Let's Fix Everything (Overwrite)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
02/11/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Titanium
02/11/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Fragehardt
RIP, I think you should have waited until the new forums launched to post this, as it will be more-or-less lost when it switches over.

Still though, awesome post, and it obviously took no small amount of effort to do this. The community appreciates you.

Edit: I especially like the Reinhardt balance part and your points are similar to those I have made in the past. I very much like build 2 and think that is the necessary course of action for his issues (along with bug fixes, obviously), and it is what I have been suggesting for quite a while. It also would not break him as his playstyle would remain exactly the same. Build 3 is interesting too :)
Don't worry about it; I still have the entire thing saved to that Google Doc. If the forum updates go live and it disappears, I can repost it.

Good. This post is amazing and I don't want it to be lost.
02/11/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Fragehardt
02/11/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Titanium
...Don't worry about it; I still have the entire thing saved to that Google Doc. If the forum updates go live and it disappears, I can repost it.

I don’t want it to be lost either.

On a tangent, Titanium, can you post the link to the Google Doc in an edit to the OP? I would appreciate having access to it when I’m not able to access the forums.
02/11/2018 12:25 PMPosted by DarkAngel40
Anyway, interesting thread, but like I said, Blizzard doesn't give a damn about us forum posters. So don't be surprised when none of them respond to this thread.
I won't be. I'd be surprised to hear that they did read this post. Doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying though.
02/11/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Titanium
7.1 - Solutions for Bastion:

Even through I'm not posting on my main, for reasons, this seems like too much of an overhaul to Bastion.

He is more than fine with his 20% IC on sentry, he just needs the spread lowered to compensate for the 15% decrease in IC.

This means 5-10% less spread, as it slightly increases his TTK since his sustain was cut back a little, he needs some faster killing potential, especially when factoring in his HS removal.

Then Tank is fine, the projectile speed is fine, but his IC is not. He should have the 30-30% IC on tank because many, many, manyyyyyyy, times I transform and can't last through his animation, since it's 1.5 seconds of being stuck in place, and you go through that animation twice.

If buffing IC on Tank is too much, then he needs to have his health reset to 300 when entering and exiting Tank. Kinda like how Winston gets healed up to 1000. But everything else about him is fine. It's just the spread reduction and tank I buff is all that he really needs. They aren't big buffs either, so it won't completely break him like what his rework did.
02/11/2018 12:28 PMPosted by DragonSlayer
02/11/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Fragehardt

On a tangent, Titanium, can you post the link to the Google Doc in an edit to the OP? I would appreciate having access to it when I’m not able to access the forums.
I would rather not, as it's tied to one of my emails, and I would prefer keep those addresses secret. If you want, you can quote and copy/paste the entire post into a Google Doc of your own if you like.
02/11/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Titanium

I would rather not, as it's tied to one of my emails, and I would prefer keep those addresses secret. If you want, you can quote and copy/paste the entire post into a Google Doc of your own if you like.

Yeah that's what I did. I have it as a backup for when the forums reset, but it seems like you also got it saved (duh, that's a lot of time put into this).
02/11/2018 12:35 PMPosted by MeiHǝntoi
He is more than fine with his 20% IC on sentry, he just needs the spread lowered to compensate for the 15% decrease in IC.

This means 5-10% less spread, as it slightly increases his TTK since his sustain was cut back a little, he needs some faster killing potential, especially when factoring in his HS removal.
5-10% less spread really isn't much, considering that his spread is always at its maximum bloom and that he has no headshot capacity in Configuration: Sentry. The survivability changes in Sentry mode (50 HP -> 50 armor, ironclad removed) were to make chip damage less effective against Bastion in that configuration but also to make sustain/burst damage more effective against him. Hopefully, these changes in conjunction with the Gatling Cannon changes will make "Pirate ship"/babysitting strategies less effective, but also make Bastion more effective in other scenarios.
02/11/2018 12:35 PMPosted by MeiHǝntoi
Then Tank is fine, the projectile speed is fine, but his IC is not. He should have the 30-30% IC on tank because many, many, manyyyyyyy, times I transform and can't last through his animation, since it's 1.5 seconds of being stuck in place, and you go through that animation twice.

If buffing IC on Tank is too much, then he needs to have his health reset to 300 when entering and exiting Tank. Kinda like how Winston gets healed up to 1000. But everything else about him is fine. It's just the spread reduction and tank I buff is all that he really needs. They aren't big buffs either, so it won't completely break him like what his rework did.
Your suggestion for Bastion's Tank form isn't very different from mine. I'm asking for 35% Ironclad and a 30 meter/second projectile speed increase; you're asking for 30% Ironclad.

