Symmetra drains all the fun out of CtF.

General Discussion
It's actually impossible to solo cap the flag against a Symmetra that isn't braindead, especially on Ilios Ruins and as soon as you rush as 6 the enemy Lucio backcaps your flag and you lose.

She's basically a must-pick on this map.
No. Lucio would be a must pick and Sym is no where near what you claim.
What? Go pharah... she literally bullies Symmetra if her team doesn’t have a D.Va. Can go tracer,Genji,Sombra, mei, Winston, D.Va.
02/11/2018 09:45 PMPosted by LazyTitan
What? Go pharah... she literally bullies Symmetra if her team doesn’t have a D.Va. Can go tracer,Genji,Sombra, mei, Winston, D.Va.

You can't cap as Pharah, same issue applies, they cap you can't.
While I dislike the extreme bias against Genji and Tracer mains, I would like to take a moment and remind you, as a Genji main, that Symmetra is a literal F tier hero that gets people reported, flamed, and banned for wanting to play her... and you're mad she can help defend the flag against solo attackers? Let her be good (egh...) at one thing... unless they bring in a Pharah or Winston.
Winston.

Actually, let's backtrack. It is pretty impossible to solo cap a flag period if enemy has any sense at all.
Split the team up. 4 attack while 2 defend. Usually junk and sym can hold the defense while the rest attack. That is how I got a 13 win streak and into Masters in this mode.
02/11/2018 09:47 PMPosted by TLiciousX
Winston.

Actually, let's backtrack. It is pretty impossible to solo cap a flag period if enemy has any sense at all.

Without Symmetra it's easy.

Torbjorn, Junkrat and Bastion are all avoidable and can be outplayed, Symmetra can't, you kill her turrets, she puts up 6 more before you can even push in then chases you down, even if you win the 1v1 by the time you kill all the turrets you've lose a good chunk of your health and you get killed on your way back.
02/11/2018 09:45 PMPosted by M3T4
02/11/2018 09:45 PMPosted by LazyTitan

You can't cap as Pharah, same issue applies, they cap you can't.

Pharah can grab OK on Nepal. Having her around for the attack part (taking out Sym and Torb) is a nice bonus.
02/11/2018 09:51 PMPosted by M3T4
02/11/2018 09:47 PMPosted by TLiciousX
Winston.

Without Symmetra it's easy.

Torbjorn, Junkrat and Bastion are all avoidable and can be outplayed, Symmetra can't, you kill her turrets, she puts up 6 more before you can even push in then chases you down, even if you win the 1v1 by the time you kill all the turrets you've lose a good chunk of your health and you get killed on your way back.

Solo cap shouldn't be a regular occurrence... more like a rare opportunity.
If you're going to take out her turrets you can't give her time to put more up.
I love CTF because I can actually play Symm and not be trashed by my own team.

You can destroy them from a safe distance, but don't jump in solo unless you destroyed 12 of them. Meaning you've destroyed 6 and she quickly replaced them. If you can destroy those then she's stuck on cooldown and must wait 60 seconds to have a full nest up and running.

Orrr have a Dva ult before jumping in.

How do you feel about torb, btw?
02/11/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Dethfire
Split the team up. 4 attack while 2 defend. Usually junk and sym can hold the defense while the rest attack. That is how I got a 13 win streak and into Masters in this mode.

Goodluck coordinating this soloqueue while silenced.

Hell, goodluck coordinating this soloqueue.
You actually need to work with your team if you want to win?

What the hell is Blizzard thinking?
02/11/2018 10:16 PMPosted by M3T4
02/11/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Dethfire

Goodluck coordinating this soloqueue while silenced.

Hell, goodluck coordinating this soloqueue.

Better trying cooperate than being angry you cant win solo in team based game.
I don't really have a problem with sym.

It's Lucio that ruins it. He should not be allowed to wall ride or use speed boost while carrying the flag. Capturing the flag should be a team effort and Lucio can just solo it on most maps.

Also the flag should be at home to score.
If symmetra is putting down turrets after you killed the first set, that's a free kill.
If they are solo defending with Sym, all you need is Winston. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Torb, all you need is Rein or Reaper. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Bastion, all you need is Hog. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Orisa, all you need is Reaper. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Junkrat, just shoot the damn trap before grab. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Mei, all you need is Sombra. Easy.

(Bonus) if they are solo defending with Widow congrats you already won.

If they have a combination of defenses, OMG you might need to bring a combination of offenses!
Maybe because you’re not supposed to solo cap the flag?
The game is literally focused around teamwork...
02/11/2018 10:28 PMPosted by TLiciousX
If they are solo defending with Sym, all you need is Winston. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Torb, all you need is Rein or Reaper. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Bastion, all you need is Hog. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Orisa, all you need is Reaper. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Junkrat, just shoot the damn trap before grab. Easy.
If they are solo defending with Mei, all you need is Sombra. Easy.

(Bonus) if they are solo defending with Widow congrats you already won.

If they have a combination of defenses, OMG you might need to bring a combination of offenses!

... If you can even convince your teammates to switch. Seriously. Let's be real: No one wants to switch in Overwatch unless they're good people playing competitive. Especially arcade. It's an arcade gamemode. People want to play who they want to play.
Hey guys! Another unique main here to complain about Symmetra actually being viable in a temporary gamemode! What a sight to behold.
Winston...

Try it.