Cross save and mac support

General Discussion
If you're still in forums, reading and answering, how about an update on Mac support and cross save between console and pc?!

Mod Edit: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.
No support for garbage PCs
Buy a real one
I would love it if there were cross saves between consoles. I have it for both Xbox and PS4 and I always forget all my good stuff is on my Xbox.
cross save of cosmetics, I'd be in.
I really don’t understand why they don’t have a Mac client, apple sell account for what 10% of the pc market, and in all honesty probably a larger share of the home computer market.

Pls Jeff Macs are more than just $1000+ Facebook machines they can play OW easy!
Macs aren't made for gaming, and adding support for it would take away dev time from more important things
02/08/2018 07:00 AMPosted by WarriorPoet
I really don’t understand why they don’t have a Mac client, apple sell account for what 10% of the pc market, and in all honesty probably a larger share of the home computer market.

Pls Jeff Macs are more than just $1000+ Facebook machines they can play OW easy!

And how many of those 10% are actually gamers? Maybe half? And how many of those are just too lazy to install boot camp? Probably 20% of that. When you look at it a bit more logically you don't see much of a case to waste money developing a Mac client that so few people will actually purchase.
Mac ain’t ever going to happen. Simple as that. 2 years out now and the game would had reached its peak. Adding a few more sales from apple users wouldn’t increase that.

As far as cross platform goes, I don’t foresee that happening either. Same thing. Been out for 2 years, why would they do it now?
02/08/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Renegade
Mac ain’t ever going to happen. Simple as that. 2 years out now and the game would had reached its peak. Adding a few more sales from apple users wouldn’t increase that.

As far as cross platform goes, I don’t foresee that happening either. Same thing. Been out for 2 years, why would they do it now?

That's the thing

These aren't features that enhance the game or whatever.
These are things that should've been in the game from the very beginning.
When I buy a Blizzard game, I expect Blizzard-standard amount of support and features in the game!
While I can't speak on the whole Mac thing, I moved from the PS4 to PC a little while ago, leaving a strong portion of the skins/unlocks on the console in favor of use of the mouse and keyboard.

As much as I would love cross platform support (it's been requested since launch if not earlier, really), I see why it's not done; lootboxes. Not in the money aspect, although I am sure it's part of it, but overall playtime to *get* them. I'll have to spend either cash or time to try to regain what I lost, which means I'll be a body in the game longer than if I could move things, where I might not be inclined to stick around as long.

I really, REALLY wish I could copy my skins at least, but I don't see that happening, even though other games already do this. It's just been too long at this point.
02/10/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Thrashard
While I can't speak on the whole Mac thing, I moved from the PS4 to PC a little while ago, leaving a strong portion of the skins/unlocks on the console in favor of use of the mouse and keyboard.

As much as I would love cross platform support (it's been requested since launch if not earlier, really), I see why it's not done; lootboxes. Not in the money aspect, although I am sure it's part of it, but overall playtime to *get* them. I'll have to spend either cash or time to try to regain what I lost, which means I'll be a body in the game longer than if I could move things, where I might not be inclined to stick around as long.

I really, REALLY wish I could copy my skins at least, but I don't see that happening, even though other games already do this. It's just been too long at this point.

I have made that transition too. And I too see the reason they're not doing it. But that's what I mean when I say Blizzard-Standard. Blizzard wasn't like this! In Hearthstone which is also a F2P and makes all it's profit from lootboxes and has card sync between platforms!
Starcraft has that too

Diablo doesn't have it, but it's sorta understandable because for a long time, PC and Console were out of sync in case of patches and cross-save would introduce problems.
Now I think they are in sync but now the player base isn't that much and they're probably working on the next Diablo.
They didn't even make any announcements for Diablo during BlizzCon so it's probably it. But Overwatch is still fresh and there are a lot of people playing them on PC and Console.
And People who pay for the second platform, are kinda paying extra for something they own. So even the money thing is a little too greedy.
Macs are actually pretty good for gaming. Usually the pro has nvidia cards and now most of the computers all have ssd cards. My old MacBook had air flow problems so it over heated but the new ones have less of a problem.

The biggest reason why the max isn't used for gaming is because the game needs to be completely rewritten if it wasn't made to be compatable with both windows and Mac.

So I don't think it will happen.

Cross save would be cool if our Bliz account was able to own multiple games with shared stats and accessories etc.