I think Pharmercy fans will find this interesting.

General Discussion
02/08/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Dad76
Pharmercy will never be cannon due to the fact that mercy would be a child groomer.

They're 5 years apart? They met when she was busy studying and building new biotechnologies, when would she have the time? We dont even know if there is a cannon conversation between them?

Way to push your bigotry with lies darling.

How am I a bigot? Really confused how you'd come to this conclusion.
02/08/2018 07:52 PMPosted by GardenGhost
02/08/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Dad76
Pharmercy will never be cannon due to the fact that mercy would be a child groomer.

They're 5 years apart? They met when she was busy studying and building new biotechnologies, when would she have the time? We dont even know if there is a cannon conversation between them?

Wait how is he a bigot?

Then give a real reason they wouldn't work as a couple. Not some bs you just came up with. And a bigot is a closeminded person, like someone who says two adult consenting women shouldnt be together because they say so.
02/08/2018 08:06 PMPosted by SovietNinja
02/08/2018 07:52 PMPosted by GardenGhost

Wait how is he a bigot?
Someone doesn't agree with me! They're a bigot!!
02/08/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Pipsweet
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wait how is he a bigot?
Someone doesn't agree with me! They're a bigot!!

Give a nonhomophobic reason why they shouldn't be together.
That was very interesting. I find that cool and definitely see how they both relate.

The funny thing I also noticed was that Genji is an ice element, while Mercy is Fire. Fire is opposite to ice. Pharah is water which is also opposite to Fire. I don't know the Tiger's history with the Phoenix, but it's interesting nonetheless. Both are opposite to Fire. Like how Symettra's Dragon skin was opposite to Sombra's Rime. Fire and Ice.

I think maybe did this to please both ships? Just a guess.
02/08/2018 08:09 PMPosted by GardenGhost

Then give a real reason they wouldn't work as a couple. Not some bs you just came up with. And a bigot is a closeminded person, like someone who says two adult consenting women shouldnt be together because they say so.

Because there is nothing in the lore hinting that they are an item? If I was a bigot I wouldn't be maining the games only LGBT hero.

Because there is nothing in the lore hinting that they are an item? If I was a bigot I wouldn't be maining the games only LGBT hero.

1. That doesn't mean they "wouldn't work."
2. Prejudice doesn't necessarily stop people from playing certain heroes. Like, you don't think there's a single Reaper player who hates Latinos?

Moving back to this question,
Wait how is he a bigot?

It's very common to suggest that homosexuals are paedophiles as a way to push an anti-gay agenda. Calling Mercy a "child groomer" with 0% evidence is pretty !@#$ed up. The Overwatch timeline is a mess anyway, and the artwork misrepresents people's ages, but the important thing is that Mercy and Pharah have no established relationship with each other before they were adults. The fact that they were in the same room at some time when we don't even know how old they were can easily be disregarded if the lore happens to develop in a certain direction. And tbh, if Blizzard decided now to establish that Mercy and Pharah were close when Pharah was a kid, that would be a huge middle finger to a prominent part of their fanbase. I think we can write off that ever being canon, unless Blizzard are really dumb.
...Someone doesn't agree with me! They're a bigot!!

Because it's just a ship, I have no problem with shipping but trying to force it as canon is when it becomes an issue.
Good thing it's never going to be canon.
02/08/2018 09:09 PMPosted by SovietNinja

Because it's just a ship, I have no problem with shipping but trying to force it as canon is when it becomes an issue.

They didn't ask why it shouldn't be forced by shippers. If Blizzard decides to make any canon relationships that's their business. And if they said in a future comic that Reinhardt and Ana were a couple, I doubt many of the rabid anti-sippers would even care. There's a bias against certain ships that can't be denied.
02/08/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Kwannon

2. Prejudice doesn't necessarily stop people from playing certain heroes. Like, you don't think there's a single Reaper player who hates Latinos?

Wait how is he a bigot?

