I'm done with comp

Competitive Discussion
I've had it. I'm finally done with comp for this season. I'm tired of the leavers, trolls, and smurfs just ruining games. In 8 seasons Blizzard has not done one thing about them. It's become clear to me now that they ain't going to do anything. I was hoping this season would be different, boy was I wrong. I guess that's what I get for play comp. Comp is nothing but trash. I know this is going to be one more post about this but I'm just about to uninstall this game and give up on Overwatch. It just seems to me that Blizzard just does not care. Why don't they ban these trolls and leavers? Post after post about this crap and nothing has been done. I can see why this game is so toxic, this game is making me toxic. Blizzard get off your butt and do something about this game. Start banning the trolls and leavers.
The average age is like 15. Of course you are going to get kiddies misbehaving :) Also there is a lot of people who do nothing but sit in their moms basement and play OW, which leads to smurfing and throwing/leaving.
It's your own fault for trying to play this game seriously.

Overwatch at it's heart is random casual chaotic fun. Whether you'll go on a 10 win streak or a 10 loss streak can be completely out of your hands. You should've understood this and simply gone into comp with the intention of having your own fun, ignore what teammates do, don't worry about wins/losses, etc. Enjoy whatever little you do have control over.
They are never going to do anything about smurfs because it is free money in their pocket. There's a reason Kaplan has said he has no issue with smurfs and no company is going to change anything that is making them a ton of money (people buying 3-4 accounts and essentially buying the game over and over) with them not having to make any development effort what so ever.
Also tired of the horrible matchmaking system that goes out of its way to ensure my team is out-skilled by 3x to 4x margins.
02/09/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Ethernyet
Also tired of the horrible matchmaking system that goes out of its way to ensure my team is out-skilled by 3x to 4x margins.

If you start winning and your mmr jumps, it seems that way. But that dosent mean you cant win. You just need a bit of luck with teammates and notice your mistakes. Everyone makes them, when I play tank and charge stupidly il say sorry team back up and wait for me. In gold the avarage tank player that makes that mistake will instantly blame the dps for not helping him. You see the pattern ? Ofc there are situations when you think to yourself how is this player even gold.... but hey thats life ( matchmaking ) ...
I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact that your rank in comp is Bronze on PC and Silver on Xbox AT ALL! Surely being in the two lowest ranks has nothing to do with it!
There is a reason you are having issues, leaver and trolls are in that rank for a reason. As for smurfs? I doubt anyone would smurf a Bronze rank.

While I agree that Blizzard could be doing better, they are definitly working on it. Just this morning I recieved a message saying that a player I reported had action taken against them, oh wait, I must be lying because “Blizzard just does not care.”

There are better ways to express your concerns that arent just making a rage fueled post on the forums, I wish people would understand this.
02/08/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Muryou72
I've had it. I'm finally done with comp for this season. I'm tired of the leavers, trolls, and smurfs just ruining games. In 8 seasons Blizzard has not done one thing about them. It's become clear to me now that they ain't going to do anything. I was hoping this season would be different, boy was I wrong. I guess that's what I get for play comp. Comp is nothing but trash. I know this is going to be one more post about this but I'm just about to uninstall this game and give up on Overwatch. It just seems to me that Blizzard just does not care. Why don't they ban these trolls and leavers? Post after post about this crap and nothing has been done. I can see why this game is so toxic, this game is making me toxic. Blizzard get off your butt and do something about this game. Start banning the trolls and leavers.
i feel you mate. no way to climb and the game is making me feel toxic too.
Yeah, it has to be other people that's keeping you in bronze, not your own lack of mechanics or gamesense.
I'm done with comp as well. The fck is the reason behind choosing a pharah when we have a lucio and moira. Not wasting my time anymore trying to rank up in such a crappy system. Just going to focus on having fun in the arcade. Players in comp are bad these days.
Strange that i went from bronze to plat over the last seasons and there nothing changed about the toxicity of people. Two friends of me are high diamond and they report the same throwers and ragers... So it has nothing to do with your rank but the game that has no punishment for this
There are far better games to scratch your FPS itch. I don't get why people are so hung up on this game. The pretty colors? The goofy characters? The 'OMG SO COOL!' weeboo fascination with all things weeboo-like?

I'm sorry to say, but Overwatch isn't a good FPS game. It's average. They created something new, and it's not that great. It's like Tiger Flavor Ice Cream. Orange and Black Licorice? What in the actual F is that? Some adore it, most dislike it.

