Sombra is ded, lul

General Discussion
02/08/2018 07:35 PMPosted by VashClone
It shifts her role from a heavy support by building EMP for the team in no time flat, to a more solid solo DPS . She's still a saboteur role by her design, yet this new change allows her to be a better flanker with the decreased spread and stronger denial of passives. She might be better to 1v1 opponents now instead of waiting to finish off weak opponents.

In other words, she's more true DPS character now. The problem now is that it might make her too powerful considering. Blizzard said they didn't want her to be an assassin role, but these changes might make that happen. It's a big buff for her, but it also means a massive problem for supports. They gotta deal with Tracers and Genjis to no end already, and this makes their roles even harder.

That's what I think. She almost feels like a slightly better version of Tracer now. Probably won't notice it at my SR, but I can see pro players just ruining back-lines now. The buffs to her and doomfist come at an interesting time though. After the Mercy nerf, we assumed it was going to be quad tank and moira lucio. Now you'll have something to counter that with, with better doomfist and sombra.
*blizzard makes hero with lot of utility so makes shots awful and also makes utility less reliable
*accidently has amazing ult charge rate
*reworks hero so it works like an actual flanker
*all the people who don't play sombra cry because the core of the hero's utility has changed, despite all the buffs being exactly what everyone asked for and what she needed to perform like an actual flanker
*no nothings make forum post or !@#$ty youtube video about it
*forum proceeds to roast them
02/08/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Smooth990
02/08/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Zeron

This was always the case before anyway.
Not to the extent it should have been. Along with the quicker time to hack, Sombra will be able to punish flanker more, specifically Genji, who won't be able to escape with his passive anymore. She'll probably get kills a bit more reliably with the spread reduction. Overall, I would say these changes help her do her job more consistently, and will make her ult a bigger deal, too

Genji and Tracers were very easy targets for Sombra. These changes are not gonna affect it much. Genjis major mobility is DASH. not walking up a wall.

A genji walking up a wall to get a way form a Sombra usually ended up a ded Genji anyways, as Sombra could just translocate acorss the wall and finish him.
02/08/2018 11:08 PMPosted by RavageDionne
I'm just glad she's going to be able to utter shut down Genji now.

She could already do this.
If a genji/tracer can't react to an obvious sound animation in six seconds and reliable get 1 bullet on the target by accident, then they kinda deserve to die for it honestly.
02/08/2018 11:28 PMPosted by RabidAidan
If a genji/tracer can't react to an obvious sound animation in six seconds and reliable get 1 bullet on the target by accident, then they kinda deserve to die for it honestly.

It's so amazingly fast.

Even players on Fitzy's stream struggled and couldn't react on time despite him stealthing and initiating and successfully casting Hack.
I felt the same way when I read this on paper, but having now played it, I no longer feel that way. I get the ult pretty fast still because of the increased damage. I actually wonder if the charge rate is still overturned given how powerful she is now outside of it.
02/08/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Ahab
02/08/2018 07:35 PMPosted by VashClone
. It's a big buff for her, but it also means a massive problem for supports. They gotta deal with Tracers and Genjis to no end already, and this makes their roles even harder.

It also means that Sombra can hack Genji and Tracer ~19% faster and that could go a long way to protecting your supports. Especially since genji loses all his mobility now.

And that might make her role shift further from DPS support to DPS defense. It does sound interesting.
02/08/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Zeron
Genji and Tracers were very easy targets for Sombra. These changes are not gonna affect it much. Genjis major mobility is DASH. not walking up a wall.

No. Genji's major evasive utility is air-jumping over your head because characters are gimbal-locked.

The farthest you can look up is approximately 89 degrees past dead center (straight ahead). If you try to go past 89 degrees, you cannot look up any farther. You simply get stopped. In order to track a genji that jumps over your head, you need to stop tracking. Pull your crosshairs back down to a point where you can safely control your spin, and then spin around to face him.

Add Genji's ability to change direction mid-air when he air-jumps to that, and you have a supremely reliable way to break any opponent's ability to track you at will. This is not an ability on a cooldown. You simply have to be in their face, and it works on everyone.
02/08/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
They actually made Sombra useful outside of her ultimate so its fair that they nerf how fast she gets it.

S
Most players see her as useless WITH her ultimate, dude. If you pick her people start throwing.
So you realize they buffed hack, right? and what does her emp do? that's right, it hacks. emp went from being an good teamfight winner to a completely devastating team-wide gimp for the low low cost of being charged a bit slower. meanwhile she can gimp single targets at will while she is charging it. lucio with no speed boost or healing? genji with no double jump or dash? mercy with no guardian angel? tracer with no blinks? all easy pick-offs and can be hacked in just over half a second now. this is a major buff to sombra.
02/08/2018 07:19 PMPosted by HanzoMaker
No ult from hacked healthpacks? For just slightly reduced spray and hack time?

yes, it's called buffing the rest of her kit instead of having her rely on her EMP.
This actually liberates her from the playstyle of hide/healing after every attack...now she can be more in the thick of the fight and screwing people over mid-action before EMP'ing the opposition.

Medpack isn't the only way - and they'll likely balance/tune ult gain anyway.
As far as I can see it on Sombra I've had some fun player her but the hack and her damage seemed a little on the under tuned side aside from that she's has been pretty fun to play and the changes look positive and whilst I might not have 44152 hours on Sombra that heyvirus dude that's been making some good posts about Sombra for some time now seems to see it in a positive light and that's all I need to know it's a move in the right direction
the hack buff means that she needs to have an ult charge nerf, since her ult benefits from the hack buff.
wow. this is awesome. sombra is more fun now.

sorry, can't play now. is it live already?

EDIT: just read. yep it's live :D
02/10/2018 10:57 PMPosted by nozmail
wow. this is awesome. sombra is more fun now.

sorry, can't play now. is it live already?

EDIT: just read. yep it's live :D

It was for like a day, it was reverted.
Sombra's dead?

Don't worry she'll respawn in 10 seconds
So you link massive buffs and a light nerf, I mean screw the EMP charge from packs, if you get such sick buffs in ex-change, you get a faster and 10x better hack, read what the hack does... Its killing 90% of the heroes, they must reduce her ult charge else EMP will rule the game.
02/08/2018 07:19 PMPosted by HanzoMaker
No ult from hacked healthpacks? For just slightly reduced spray and hack time?

Goodbye neverplayed hero who got nerfed for some reason

02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent
bait