Whats Symmetra's niche?

General Discussion
That another hero doesn't outcompete her in.
Her niche is getting players who play her falsely reported then banned over and over again.
02/05/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Boomka
Her niche is getting players who play her falsely reported then banned over and over again.
Seems reasonable, consistent too. Should be the pride of being the best hero for the job.
Defense on 2 CP and Hybrid map types.
her niche is sitting.
02/05/2018 10:21 PMPosted by VPLewboski

Thats why she never picked for those sort of tasks in any tournaments.

*thinking*
No one provides the team with personal shields better than her.
02/05/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Huckleberry
No one provides the team with personal shields better than her.

cough* Lucio *cough
02/05/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Nobridgibup
That another hero doesn't outcompete her in.
Trap rooms... but they are easy to destroy...

Microwaveing people... if she is long enough alive....

Build support buildings... even if the teammate can’t see them to protect them

Orb spamming... if they don’t have room and are unable to move

She is not good... but I played her the last days almost like a OT (besides when they had a Pharah) and was very succesfull and got congratulated for my good work even in attack... but I can not got to the Voicechat anymore because I don’t like Bering screened at.
02/05/2018 10:42 PMPosted by EvilMercy
02/05/2018 10:21 PMPosted by VPLewboski

Thats why she never picked for those sort of tasks in any tournaments.

*thinking*

too easily countered. Her strength is taking advantage of recklessness and lack of awareness. + the prevalence of winston and Dva means her turrets effectiveness will routinely be poor. It would be rather embarrassing to see a symm performing on a tournament level and actually performing well with so much focus and comms + those two tanks.
I think SYM is not picked in any major tournament is partially due to she has a too specific hero knowledge that belongs to no one other than herself. You can be good at all other 25 hero and still can't use her effectively (I am talking about top ranks and pro scenes of course), vice versa, that is why the world top SYMs usually are sub-par at other hero at best. As a consequence, no team would consider it to be worth to spend the money upon a SYM professional as the trade off simply aren't good enough.

Everything said above are consequences of her mad design, I like SYM as she is so unique that makes you feel you are playing a completely different game then anybody else, but I think that is also why she attracts so much hate because of it, as if you want to master her you have to one-trick her, otherwise it feels like you are learning two separate game simultaneously and it is just not efficient.

I am not saying she is not slightly underpowered in her current state but the above is another contribution to her consistent pick-rate (0%) in pro scene. My opinion though.
Her niche is guard a room with a ult on and get dead by Junkrats nades
She's rather good at holding an area. She can provide the team with teamwide buffs and prevent game changing ults with her barrier.

All that said, none of this is needed if you just shove heals up everyones !@# and out aim the other team. Therefore she's not actually needed.
Her niche is that she is the fastest hero to tilt a team, specially on attack. Wish she didn't tho. I love playing Sym, but eh.
Her niche is being a wheelchair ramp, allowing people with some kind of disabilities in motor skills to participate in this game. Other heroes by design are escalators, stairs or rock walls and can never compete with a ramp's accessibility to the disabled.
2CP Attack.

In my experience, no other hero is better than her at this, because the defending team usually has a bastion/torb behind barriers, and Symmetra has the highest damaging barrier piercing weapon in the game.

She can also handle the Defence team's Symmetra, because her gun auto-locks the turrets, she can pierce photon barrier (which also charges her primary) and she knows where the teleporter/sg will be.

And when she's broken the choke, the teleporter will boost the attack team's already strong respawn advantage.
Her niche is bronze.
02/06/2018 12:42 AMPosted by GenjiU!@#$e
I think SYM is not picked in any major tournament is partially due to she has a too specific hero knowledge that belongs to no one other than herself. You can be good at all other 25 hero and still can't use her effectively (I am talking about top ranks and pro scenes of course), vice versa, that is why the world top SYMs usually are sub-par at other hero at best. As a consequence, no team would consider it to be worth to spend the money upon a SYM professional as the trade off simply aren't good enough.

Everything said above are consequences of her mad design, I like SYM as she is so unique that makes you feel you are playing a completely different game then anybody else, but I think that is also why she attracts so much hate because of it, as if you want to master her you have to one-trick her, otherwise it feels like you are learning two separate game simultaneously and it is just not efficient.

I am not saying she is not slightly underpowered in her current state but the above is another contribution to her consistent pick-rate (0%) in pro scene. My opinion though.

It depends on the person ability not symmetra's play style affecting player to be sub par on other heroes, if you watch luminum's (GM symmetra main)video he can carry using doomfist, ana, mei, sombra and reinhardts he is even good at using zarya and widowmaker.

Even his teammates are shook on how his aim and tracking are so good considering he is well known to be a no aim no brain symm main.

I main symm and mercy because i wasnt really that good at aiming to begin with but its just shows that some people are still skilled and can flex even if they dont main that specific hero.
02/06/2018 03:05 AMPosted by McCrow
02/06/2018 12:42 AMPosted by GenjiU!@#$e

It depends on the person ability not symmetra's play style affecting player to be sub par on other heroes, if you watch luminum's (GM symmetra main)video he can carry using doomfist, ana, mei, sombra and reinhardts he is even good at using zarya and widowmaker.

Even his teammates are shook on how his aim and tracking are so good considering he is well known to be a no aim no brain symm main.

I main symm and mercy because i wasnt really that good at aiming to begin with but its just shows that some people are still skilled and can flex even if they dont main that specific hero.

I agree, but I am not saying all of them, what I am saying is usually, there are people out there been able to play through such barrier, and is indeed well respected. What I trying to emphasize is the specific knowledge required to play SYM itself often forms a barrier that stops them been equally as good at other hero, vice versa. luminum is an amazing player, but people with his sort of versatility is few to be found.