Play something else. Honest. The FPS games on the way in 2018 are leaps and bounds better than this garbage fire of a game. The issues and flaws are glaring. They're right there in the open, unchanged for seasons. Blizzard placates the top500 crowd and the bulk of the playerbase can gtfo.

Just reality.
Stream or post vods of your own gameplay. There are willing people here or in /r/OWU that are more than willing to help you out.

Of course if you're declining because you know you have no problems in your own gameplay or that you're going to get mocked for your own gameplay, then I think you know exactly what the problem is. You just can't admit it to yourself.
02/09/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Moxsapphire
There are far better games to scratch your FPS itch. I don't get why people are so hung up on this game. The pretty colors? The goofy characters? The 'OMG SO COOL!' weeboo fascination with all things weeboo-like?

I'm sorry to say, but Overwatch isn't a good FPS game. It's average. They created something new, and it's not that great. It's like Tiger Flavor Ice Cream. Orange and Black Licorice? What in the actual F is that? Some adore it, most dislike it.

Play something else. Honest. The FPS games on the way in 2018 are leaps and bounds better than this garbage fire of a game. The issues and flaws are glaring. They're right there in the open, unchanged for seasons. Blizzard placates the top500 crowd and the bulk of the playerbase can gtfo.

Just reality.

Everyone can have their own opinion, but why are you passing this one off as a fact? It is clearly not, its your opinion on the game.
02/09/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Tuckermarley
Everyone can have their own opinion, but why are you passing this one off as a fact? It is clearly not, its your opinion on the game.

Soloq Low Rank play has been a disaster since launch. There are a plethora of issues that plague it this day. They're all but ignored by Blizzard. It's no opinion. It's fact.
02/09/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Moxsapphire
02/09/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Tuckermarley

Soloq Low Rank play has been a disaster since launch. There are a plethora of issues that plague it this day. They're all but ignored by Blizzard. It's no opinion. It's fact.

Then play more and get better, to get out of low rank soloq.
02/09/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Tuckermarley

Stereotypical false response. Anything else? Or is that the end of your addition to the discussion.
People very often throw when they don't do good the first round, or don't get their way. It should be punished much harsher than it is now.
02/09/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Tuckermarley
There is a reason you are having issues, leaver and trolls are in that rank for a reason. As for smurfs? I doubt anyone would smurf a Bronze rank.

You know the people you see throwing in games? they are just passing through your rank, Bronze IS their destination.

Back when I was in Bronze (and it was before when you lost your rank when you lost SR, so you could see the ranks they normally played it) Bronze was FULL of plat + diamond players.

Near end of season you would have more then one in most games.

Now, any game with one in was a game which was a write off as far as you going up or down in SR based on your skill.

So yes, he is complaining, and yes he is in silver and bronze, but - he has every right to complain since that is where the problem is at its worse.

At end of season he will get a fair game every few days. Blizzard needs to get in there and clean it up.

You do not understand the scale of the problem and how long it is between fair games. The noise from the smurfs swamps the signal of the players skill.

When I finally got out of bronze, I went to high gold in a week. You seriously have to be able to play mid / high gold level to get out of bronze by skill. Since you have to be able to swing the game even though there are smurfs (and it is a long and hard process).

Or you 6 stack since that way you don't have the throwers on your team. Any other way involves luck.
02/09/2018 01:13 PMPosted by RobotWizard
02/09/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Tuckermarley

You know the people you see throwing in games? they are just passing through your rank, Bronze IS their destination.

Back when I was in Bronze (and it was before when you lost your rank when you lost SR, so you could see the ranks they normally played it) Bronze was FULL of plat + diamond players.

Near end of season you would have more then one in most games.

Now, any game with one in was a game which was a write off as far as you going up or down in SR based on your skill.

So yes, he is complaining, and yes he is in silver and bronze, but - he has every right to complain since that is where the problem is at its worse.

At end of season he will get a fair game every few days. Blizzard needs to get in there and clean it up.

You do not understand the scale of the problem and how long it is between fair games. The noise from the smurfs swamps the signal of the players skill.

When I finally got out of bronze, I went to high gold in a week. You seriously have to be able to play mid / high gold level to get out of bronze by skill. Since you have to be able to swing the game even though there are smurfs (and it is a long and hard process).

Or you 6 stack since that way you don't have the throwers on your team. Any other way involves luck.

That would make sense. I have never been in bronze and only seen it in videos and such. My apologies for the ignorance.