It's very common to suggest that homosexuals are paedophiles as a way to push an anti-gay agenda. Calling Mercy a "child groomer" with 0% evidence is pretty !@#$ed up. The Overwatch timeline is a mess anyway, and the artwork misrepresents people's ages, but the important thing is that Mercy and Pharah have no established relationship with each other before they were adults. The fact that they were in the same room at some time when we don't even know how old they were can easily be disregarded if the lore happens to develop in a certain direction. And tbh, if Blizzard decided now to establish that Mercy and Pharah were close when Pharah was a kid, that would be a huge middle finger to a prominent part of their fanbase. I think we can write off that ever being canon, unless Blizzard are really dumb.

There is a picture of Mercy with the overwatch team and Pharah with them as a kid, I'm not against LGBT ships but that picture right there makes Pharmercy seem a little weird to me plus your ship doesn't even have to be cannon(lets face it, it'll never be) when you can wright all the fan fiction and draw all the fan art you want of it. The fact that it is popular doesn't mean dog poo either.
Mercy looks like a lizard in her new skin eyes and face , is she the dragon ?
02/08/2018 03:13 PMPosted by fayescarlet
Yes, they're very good friends with good synergy in battle.
Totally Platonic Gal Pals(TM).
02/08/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Dad76
There is a picture of Mercy with the overwatch team and Pharah with them as a kid, I'm not against LGBT ships but that picture right there makes Pharmercy seem a little weird to me plus your ship doesn't even have to be cannon(lets face it, it'll never be) when you can wright all the fan fiction and draw all the fan art you want of it. The fact that it is popular doesn't mean dog poo either.
Chill out a little bit dude, you're getting a little too heated.

While I don't agree with you being called a bigot, let's not start bashing on Pharmercy as a ship.

People. Feel free to ship whatever you want, whenever you want. All that matters if that YOU like what you ship.

Quite frankly, NO ship should be confirmed because we clearly can't handle one being preferred over the other. (IE. The Pharmercy/Gency wars) How about we all just enjoy the characters and what we bring and stop kicking each other about which ship is canon and which ships aren't?

The only confirmed ships that we know of are:
Lena Oxton: Tracer x Emily
Torbjörn & Ingrid Linholm (Husband & Wife)
Gérard (Deceased) & Amélie Lacroix: Widowmaker
It seems that if the cast members get into relationships, they're usually with someone outside their line of work.

That's the picture I was referencing. The one piece of evidence that shows them in the same room together. If Pharah is a kid there, then Mercy would be 17 at the oldest, so still a minor. There's no further proof that they ever interacted with eachother. So is it really that weird that a 32yo and a 37yo started dating just because they saw each other one time when they were 12 and 17 and had no relationship in between?

And back to the point about Pharah being a kid and Mercy being a teen, using the "that's weird" logic, that kind of invalidates any ships with any of the other Overwatch people, doesn't it? So MercyX76, or MercyXReaper, or PharahXMcCree? Why are none of those ever considered creepy? McCree is the same age as Mercy, and he's probably the most popular male ship with Pharah. (And the fanart is 100% more creepy than Pharmercy fanart.)
02/08/2018 09:22 PMPosted by EpsilonKey14
02/08/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Dad76
Chill out a little bit dude, you're getting a little too heated.

While I don't agree with you being called a bigot, let's not start bashing on Pharmercy as a ship.

People. Feel free to ship whatever you want, whenever you want. All that matters if that YOU like what you ship.

Quite frankly, NO ship should be confirmed because we clearly can't handle one being preferred over the other. (IE. The Pharmercy/Gency wars).

The Pharmercy/Gency war is childish imo, just let peeps ship what they want.
02/08/2018 09:25 PMPosted by SovietNinja
I'm honestly starting to get tired of both of them as ships purely because of the hate spewed from both sides.

If there's anything/anyone I want to know about, I want to know about Gérard Lacroix.

Seriously.

The man was so boss, Talon had to brainwash his wife to kill him.

That's straight-up dope man.
...Someone doesn't agree with me! They're a bigot!!

You're one of those guys who believe anyone that doesn't ship their gay ship is inherently an homophobe, aren't ya?
02/08/2018 09:25 PMPosted by SovietNinja
...Chill out a little bit dude, you're getting a little too heated.

Quite frankly, NO ship should be confirmed because we clearly can't handle one being preferred over the other. (IE. The Pharmercy/Gency wars).

It actually amazes me how blizzard just straight-up made fun of these childish discourses.

The white tiger (Genji) has a rivalry with the azure dragon (Pharah)