I think Pharmercy fans will find this interesting.

General Discussion
I was on reddit looking at art of some of my favorite OW ships, Pharmercy being one them and found a post that linked to a tumblr post that goes in depth about Pharah and Mercy’s new Year of the Dog skins. Both skins are supposedly representations of The Azure Dragon, QingLong and the Vermillion Bird, Zhuque. Basically the dragon and the phoenix. If you research the meaning of both dragon and phoenix, you will find that and quote “Dragon is "yang" while Phoenix is "yin", and they complement each other in creating yin-yang balance to harvest successful matrimonial bliss. This celestial couple is the symbol of everlasting love and they being together is the ultimate symbol of marital happiness.“ Going even further into it, it is said that the Vermillion Bird, Zhuque, Mercy’s new skin, “Zhu” refers to the vermillion color, like the fire, so “Zhuque” also refers to the phoenix. It is said to have the ability to reborn from the fire, just like the immortal bird in the western mythology, so it is also named fire phoenix. In Chinese legend, Zhuque is said to have chicken’s head, swallow’s chin, snake’s neck, fish’s tail, and five-color feather.”

So in conclusion, it seems like Blizzard discreetly gave us a Pharmercy skin combo in the form of Chinese mythology and I was rather impressed by how clever they were with releasing them. Seems like Pharmercy has a lot of support from Jeff Kaplan than I thought. Anyway just thought I’d share this.

Sources

http://www.thecrabbynook.com/what-does-the-dragon-and-phoenix-symbolize-in-feng-shui/

http://shinebrightlikeakanaya.tumblr.com/post/170655801052/so-uh-is-pharmercy-canon-now-the-skins-they-got

http://www.cits.net/china-travel-guide/four-mythological-creatures-in-china.html
Thanks for this.

02/08/2018 03:03 PMPosted by DmarcusBaus
I was on reddit looking at art of some of my favorite OW ships, Pharmercy being one them and found a post that linked to a tumblr post that goes in depth about Pharah and Mercy’s new Year of the Dog skins. Both skins are supposedly representations of The Azure Dragon, QingLong and the Vermillion Bird, Zhuque. Basically the dragon and the phoenix. If you research the meaning of both dragon and phoenix, you will find that and quote “Dragon is "yang" while Phoenix is "yin", and they complement each other in creating yin-yang balance to harvest successful matrimonial bliss. This celestial couple is the symbol of everlasting love and they being together is the ultimate symbol of marital happiness.“ Going even further into it, it is said that the Vermillion Bird, Zhuque, Mercy’s new skin, “Zhu” refers to the vermillion color, like the fire, so “Zhuque” also refers to the phoenix. It is said to have the ability to reborn from the fire, just like the immortal bird in the western mythology, so it is also named fire phoenix. In Chinese legend, Zhuque is said to have chicken’s head, swallow’s chin, snake’s neck, fish’s tail, and five-color feather.”

So in conclusion, it seems like Blizzard discreetly gave us a Pharmercy skin combo in the form of Chinese mythology and I was rather impressed by how clever they were with releasing them. Seems like Pharmercy has a lot of support from Jeff Kaplan than I thought. Anyway just thought I’d share this.

Sources

http://www.thecrabbynook.com/what-does-the-dragon-and-phoenix-symbolize-in-feng-shui/

http://shinebrightlikeakanaya.tumblr.com/post/170655801052/so-uh-is-pharmercy-canon-now-the-skins-they-got

http://www.cits.net/china-travel-guide/four-mythological-creatures-in-china.html
God, I love mythologies.
This is really cool, for once something both talks to my mythology nerd side and my shipper side.
Yes, they're very good friends with good synergy in battle.
02/08/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Djuanuk
Thanks for this.

Sources

No problem. ;)
02/08/2018 03:10 PMPosted by MeiLesbian
This is really cool, for once something both talks to my mythology nerd side and my shipper side.
Glad this was able to satisfy both sides :)
I'm going to have to disagree, and hear me out on this. While it may have been a hint the devs already previously stated that none of the heroes would be in a relationship together. Also, the Yin and Yang mean many things and have many interpretations. The primary one being balance between the male and female or peace and harmony. The whole phoenix and dragon interpretation of it is only in the feng shui which is closely related to Taoism, one of the many beliefs in China. There may have been other reasons that the devs had when creating those skins, but the theory is still a good one.
of my favorite OW ships

I hate this community
02/08/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
of my favorite OW ships

I hate this community
Same here
Also: Look at Mercy's fingernails.
Wasn't it tiger and dragon?
wikipedia copy paste because a lot of people seem to mistaken vermillon bird and phoenix

The Vermilion bird is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. According to Wu Xing, the Taoist five-elemental system, it represents the fire-element, the direction south, and the season summer correspondingly. Thus it is sometimes called the Vermilion bird of the South (南方朱雀, Nán Fāng Zhū Què). It is known as Zhū Què in Chinese, Suzaku in Japanese, Jujak in Korean and Chu Tước in Vietnamese. It is described as a red bird that resembles a pheasant with a five-colored plumage and is perpetually covered in flames. Represented by Jonangu Shrine in the southern part of Kyoto.

It is often mistaken for the Fenghuang due to similarities in appearance, but the two are different creatures.The Fenghuang (similar to the phoenix in western mythologies) is a legendary ruler of birds who is associated with the Chinese Empress in the same way the dragon is associated with the Emperor, while the Vermilion Bird is a mythological spirit creature of the Chinese constellations.
Vermillion bird is not a phoenix
Scissor sisters.
Pretty sure you're looking into it too much. They gave two flying characters skins about flying creatures, of course it's going to be similar.
02/08/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Terranguard
Pretty sure you're looking into it too much. They gave two flying characters skins about flying creatures, of course it's going to be similar.
I’m just going off of the mythology .
02/08/2018 07:26 PMPosted by DmarcusBaus
02/08/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Terranguard
I’m just going off of the mythology .
I'm going off of dragons and Phoenixs are cool and both fly. "Mythology" isn't something to "go off of". This has turned into another Game Theory Video.
Pharmercy will never be cannon due to the fact that mercy would be a child groomer.
02/08/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Dad76
Pharmercy will never be cannon due to the fact that mercy would be a child groomer.

They're 5 years apart? They met when she was busy studying and building new biotechnologies, when would she have the time? We dont even know if there is a cannon conversation between them?

Way to push your bigotry with lies darling.