So.. What were our rewards for watching OWL on twitch?

General Discussion
I noticed yesterday that there was an "inaugural season" player icon in the icons menu, and an "inaugural season" spray in the sprays menu. Now, my first thought was "Oh, well maybe viewers will get these at the end of stage 1. Maybe some tokens too."

Well, stage 1 is over now.. and we've gotten.. the experience of watching it? Now, I'm the kind of person that would watch OWL regardless of whether or not I got in game rewards for it. I love overwatch, and OWL is one way to learn things about the game.

That being said, I want tokens. I JUST WANT SO MANY TOKENS GIVE MEEEE THE TOKENS BLIZZARD BLEASE!!
Your reward is free entertainment?
02/11/2018 09:14 AMPosted by idSurge

I can watch Markiplyer for that ... well not so much recently but i found the Game Grumps archive

OWL isn't interesting to watch not even close by comparison

I'm honestly surprised so many (like 5k?) people still watch it
the tokens haven’t been implemented as a viewing reward yet.
02/11/2018 09:19 AMPosted by SirRender
02/11/2018 09:14 AMPosted by idSurge

I can watch Markiplyer for that ... well not so much recently but i found the Game Grumps archive

because people have different tastes? you should want to watch owl for owl, not for tokens. if you don't like it thats fine, but don't act like game grumps or markiplier is an alternative, those guys are annoying af.
More tokens for skins, hours of entertainment if you enjoy watching it, and if not then the free skins you get (two).
02/11/2018 09:22 AMPosted by isshoman

I dunno, I got like 24 tokens for watching.
02/11/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Thoreau
02/11/2018 09:19 AMPosted by SirRender

because people have different tastes? you should want to watch owl for owl, not for tokens. if you don't like it thats fine, but don't act like game grumps or markiplier is an alternative, those guys are annoying af.

My point is there are significantly better alternatives for whatever genre of entertainment you like why waste time watching OWL if there is no incentive

they own the game they have some level of power to do it too
they just seemingly choose not to
Rewards for viewing? Man, they really are desperate to pump up those view numbers.
02/11/2018 09:27 AMPosted by SwiftDeath

I dunno, I got like 24 tokens for watching.

they did a test and that’s probably where you got them, they aren’t currently being given out for viewing.
Iv been watching and I haven’t noticed any rewards tokens, Except for the 2 free OWL skins.

They have, but its only when watching on Twitch.
02/11/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Ca11m3Raven
That being said, I want tokens. I JUST WANT SO MANY TOKENS GIVE MEEEE THE TOKENS BLIZZARD BLEASE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ
02/11/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Scynt

no, they haven’t.
i'm assuming that they're still working on it, but right now i'm at a whopping 1 token! Maybe they started testing it out? I'm not sure but I haven't missed a game yet so :/
02/11/2018 09:43 AMPosted by isshoman

no, they haven’t.

Ok, I was interested to see if you had actual evidence like a statement from the team or something that they haven't gone into effect.

But obviously you don't.

People not getting them is not evidence since viewer rewards for most games are given out very sparringly and only to random viewers anyway.
02/11/2018 09:43 AMPosted by isshoman

no, they haven’t.

they already made a testrun and people recived tokens for that.

so they COULD give out tokens if they WANT TO.
02/11/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Scynt
<span class="truncated">...</span>
no, they haven’t.

Ok, I was interested to see if you had actual evidence like a statement from the team or something that they haven't gone into effect.

But obviously you don't.

People not getting them is not evidence since viewer rewards for most games are given out very sparringly and only to random viewers anyway.

I’ve been watching every single OWL game since stage 1 started, the handful of tokens given out was a TEST to see if the system worked. it hasn’t been implemented on twitch yet, nobody has received coins outside of the test. if it was already in place, there would have been an announcement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dotesports.com/overwatch/news/twitch-battlenet-overwatch-league-tokens-20553/amp

02/11/2018 10:05 AMPosted by lemonworld

so they COULD give out tokens if they WANT TO.

they’re probably still working on the system, it’s probably coming during stage 2 that way everyone has a chance to watch all of the matches.
Would just having it being in the background muted get the rewards too?
02/11/2018 12:03 PMPosted by ColonialHunt
Would just having it being in the background muted get the rewards too?
I don't think so. Twitch "stops" your player when you mute the stream and go to other tabs.