Let's Fix Everything (Overwrite)

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
So I'm guessing the devs have read part of this given the moderator has told people not to quote the whole thing. It would be nice to receive some developer feedback on these ideas. Especially with all the effort OP put into this.
Oh man this is such a good post.
Titanium truly loves this game to go to this kind of effort! I SALUTE YOU!
02/13/2018 11:28 PMPosted by RichC
Oh man this is such a good post.
Titanium truly loves this game to go to this kind of effort! I SALUTE YOU!
^ This ^
c:
Commenting to bump for later.
02/13/2018 06:36 PMPosted by EmoBrownie
literally only logged in just to tell you how spot on and amazing work this post is, hope you get the acknowledgement you deserve! <3
I appreciate the support, but...
02/11/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Titanium
Forum Moderator Note: Please do not quote the entire OP.
02/11/2018 11:38 AMPosted by NiceGenji
I like those Doomfist solutions

Here, have a imaginary cookie

I do too...but I don't think the shield gain is enough. I think at minimum it should be 40 and it should NEVER be higher than 50 for base abilities.

Besides that everything else is legit.
02/14/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Honchkrow
02/11/2018 11:38 AMPosted by NiceGenji
I like those Doomfist solutions

Here, have a imaginary cookie

I do too...but I don't think the shield gain is enough. I think at minimum it should be 40 and it should NEVER be higher than 50 for base abilities.

Besides that everything else is legit.
I wanted to be careful with Doomfist, as he was already really strong when he was initially released with how large his Rocket Punch hitbox was. Then that hitbox was practically nerfed out of existence, and Doomfist's viability dropped with it.

Now that his Rocket Punch is more reasonable (and would be receiving a slight increase in size with my suggestion), I wanted to take smaller steps with buffing Doomfist. Giving him too much at once would make him too powerful.
Have a Valentine's Day Cookie, Titanium!

(yes, I am indeed running out of creative ways to bump this giant post, send help)
Forum Moderator Note: Please do not quote the entire OP

Whoever this mod is, he's literally me, I hate when people quote the OP, like, we KNOW your respoding to the OP, why bother quote it?

Anyway, this is the best post of the forums to date, needs to be pinned by Blizz.
02/14/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Titanium
I wanted to take smaller steps with buffing Doomfist. Giving him too much at once would make him too powerful.

I agree to an extent...I think this is where the PTR should be actually utilized though. Lemme give you my take on it.

40 I'd suggest as the minimum due to how it's significant. 35 means he just barely has shields left from a Quick Melee...They'll be lost to decay instantly.

I suggested 50 as the maximum simply to make his maximum of 150 shields possible to actually accomplish in game. The only time you'll ever hit the maximum is by using your ultimate and miraculously hitting multiple people . (I consider it lucky if you hit one most of the time...) Basically, if you want max shields you NEED to hit your ultimate first. It's QUITE a large amount though. However I feel like it's a great reward for actually landing your moves up close and personal.

• I also can see the fear behind making it too much.
  • Technically Doomfist can generate a ton of shields super fast by hitting multiple enemies at once with Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut. Also, if he never gets hit those shields can feel like they stay around for quite a while as they can kinda build on each other pretty easily due to how his abilities can combo.

The ISSUE I have with it is that the possibility of you hitting multiple opponents and surviving is low. The amount of counterplay to a Doomfist in this game is STAGGERING. Many characters have proper CC to deal with his movements, he's quite large (and the fact that he's closer means he's easier to hit. Which is a problem as there's a LOT of characters who actually do a ton of damage to him up close such as Reaper, Junkrat and even TORBJORN,) parts of his kit are actually easy to defend against (You can actually shield a Seismic Slam if you didn't know...) and he has a predictable move pattern for everything but Rising Uppercut (Which technically is predictable towards the end...but the hitbox is at the beginning so it doesn't matter that much.)

In addition to all of this there's the fact that he's gaining Overshields. These don't have a damage mitigating effect like Armor, they don't regen your health like healing per hit does on Reaper, and they don't regen automatically like regular shields and they drain overtime unlike everything else. The biggest thing for me is how his passive is effectively on a Cooldown. No abilities/Ultimate? No passive...It kinda makes it the oddest passive in the game.

That's my reasoning behind my suggestions anyway...
    02/14/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Honchkrow
    02/14/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Titanium
    I wanted to take smaller steps with buffing Doomfist. Giving him too much at once would make him too powerful.

I agree to an extent...I think this is where the PTR should be actually utilized though. Lemme give you my take on it.

40 I'd suggest as the minimum due to how it's significant. 35 means he just barely has shields left from a Quick Melee...They'll be lost to decay instantly.

