"It's just Quick Play" should translate to "I don't care."

General Discussion
02/08/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Raindrop
I never knew that avoid player existed. That's a really good solution to the toxicity problems.

It's a great idea, since blocking doesn't do anything, but people outright abused the avoid system.

There was this Widowmaker god player who had so many players avoiding them it was impossible to find a game. If I recall there was another SK player who played D.va experiencing the same thing. So the Devs took away the feature. It wasn't being used to block toxicity, it was being abused by slews of butthurt players.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have avoid this player back. But history shows the community doesn't know how to properly use it. :/
02/08/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Xaron
02/08/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Raindrop
I never knew that avoid player existed. That's a really good solution to the toxicity problems.

The issue was that people would avoid players that were good. The top widowmaker at the time had queue times of over an hour because no one wanted to play against him. And the issue of only being able to avoid players on your team is similar, but it takes much longer.

Avoid player removing them from being matched against you was a mistake. That made it too easy to avoid skilled players.

But if they made it teammate only (i.e. avoiding someone means you can play against them, just not with them), and queues are negatively impacted, you'd have to accept that maybe your gameplay choices aren't correct.
02/08/2018 04:45 PMPosted by BabyMagnum
02/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Gilthas
I mean, I find it annoying when people flat out refuse to try just because it's QP. But I'm not going to get upset if people want to try out new heroes. I do all the time on heroes I never play and I'm terrible, but I do still try to win. I've never been asked personally to change in QP but I wouldn't get angry if someone did and it wasn't a dumb suggestion.
I try new heroes in QP. If it isn't working and someone wants a switch I'll switch.

I want the team to win, PERIOD, not end up having the team throw by getting tilted because I'm being stubborn.
So wait you want people to be allowe to onetrick in comp but not qp? currently anyone can play any hero at any time, as long as they try their best, they are not throwing.
From the report function:

Poor teamwork is:
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion.

If they're not trying to win, report them.
02/08/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Spooder
I mean as long as a player tries they can play any hero they want, so have fun with 6 dps comps for the win.
I've had that happen strangely enough. That happened because of call-outs and working as a team even if half of us (I was getting into Tracer at the time) were new.

We all knew we were in undiscovered country and the other team just didn't expect us. We were also ready to switch if we were gonna get rolled because honestly we wanted the XP. We were thirsty as a desert and the rain was falling.
02/08/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
If they're not trying to win, report them.
My report finger is quite, quite muscular now. It benches more than Zarya.
02/08/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Spooder
So wait you want people to be allowe to onetrick in comp but not qp? currently anyone can play any hero at any time, as long as they try their best, they are not throwing.
I think that's a characterization of what I posted.
the only time I ever use "it's just QP" is when I'm playing lucio or zen or ana and someone is getting super mad because I won't switch to mercy. So from that perspective... you're right, I don't care about your experience, I'm playing the hero I want to play as and it's not "throwing" no matter how much you think it is