Remove Genjis Ability to Use Multiple Attacks At Once.

General Discussion
02/05/2018 09:59 PMPosted by D3LT4
WOW. Triple shuriken headshot doesn't need AIM, while your random bouncy ball at close range does?

Just........ WOW.....

Ok. I'm done.

Goodluck.

Sure, triple headshot shurkins are hard to pull off, but all I ever see any Genji do is chip damage, and then the dash+melee combo to finish them off. If he succeeds then he gets a reset too.

There's your answer. And if you want to talk about skill, try landing 2+ direct hits with said "bouncy balls" from a range and there's your equivalent of 3-shurkens-headshot combo.

In theory is different than in practice...
I don't know anything about the Genji life. Dash does 50, melee does 30, then weebstars do whatever. So you just need to weebstar enough to have the 80 dmg clean finish, then carry on, right? For 200hp ofc.
02/05/2018 10:19 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
There's your answer. And if you want to talk about skill, try landing 2+ direct hits with said "bouncy balls" from a range and there's your equivalent of 3-shurkens-headshot combo.

In theory is different than in practice...

Mind blow. Seriously, people with hit scan or fast projectiles or just play in low tier just don't get what a pain it is to try and land a slow as heck moving projectile against enemies who not only can dodge any shot at 10 meters as long as theyre just paying attention, but recently gained better air control as well.

Its been a whole different ballgame.
Stinky Junkrat main.
All they need to do to genji is fix his hit boxes. Don’t worry junk mains, if this next meta ends up being triple or quad tank than spamrat will be way more viable than gengu.
*cough* Junkrat spam kills fast *cough*
02/05/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Novah
All they need to do to genji is fix his hit boxes. Don’t worry junk mains, if this next meta ends up being triple or quad tank than spamrat will be way more viable than gengu.

No, it wont. A Junkrat alone cant break triple barrier. And there's too much sustain being added to the other end to make it impractical to even try. The reason Genji and Tracer work at all times is because no shield stops them from moving in and out of said shield, Junkrat was useful against (a) shield, targeting mercy as the only kill from a Rip-tire, or trying to keep the flankers off the tanks because they had to avoid mines. Less of that applies now, and even less will apply in the future. Guaranteed.
02/05/2018 11:45 PMPosted by ImAMistake

*sneeze* only in low tiers or against over confident players because, low tiers are both a place and a state of mind * sneeze*
02/05/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Pyrofool
Swift Strike resetting on assists is a problem however.

No it isn't...
02/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Feenecks
Would you kindly explain what you're talking about?
You use fan of blades dash and melee inside your dash all at the same time.

Making him do upwards of 120 with a then ability to negate damage being given right after till cool down is back.

He gets a higher amount when he crits
02/06/2018 07:00 PMPosted by dradventure
02/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Feenecks
Would you kindly explain what you're talking about?
You use fan of blades dash and melee inside your dash all at the same time.

Making him do upwards of 120 with a then ability to negate damage being given right after till cool down is back.

He gets a higher amount when he crits

in order to get that 120+ dmg he either has to be right up on you, or very accurate with his left click..if hes able to get that close to you uncontested then youre most likely out of position and if he lands the left clicks and follows it with dash melee combo he deserves the kill
The only animation cancel i don’t think genji should have is melee immediately after daah. It’s effectively making the ability do 80 damage. It also comes out too fast. Other than that his animation cancels seem fine to me.
02/06/2018 07:15 PMPosted by PlzSwitch
in order to get that 120+ dmg he either has to be right up on you,

Basiclly all he has to do. and guess what he's doing when he's up on you? Deflecting. WEEEEEEE

And hes almost guarenteed crits if he jumps and RC's at close range. Its stupid and it hides his own critboxes.
Nothing to see here ladies and gentlemen. Just a one trick Junk with 376 hours on him.
02/06/2018 06:58 PMPosted by BoopBot
02/05/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Novah

No, it wont. A Junkrat alone cant break triple barrier. And there's too much sustain being added to the other end to make it impractical to even try. The reason Genji and Tracer work at all times is because no shield stops them from moving in and out of said shield, Junkrat was useful against (a) shield, targeting mercy as the only kill from a Rip-tire, or trying to keep the flankers off the tanks because they had to avoid mines. Less of that applies now, and even less will apply in the future. Guaranteed.

In triple tank both genji and tracer were barely played. On horizon when quad tank is played most junkrat is the main counter. Just watch nyxl vs Seoul, after Seoul lost the point very quickly the first time on their second defence they played junkrat with no genji and held the whole point.
02/06/2018 06:59 PMPosted by BoopBot
02/05/2018 11:45 PMPosted by ImAMistake

*sneeze* only in low tiers or against over confident players because, low tiers are both a place and a state of mind * sneeze*

This coming from someone who is unranked
Genji's animation cancels are cancels that pretty much every other hero has. Almost every hero can cancel their LMB / RMB with one of their abilities, or with a melee. Come to think of it, Junk can cancel LMB > mine for a maximum of 240 damage, and that's significantly easier to pull off than 3 shuriken headshots. Maybe we should nerf that too while we're at it?
02/06/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Lemoi356
02/06/2018 06:59 PMPosted by BoopBot

This coming from someone who is unranked

Diamond but I stopped playing when the mine buff came to be "fair" .
02/06/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Xander
Genji's animation cancels are cancels that pretty much every other hero has. Almost every hero can cancel their LMB / RMB with one of their abilities, or with a melee. Come to think of it, Junk can cancel LMB > mine for a maximum of 240 damage, and that's significantly easier to pull off than 3 shuriken headshots. Maybe we should nerf that too while we're at it?

I'm sorry, which characters have a 8 meter wide dash/Rmb combo that can deal crit damage that can be used right after a quite proven broken and unfair deflect? Oh no one? Yeah, that's what I thought.
02/06/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Xander

It's not an ability cancel, its a 2 step ability activation. If you are going to "try" to insult someone, at least do so intelligently.

Let us also not forget that junkrat got nerfed, while genji can STILL reflect your bullets while standing beside you.

Genji DOES need looked at, and have his glitches and nonsense fixed.

Junkrat is meant moreso to counter tanks and tracer, genji is one of his nightmares. Believe it or not, but get in a junkrats face and reflect, or hop above and hit a few shurikans and charge through that junkrats as good as dead.

Genji has no real hard counters. Unless you wanna call an easy ult feed monkey which takes 4 seconds to kill a genji a "counter".