I'm a Widowmaker one trick from now on.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
...One Tricking a Hero, or Learning a Hero in Comp is frowned upon...
Me as Symmetra after losing first point : mercy don't rez me I want to switch to a second healer.

Mercy onetrick: wooosh weeeesh wyoooosh Rezzzzzz

Team : report Symmetra throwing!

Me: .... really? Can i die please..
People are fine with one tricks so long as it’s something other that Symm, Torb, Widow or Hanzo. I agree, you’re fine so long as you try. And don’t listen to your raging toxic team.
Lol. How old are you?

When you're done throwing your tantrum you can come out of your room.
02/12/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Champ
I suck at Widowmaker. My winrate is atrocious. But as long as I actually try and dont jump off the edge, it's not throwing and I'm fully allowed to. I'll never swap when my team wants me to, because I enjoy Widowmaker, and I'll never join comms because I don't want to endure the abuse. Who cares if 5 people who are willing to flex and still lose, and my hero choice is at their expense, because I'm the one person who refuses to swap in a competitive mode?

Sound bad?

Good.

Replace every time I say "Widowmaker" with "Mercy" and see how suddenly I'm the victim and will get 200 upvotes on every thread, on these forums. Suddenly the devs will dedicate a whole dev update video to defending you. I'm no longer the bad guy if it was Mercy.

I'm sick of being a flex player and losing tons of SR to one tricks, not necessarily Mercy. I'm sick of having the forums and the devs defend this behavior in a competitive mode, when they can just tell the one tricks to go play ANY OTHER MODE IN THE GAME.

I'm going to abide by this, too. If it doesn't apply to Mercy, it shouldn't apply to Widowmaker, and so not to me. I don't care how much SR I lose.

This'll be downvoted. Oh, this will be downvoted, but that only goes to show you that the Mercy mains(Correction: One tricks) run these forums and hive mind-bully the developers into letting them one trick a hero and never swap in a competitive gamemode. I'd wager they were only pressured into nerfing her AT ALL because the investors were seeing how OWL was getting boring with Mercy/Zen in almost every game, and they had to shake things up to keep them happy.

*starts a slowclap and turns it into a standing ovation!*
02/12/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Terranguard
Now you're just being a jerk here. You're horrible with Widow as you said, OT's are actually good at their hero.

you're sucking, they're getting stuff done.

no onetricks are nto good at their hero, you are assuming they are and this is NOT the case nore can you speak for every onetrick; I have seen so many that are BAD and even when they are so so they put the team at risk because the comp is trash.A ton of onetricks are onetricks b/c they love that character not because they are good at them.
02/12/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Gooby
"I had a bad day in comp, so I'm going to lock and refuse to switch a character I know I'm terrible at to piss people off, to prove a terrible point."

Logic.

this is what many one tricks do, not all are good and they know it and do not care.
"I had a bad day in comp, so I'm going to lock and refuse to switch a character I know I'm terrible at to piss people off, to prove a terrible point."

Logic.

this is what many one tricks do, not all are good and they know it and do not care.
02/14/2018 01:47 AMPosted by unsaidtruth

Logic.

Dps instalock memes.
I suck at Widowmaker. My winrate is atrocious. But as long as I actually try and dont jump off the edge, it's not throwing and I'm fully allowed to. I'll never swap when my team wants me to, because I enjoy Widowmaker, and I'll never join comms because I don't want to endure the abuse. Who cares if 5 people who are willing to flex and still lose, and my hero choice is at their expense, because I'm the one person who refuses to swap in a competitive mode?

I was going to say, "Good for you"... and then you go and ruin your entire post by stating your distaste for people who pick a hero they enjoy playing... There are other games an elitist such as yourself can play in order to avoid the one trick phenomena, so I suggest you do that.
Devs didn't defend Mercy, that I recall. Mercy players have largely been ignored in dev threads in their effort to make Mercy more fun to play against. Where was Widow's rework to make her more fun to play against? And the Mercy players winrate largely wasn't atrocious, nor were they asked to swap too often. In fact, they are more likely to face harassment when they don't Mercy.
02/14/2018 02:18 AMPosted by VenusArmani
Devs didn't defend Mercy, that I recall. Mercy players have largely been ignored in dev threads in their effort to make Mercy more fun to play against. Where was Widow's rework to make her more fun to play against? And the Mercy players winrate largely wasn't atrocious, nor were they asked to swap too often. In fact, they are more likely to face harassment when they don't Mercy.