The Configuration: Tank projectile speed increase makes Bastion more effective at distant ranges against mobile targets. I don't really see a reason to not have it.
5-10% less spread really isn't much, considering that his spread is always at its maximum bloom and that he has no headshot capacity in Configuration: Sentry. The survivability changes in Sentry mode (50 HP -> 50 armor, ironclad removed) were to make chip damage less effective against Bastion in that configuration but also to make sustain/burst damage more effective against him. Hopefully, these changes in conjunction with the Gatling Cannon changes will make "Pirate ship"/babysitting strategies less effective, but also make Bastion more effective in other scenarios.

Imo the headshot removal was compensated by 100 extra ammo, so I'm fine in that department.

If the 5-10% less spread even reduces the TTK by .5 seconds, that's still a net buff. .5 seconds in some situations is the line between life and death. Anything too much would just turn him back into Bastion the Sniper, and his spread currently acts like falloff so there is no reason to then nerf him by adding falloff, which would be the next step that Blizzard would take to nerf him.

02/11/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Titanium
Your suggestion for Bastion's Tank form isn't very different from mine. I'm asking for 35% Ironclad and a 30 meter/second projectile speed increase; you're asking for 30% Ironclad.

The Configuration: Tank projectile speed increase makes Bastion more effective at distant ranges against mobile targets. I don't really see a reason to not have it.

[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda just tacked on the point since I'm used to saying both points.

The reason why I'm against his projectile speed increase is that many Bastion players have gotten used to his travel time, and hitting those long shots comes down to skill and aim, and I don't want that sacrificed just so the entry-level user can feel good about his ult.

Which is why I feel the IC buff is all he really needs in Tank. That and his !@#$ING first-shot bug needs to be fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYRFsVr5zI

So please add that to the list of Bastion-problems <3 It's really, really, really, frustrating when it happens.

Edit: on the topic of fixing things and kolorblind, could you add a section for fixing the colorblind modes? Kolorblind made a topic about how the current filters just change ALL of the colors, so any red hue on the map gets turned into purple, blue to green. Then on some of the filters it makes it hard to see the enemy names/health, any effects (anti-nade purple on top of purple color blind mode is HELL)

I'll try and find his topic that explains it.

Edit #2: Found the thread, and it seems like Jeff already gave a reply:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761726628?page=1

02/07/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're still planning updates to colorblind mode using the OWL system. Sorry it's taking so long.
02/11/2018 01:09 PMPosted by MeiHǝntoi
and his spread currently acts like falloff so there is no reason to then nerf him by adding falloff, which would be the next step that Blizzard would take to nerf him.
He already has falloff in Configuration: Sentry.
Which is why I feel the IC buff is all he really needs in Tank. That and his !@#$ING first-shot bug needs to be fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYRFsVr5zI

So please add that to the list of Bastion-problems <3 It's really, really, really, frustrating when it happens.
Will do.
02/11/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Titanium
He already has falloff in Configuration: Sentry.

Well then proceed with the spread tightening!

02/11/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Titanium
Will do.

Thx fam.
Awesome post as always Titanium!

02/11/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Titanium

Personality:
Edginess increased by 38%.
I was told by a Reaper main that this is very important.

And thank you so much for including this. This is a serious issue with Reaper's viability and I hope it gets addressed soon.
You worked way too hard on this thing for way too long to have it slip into the forum graveyard so early. Really a well thought out post.

On the subject of Reaper, for the sake of lore, his alternate fire may as well be some sort of grenade that only explodes on direct contact with an enemy and doesn't really have much of a blast radius. Basically it's a visual sort of thing.
Titanium, I seriously love you. A lot of the ideas you propose make a lot of sense to me and I hope that you'll get some recognition in form of a blue post for it.
02/11/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Titanium

K.
Bump thissssss
This post is awesome and much needed.

I also find it massively amusing that the forum moderators don't want the OP's post quoted because it would take years to read the thread in it's entirety.
02/11/2018 12:25 PMPosted by DarkAngel40

Edit: hey, Frage. Glad to see you here.

Hey, bud! That was my post you were referring to, I think. RIP Reinhardt

:( FeelsReinMain
I 100% agree with be Junkrat changes you proposed

I see a small trend for some hero nerfs making them more inconsistent like the Junkrat mine falloff and somehow making the new versions of Bastion’s Sentry and Tank worse than the original

In Bastion’s case, he was a bit too much, but they should have compromised it with a small spread decrease to Sentry and keep the original 35% Ironclad on Tank mode only, he would have been in a much better spot
The whole part about Mercy is spot on and nearly brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for your opinion on the subject matter. Wet well informed and insightful. <3