"It's just Quick Play" should translate to "I don't care."

General Discussion
Or "I don't care about your experience. Enjoy your L."

Simple as that. I'm seeing people just throw matches all day and when I try to give at least a minimum of call outs that could help us win I get called a tryhard and "It's just Quick Play" thrown at me.

If you're not there to play the game to win, why are you even bothering playing other than to ruin the experience of 5 other people in QP trying to grind? Goes double to the throwers and trolls.

Or maybe Blizz is just fostering this attitude so people get irritated enough to buy their event boxes.

Well until Blizz brings back Avoid Player I won't buy a box!
I never knew that avoid player existed. That's a really good solution to the toxicity problems.
what if someone's taking the game too seriously?

and by too seriously i don't mean asking a teammate to go tank.
I really don't though.
Well, uh, minus the boycott part of the post, get ready for downvotes. Forum has the mentality that it’s a mode to practice their heroes of choice, and win or lose, try or throw, it does not matter, for it is quick play you try hard.
02/08/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Raindrop
I never knew that avoid player existed. That's a really good solution to the toxicity problems.

The issue was that people would avoid players that were good. The top widowmaker at the time had queue times of over an hour because no one wanted to play against him. And the issue of only being able to avoid players on your team is similar, but it takes much longer.
I mean, I find it annoying when people flat out refuse to try just because it's QP. But I'm not going to get upset if people want to try out new heroes. I do all the time on heroes I never play and I'm terrible, but I do still try to win. I've never been asked personally to change in QP but I wouldn't get angry if someone did and it wasn't a dumb suggestion.
02/08/2018 04:34 PMPosted by BabyMagnum
Or maybe Blizz is just fostering this attitude so people get irritated enough to buy their event boxes.

You can stop here lol. Don't make up some conspiracy. I do agree it sucks when people don't take QP that seriously, especially if I just came from losing in comp. That being said, I do use QP to test out heroes sometimes and it is irritating when people treat it like comp if I'm sucking. I'll respond with "It's just QP" but that doesn't mean I'm throwing. You win some, you lose some. At least SR doesn't go down in QP.
Well truthfully I don't expect anything jumping into quick play it's simply just that quick play, I'm looking to warm up a bit maybe try a couple things in between rounds but that's about it. That being said though I've had a few matches in qp where I simply could not try what I wanted bc of x,y, and z so I also want players to care more than they do not like I said not really expecting much
02/08/2018 04:37 PMPosted by GoldenAxe
practice their heroes of choice
If it's a mode to practice, shouldn't you at least try to work with the team and see how the character works? You'd have a better chance of winning instead of standing in a corner spamming emotes all day and make everyone else's grind a little less horrific.
I prefer "I don't care what you think I should be doing with my hero". It's basically short hand for leave me alone, I didn't queue up to be your pawn.
Should you try in quick play? Of course

Should you force yourself to play heroes you don't want and tryhard to the point where its no longer fun? Goodness no

Quick play is where a lot of people go to play what they feel like playing. Some of them are there to practice a certain hero, and some just want a chill fun round.

But that doesn't mean they're throwing just because they don't want to fill tank or healer, and it doesn't mean they're throwing when one of them tells someone to chill out when someone's getting extremely toxic over people not playing like its competitive.

If you dislike the idea of any of those above things, competitive is a place that has everything you want and more, so why not go play there instead?
02/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Gilthas
I mean, I find it annoying when people flat out refuse to try just because it's QP. But I'm not going to get upset if people want to try out new heroes. I do all the time on heroes I never play and I'm terrible, but I do still try to win. I've never been asked personally to change in QP but I wouldn't get angry if someone did and it wasn't a dumb suggestion.
I try new heroes in QP. If it isn't working and someone wants a switch I'll switch.

I want the team to win, PERIOD, not end up having the team throw by getting tilted because I'm being stubborn.
Yeah. Pretty much. The bulk of my games are just filled with kids being rude for no reason.

I literally had someone talk !@#$ to me because I made a call over voicecomm as a support class the other day. There is zero consequences for being insufferable, rude, etc in this game just because they can.

I end most of my OW sessions with the impulse to uninstall this game but I don't for whatever reason.
02/08/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Arcade
Yeah. Pretty much. The bulk of my games are just filled with kids being rude for no reason.

I literally had someone talk !@#$ to me because I made a call over voicecomm as a support class the other day. There is zero consequences for being insufferable, rude, etc in this game just because they can.

I end most of my OW sessions with the impulse to uninstall this game but I don't for whatever reason.
This is a whole other problem this game has.
Yep QP is trash... Losing 99% of my games there.. and since thats the only thing i play (bad experience in comp).... This game is terrible for me to play.... So i dont...

If you're not there to play the game to win, why are you even bothering playing other than to ruin the experience of 5 other people in QP trying to grind?

More often than not the majority of the team in a qp match don't care about winning. In those cases they're really not ruining anything, rather you're just wanting your whole team to play how you want to play rather than how they want to play.
Just like when people say "gg ez" and it alters the message, it should do the same to "Its just quickplay"
Or "I don't care about your experience. Enjoy your L."

Simple as that. I'm seeing people just throw matches all day and when I try to give at least a minimum of call outs that could help us win I get called a tryhard and "It's just Quick Play" thrown at me.

If you're not there to play the game to win, why are you even bothering playing other than to ruin the experience of 5 other people in QP trying to grind? Goes double to the throwers and trolls.

Well until Blizz brings back Avoid Player I won't buy a box!
I mean as long as a player tries they can play any hero they want, so have fun with 6 dps comps for the win.
See I've gotten really, REALLY pissed at the behavior of some people in QP (staying in spawn, not engaging, generally keeping us 6 v 5, walling people with Mei when they try to fall back, FEEDING) It gets to a point where I get toxic as all hell.

I wager Blizz has a stack of reports on me. I got a temper. Not making excuses here I've tilted man.

Thing is... I try to help where I can but when the rest of the team is seeming to have a thumb up where the sun don't shine you'd have to wonder why I continue to bash my head against the wall.