Community: "Mercy 1.0 gets really fast her ult and always hide+ress team. Can we adjust her?"
Dev: "kk". Deleted one hero and put another.

Yep, it's fun, new hero. but issues are still exist - not tuned heroes.
EDIT: forgot all response like - topic is closed threw your all clever thoughts in mercy-thread trash can.
Complaining about something you force on yourself... You don't have to flex. Play whatever you want. You are entitled to. I don't understand the purpose of this post lol. If you wanna play widow, play her? What's so hard about that lol. Winrates don't magically stop you from playing a hero. Just do you. You are doing nothing wrong by playing Widowmaker.

Sound bad?

Good.

Replace every time I say "Widowmaker" with "Mercy" and see how suddenly I'm the victim and will get 200 upvotes on every thread, on these forums. Suddenly the devs will dedicate a whole dev update video to defending you. I'm no longer the bad guy if it was Mercy.

I'm sick of being a flex player and losing tons of SR to one tricks, not necessarily Mercy. I'm sick of having the forums and the devs defend this behavior in a competitive mode, when they can just tell the one tricks to go play ANY OTHER MODE IN THE GAME.

I'm going to abide by this, too. If it doesn't apply to Mercy, it shouldn't apply to Widowmaker, and so not to me. I don't care how much SR I lose.

This'll be downvoted. Oh, this will be downvoted, but that only goes to show you that the Mercy mains(Correction: One tricks) run these forums and hive mind-bully the developers into letting them one trick a hero and never swap in a competitive gamemode. I'd wager they were only pressured into nerfing her AT ALL because the investors were seeing how OWL was getting boring with Mercy/Zen in almost every game, and they had to shake things up to keep them happy.

watch yourself bro.

i made a post that was basically the exact same as this on my main and it got locked and i got suspended for trolling.

they dont like when you point out the flawed logic in their report system regarding 1 tricks.
While I agree with your point, I don't really see why you are just singeling out Mercy mains/OTPs.
02/14/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Avian
While I agree with your point, I don't really see why you are just singeling out Mercy mains/OTPs.

Probably because OP (and everyone who upvoted them) is big mad that some OTs are less hated than others. And they would rather blame the players instead of Blizzard's balance.
Ex otp widow here.

I get your frustration and you are right. Flexing and losing coz one person is one tricking on his smurf is the most frustrating thing ever. Hence why I suggest tolerance and patience. Knowing when to swap can win you games. On the long run you will profit more of flexing than one tricking. The more people tilting and one tricking, the more games that can be ruined.

We have to work together as a community and reduce the amount of one tricks, so we can enjoy the game with the least amount of tilting and toxicity.

It's a fact that IF (hypothetically speaking) 99% would one trick in comp, it would make the entire mode not much different than quick play.

The introduction of CTF comp already shows a positive effect on normal comp (noticed in my games). It directs a lot of one tricks and CP diggers to that mode. Its kind of a casual comp mode sort of speak.

Removing CP from comp mode entirely would do so much more good. It can lessen the amount of QP players that just do their placements the last week of each season, resulting in making comp mode in the last week more playable. QP CP diggers bring bad habits to comp mode and totally are on a different level of mentality and playstyle than those who only play competitive.
yeah I'm kinda sick of these stubborn one tricks
02/14/2018 02:55 AMPosted by VenusArmani
Probably because OP (and everyone who upvoted them) is big mad that some OTs are less hated than others. And they would rather blame the players instead of Blizzard's balance.

Players dive into those balance flaws, and I can't blame the OP about the difference between a Mercy OTP and about any other kind of OTP. A major amount of the former do that simply to gain SR and do !@#$ all, the latter with a Widow or whatever play-making character has to be excellent in order to keep gaining SR.

I still kind of frown at those OTP, it creates a vicious circle that is very difficult to get out of on the long run, especially on the easier characters.
02/12/2018 04:30 PMPosted by TheCheese
The difference is that even the worst Mercy can do some small amount of good for her team. The worst Widow might as well sit in spawn.

This is correct. Any kind of one-trick is frustrating but at least if you get a healer one-trick like Lucio or Mercy you know you'll get at least some healing. If you get a bad Widow one trick there is no guarantee they'll get picks, and you usually end the game with the Widow having done nothing.