overall value they have.
* Giving them will be anonymous, the receiver only sees that they were given commendations but not from whom.

There are a few more conditions you can throw in, but the more difficult part is how do you surface this in the UI in a way that doesn't interfere or slow down the flow of play.
i love this idea. i'd like to see stats like these on career profiles as well. we obviously get stats on mathematical/computed in-game performance things, but having something that shows a things like "sportsmanship" "great communicator" "great teamwork/teamplayer" "leadership"...etc things that can't be computed by computers would be really cool.
This idea has been popping up from time to time and always garner a lot of support. However devs are somewhat reluctant to comment on such issue for some reason.
This is a great idea!

My brother's a big DOTA 2 fan and tells me that he also likes their reputation system, which actually works both ways. People with high reputation tend to get matched with other high reputation folks, and vice versa for people with low reputation. Something similar to that could be a good idea.

Although, I don't think the Overwatch community is currently in a good place for the negative reputation part of that formula ("You picked Hanzo, I'm giving you a low reputation rating!"). The high reputation part of it could be wonderful, though, as it gives people a reason to keep being positive - they will eventually be placed in more fun matches if they are fun to be around themselves.
It would have to be only positive. Negatives should stick to the current reporting system. You shouldn't be able to rate anyone in your group to prevent abuse.
It’s good to see so much agreement.
Let’s make blizzard know this is our desire.
I incite you all to post this as much as you wish. If it becomes a thread perhaps we will get a blue response