soldier 76 and burst fire

General Discussion
02/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Pakaku
02/13/2018 07:17 PMPosted by ConnieAmore
The fact that you all got butthurt over a simple suggestion that doesnt even change game balance is hilarious and at the same time bad for anything creative.

Go live in your bubble somewhere else besides OW please.
The suggestion is pointless because burst-fire already exists via trigger discipline.

What is trigger discipline? As already pointed out, you fire only a few shots, let go for a split second, then repeat. Soldier's accuracy resets to perfect if you do this, same for other characters like Bastion.

The only reason you don't want to learn an otherwise handy mechanic is because you're too stubborn to bother learning it. But trust me, you'll be thankful if you do.

If its pointless why be so adamantly against it?
02/13/2018 07:26 PMPosted by ConnieAmore
02/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Pakaku
...The suggestion is pointless because burst-fire already exists via trigger discipline.

What is trigger discipline? As already pointed out, you fire only a few shots, let go for a split second, then repeat. Soldier's accuracy resets to perfect if you do this, same for other characters like Bastion.

The only reason you don't want to learn an otherwise handy mechanic is because you're too stubborn to bother learning it. But trust me, you'll be thankful if you do.

If its pointless why be so adamantly against it?
Because it's redundant, and pressing a button and letting go in a rhythmic pattern is brain-dead easy?
02/13/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Pakaku
Because it's redundant, and pressing a button and letting go in a rhythmic pattern is brain-dead easy?

yeah, i do kinda agree with you. However lore wise the likely hood of soldier's weapon having such modes would be quite high due to the fact that modern assault weapons already have such modes, and that such modes are proved to be highly beneficial than just doing the one tap.

but i dont like this game's recoil starting point because it occurs on the fifth shot with makes the fifth shot have recoil, to wich then defeats the purpose of that rhythmic timing because at that point, i'll have to fire less than that,
and at that point, I cant have a mode that allows me to burst fire or even single fire for possibly higher damage than just 19 dmg?

At that point, why even play him or even learn to be better with soldier if I can get gud with widowmaker and her flicks and own the whole game every match.
02/09/2018 09:16 AMPosted by ConnieAmore
02/09/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Dreadnought
Hold fire for a few seconds. Release. Those first four shots have no spread. Repeat. Burst fire achieved. Even three round burst on assault rifles requires individual trigger squeezes. C’mon now.
yes but you'll need to multi-task until you can engrave in your brain the burst fire timing, because you'll need to pay attention to the gun fire along with aiming at the pharah.
whereas a mode-change you dont have to worry about the gun fire, just solely the pharah.

especially due to the fact that soldier is grounded and has to worry about ground enemies while pharah doesnt

Is this your first fps?
02/13/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Strife
Is this your first fps?

[/quote]
if you're not gonna say anything useful or even contribute to the conversation dont say anything at all.

Pharah is op
no real way to counter her
jack of all trades, master of none. He can do everything, but nothing exceptionally.

I hope this was intended
Just played pharah against mccree

His damage was terrible. 30 damage per shot
missing every other shot while i killed him.
gimme a pocket mercy and I would've two shotted him.