Why should I rank up at all?

Competitive Discussion
I am SR < 500, possibly 100ish.

What do higher rank players get that I don't?

Why should I go through the toxic mires of Competitive play for more SR?

Any reason to play Comp, if I am simply not a team player and care less about the Golden Guns?
Absolutely zero reason to if that's your mindset. It's not for everyone there are plenty of other ways to play.
probably easier to learn how to play the game before going into comp at that point. Anyone sub 1k sr probably are weak at aiming, movement, and just fps mechanics. Learn how to play the game comfortably and you'll easily win.

comp is for players who wish to improve and get better while testing themselves against equally skilled players(most of the time)
02/12/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Crotalus
Absolutely zero reason to if that's your mindset. It's not for everyone there are plenty of other ways to play.

Oh, is this why everyone trolls and throws? LOL

02/12/2018 12:08 PMPosted by AoD
comp is for players who wish to improve and get better while testing themselves against equally skilled players(most of the time)

I like your answer.
Higher rank gets a shinier emblem and more competitive points at end of season. It sounds like it's not something you care about so you've already answered your own question.
Think of it as a sport. Some people play for the trophy, some people play for the enjoyment, the people they meet, etc.

I’ve been winning a lot, because I play what I like. I know your not asking for tips but play what you need to. If your under 500 you should be trying to carry, not be a nice guy and flex.

Good luck!
If you’re truly trying to do well and have that low of an SR, something must be going on.

Genuine question- what’s you me age and experience level in FPS games?
I play a lot of EVE, and when I'm burnt out, I hop on competitive and insta lock Hanzo or Sombra to have fun.

Strangely, my win/loss is almost identical to when I actually try.
Just try to have fun and you'll be fine.

Also, my career high is 3350. People take the game too seriously when you start fighting Master+ players. It quickly turns a game into a chore. So I'd rather just play a game to enjoy it. Your rank doesn't matter unless you're spending 8+ hours daily to get into eSports which is still highly unlikely.

My suggestion to avoid toxicity and generally a terrible game, is to leave voice and text chats and focus on the game in a way you want to.
The game is different starting with high Silver. I'd expect the games your playing are pretty much death matches, whereas higher levels more team tactics and strategies come into play rather than just chaos.

Even if you're not a team player, having a team that knows their hero roles can give you the room your hero needs to work as an individual, rather than just every hero for themselves.
500 sr? Damn. I would love to play in a 500 sr game and see how it is.
02/12/2018 11:57 AMPosted by HurtSmash404
I am SR < 500, possibly 100ish.

What do higher rank players get that I don't?

Why should I go through the toxic mires of Competitive play for more SR?

Any reason to play Comp, if I am simply not a team player and care less about the Golden Guns?

Please stay out of comp if your not a “team player”. Plenty of other game modes for you.
Well, to play COMPETITIVE games where people give their best to try to win the game and play as team, sadly that become barely the case despite it being competitive mode. Had more competitive games in QP than actual comp.

But based on your thinking - just play QP/arcade and have fun. With that mindset competitive doesn't seem to be for you - you'll a favor for yourself and everyone else.
02/12/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Outcast
Well, to play COMPETITIVE games where people give their best to try to win the game and play as team, sadly that become barely the case despite it being competitive mode. Had more competitive games in QP than actual comp.

But based on your thinking - just play QP/arcade and have fun. With that mindset competitive doesn't seem to be for you - you'll a favor for yourself and everyone else.

Smurfing is imo too easy. Heck, it only took me 2 days to drop from almost 3k to 500. Problem is of course, everyone does this for various reasons. Smurfing hell occurs and now nobody can leave even SR 500ish. Nobody can leave because skill is not a factor in this game at all, nor is there or has been any sort of real incentive to rise the ranks and thus, so many players that are perhaps diamond or masters players are now forever in the same rank as I am.

See the problem?