how to make people group up

General Discussion
a few days ago Jeff said the team wanted ideas to help people group together.

I wanna give a suggestion (and you can too)

you know that right now grouping with friends only gives you +20% XP bonus

a simple solution would give more XP bonus the more people you group with.

so if you six stack each member gets +60% and a five stack each get 50% and so on...

just and idea.
I think they limit it to a ceiling of 2 so that people don't feel like they're missing out just because they can't get a group going with more than 2.
Or maybe not handicap your group by putting you against better solo que players?
Reasons are easy, i dont team up with anyone because the system will assume we work together (use voice chat etc), and then it gives us enemies who do work together,and it increases the chance of getting roflstomped.
ok so not that :/
02/11/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Pakaku
I think they limit it to a ceiling of 2 so that people don't feel like they're missing out just because they can't get a group going with more than 2.

that's exactly the motive to find more people to play with
I didn't know that. Thank goodness i don't group up then. There's no benefit to leveling in this game. 20% exp just artificially increases your rank more than it should. I'm getting close to silver border now and i'd really rather get the option to reset my displayed level to 1 (MMR stays tho).

I can understand people wanting EXP bonuses in MMORPGs because they get powerful the more they get. But in Overwatch? Why?
02/11/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Hajile
I didn't know that. Thank goodness i don't group up then. There's no benefit to leveling in this game. 20% exp just artificially increases your rank more than it should. I'm getting close to silver border now and i'd really rather get the option to reset my displayed level to 1 (MMR stays tho).

I can understand people wanting EXP bonuses in MMORPGs because they get powerful the more they get. But in Overwatch? Why?

why do you wanna get back to rank 1... rank doesn't matter