What's Your Opinion On Comp CTF?

General Discussion
Title. I really enjoy Comp CTF but I feel like I'm in the minority. I'm constantly getting matched up against the same people over and over, and I feel like a large part of the community isn't giving Comp CTF the chance it deserves. I could be wrong here, but it just seems like it's not a highly played gamemode, which kind of sucks.
I enjoy the slow strategy that is constantly taking place, and allows players like me, who don't have the best aim in the world, to play whatever way you want. I had a game yesterday as Lucio where I only had 2 elims but 3 flag caps and I was having the best time of my life, am I the only one?

Edit: Edited for mistakes, I don't know how to spell haha
I love it but on most maps (especially the new one) lucio is overpowered. He can WALL RIDE away from most defensive heroes which lets him get to high areas and passively boost his speed.
I'm only playing it for comp points honestly. I dislike normal comp, so this is a pretty nice and relaxed way to get them.
I had my doubts, but it's really more enjoyable than the arcade version. It's not a !@#$fest like that, you see people actually wanna win and not just messing around and emoting randomly.
The variations which Blizzard has given us so far doesn't work well for OW.

They are beating a dead horse trying add a mode that is not build around the concept of the game.

Having a map build for it was a good attempt but not enough to make the mode works. It is just not fun, and there is no chance of having a comeback after losing the first flag.
It also requires all team members to have the same mindset cuz most of the time the team get split between base campers and attackers and neither of those do their job well.
I personally love it. If I'm tilted i'd rather play that mode because it's a totally different experience. Ftier doesn't get countered easily and the teamplay aspect is very refreshing.
I actually really love Comp CTF. I do agree, I like the slower paced strategy aspect and how there is less pressure to play "meta" heroes than in vanilla games. Every character feels like they have a use, either to defend, to grab the flag, or to make space for the runners to take the flag. I definitely prefer it to Regular Comp and I would play it all year long if I could.

Then again, CTF has always been my favorite mode and the recent changes have made it even more enjoyable for me, so I'm probably a little biased.
I like it but I have some issues with the rule set they use. I don't think you should be able to cap the flag if yours isn't in base, never played a CTF that allowed it. But I am glad that damage no longer interrupts the cap.
I enjoy Comp CTF as well. It's a nice change of pace in a game mode that earns you CP. With a few tweaks on some of the heroes, I'd love it to be an actual game mode. Here's hoping.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy
02/13/2018 06:46 AMPosted by DaftMauS
I'm only playing it for comp points honestly. I dislike normal comp, so this is a pretty nice and relaxed way to get them.
thats a shame, I find it very enjoyable
02/13/2018 06:55 AMPosted by BakaWolf
I like it but I have some issues with the rule set they use. I don't think you should be able to cap the flag if yours isn't in base, never played a CTF that allowed it. But I am glad that damage no longer interrupts the cap.
100% agree with that, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense
I find it great as a pseudo unranked mode. It's still a comp so people are trying to win, but it's less high stakes so if you lose it's a lot more chill. The games go a bit faster and I feel like I could learn new heroes in a proper environment (although I've been having too much fun with Moira atm ^^)
It's growing on me, but it really feels like Lucio, Hog and Sym are must picks atm: Lucio to speed boost forward with the Hog, then either Lucio takes the flag whilst Hog body blocks, or Hog takes it, takes a Breather, then with speed boost to help runs away. Meanwhile the Sym sets up in defense, with the turrets slowing anyone who attacks.
As far as the new CTF mode goes, it feels a bit wonky and very uneven for solo queue play, which is pretty much what it was using the old ruleset, just without the ties. Just as before, it is stomp or be stomped with very little in between, but now with leavers, throwers and relatively easy (depending on your team) CP.

My placements started strong and dropped off pretty quickly. At first, I had a great time with a PUG that knew how to play, and we won 3-0 on three consecutive matches before two of the group abandoned the game during our fourth match for a resounding defeat. Of my placements, three of my five losses were due to leavers with another due to someone who switched off of Lucio and was feeding so badly that I find it hard to believe they were not throwing. I played two matches after placements and had a team with three Defense heroes on point who somehow could not kill a solo Lucio who took the flag out from under them three times.

It is a much faster way to get CP than normal Competitive, which is a hot mess on console due to a complete absence of communication, but it has all of the same frustrations as the standard mode. At least it does not last as long.
Competitive CTF feels like one giant meme.
- When someone trys to turtle on your team you lose at higher ranks
- Flying with the flag as pharah mercy
- Lucio wall jumps with the flag
- Quad tank being one of the best comps to run but yet people still pick tracer.
Capture the flag is a waste of time when majority of your user base doesn't know how to play it correctly or simply just doesn't care enough to learn. Personally, the friends that I usually play with including myself have not touched this event due to the huge disappointment of it being CTF.
02/13/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Alexfd16
02/13/2018 06:46 AMPosted by DaftMauS
thats a shame, I find it very enjoyable
I mean it's not like I hate it, I just dislike competitive modes in every game. I find them to be overly stressful for something meant to be fun.