I suggested 50 as the maximum simply to make his maximum of 150 shields possible to actually accomplish in game. The only time you'll ever hit the maximum is by using your ultimate and miraculously hitting multiple people . (I consider it lucky if you hit one most of the time...) Basically, if you want max shields you NEED to hit your ultimate first. It's QUITE a large amount though. However I feel like it's a great reward for actually landing your moves up close and personal.

• I also can see the fear behind making it too much.
  • Technically Doomfist can generate a ton of shields super fast by hitting multiple enemies at once with Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut. Also, if he never gets hit those shields can feel like they stay around for quite a while as they can kinda build on each other pretty easily due to how his abilities can combo.

The ISSUE I have with it is that the possibility of you hitting multiple opponents and surviving is low. The amount of counterplay to a Doomfist in this game is STAGGERING. Many characters have proper CC to deal with his movements, he's quite large (and the fact that he's closer means he's easier to hit. Which is a problem as there's a LOT of characters who actually do a ton of damage to him up close such as Reaper, Junkrat and even TORBJORN,) parts of his kit are actually easy to defend against (You can actually shield a Seismic Slam if you didn't know...) and he has a predictable move pattern for everything but Rising Uppercut (Which technically is predictable towards the end...but the hitbox is at the beginning so it doesn't matter that much.)

In addition to all of this there's the fact that he's gaining Overshields. These don't have a damage mitigating effect like Armor, they don't regen your health like healing per hit does on Reaper, and they don't regen automatically like regular shields and they drain overtime unlike everything else. The biggest thing for me is how his passive is effectively on a Cooldown. No abilities/Ultimate? No passive...It kinda makes it the oddest passive in the game.

That's my reasoning behind my suggestions anyway...
    How do you feel about the cooldown reduction on Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut upon hitting a target with Rocket Punch? Would you rather have the cooldown reduction, or 40-50 shields when hitting enemies?
    Out of all heroes we will be discussing in this post, Sombra is in by far the weirdest. Looking at her winrates on Overbuff…
    https://www.overbuff.com/heroes
    Sombra overall has the worst winrate in the game. Look at Bronze. She’s at the very bottom. Now look at Silver. Still the very bottom. Now Gold. Still the very bottom.

Now look at Grandmaster. She’s… 7th from the top? Above Tracer, Genji, and Winston, who are all dominant because of Dive?

I'd like to point out that, on the subject of Sombra's winrate in high ranks, she tends to be all over the place. This week on GM, she's 7th on PC, 4th on XBL, yet 3rd from the last on PSN. Depending on the time period (week, month, 3 months), she'll get anywhere from godlike to terribad. It's likely tied to how her pickrates is so low, any match won or lost can swing the balance more easily than for others.
    I think we could likely make the same point with chars like Doomfist, Mei or Bastion, whose winrate trends can sometimes look like rollercoasters. Doomfist and Sombra are in fact very similar, with terrible winrates up to Diamond, and then anything goes in Masters or GM.
    02/14/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Titanium
    How do you feel about the cooldown reduction on Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut upon hitting a target with Rocket Punch? Would you rather have the cooldown reduction, or 40-50 shields when hitting enemies?

Both award him for his aggression. Which is good. I think they have different functions. One allows for more aggressive plays while the other allows him to escape easier and live longer. Arguably the cooldown reduction allows for more opportunity though than just aggression as you can technically use those abilities to escape...

I'd pick the shields honestly. Nothing can quite increase his survival rate like those can. Unless your team is supporting you enough... I think dying is much more of a downside than lower potential damage. I find with proper management that I don't tend to not have an ability to escape with. Most of the time I die like that or that I have no abilities to use, it's only because I got greedy or careless...

Sure, you could use those abilities as mobility instead, but that's why the whole Seismic Combo exists or at least why many recommend you use it a lot more...so you can use Rocket Punch as mobility. It's on a lower cooldown, it's a faster ability than Rising Uppercut and Seismic Slam combined and it has unique physics with the maps allowing you to get to some amazing places that both Uppercut and Seismic Slam can barely get to. The Jump Punch also gives you better strafing ability after Rocket Punch that allows you to dive behind corners easier as well.

It's such a HARD choice and I could see why people would choose either. They're both good options! I could argue for both! The shields one doesn't put more emphasis on Rocket Punch though...and still rewards players for playing smart and landing their hits. (Which I gotta say... Rocket Punch is a pretty loaded ability man. I don't want it to get nerfed again or the hitbox not to get bigger because it got too much things in it. It does a LOT for Doomfist as is despite being annoying to hit half the time. Even while nerfed heavily, it's still his best ability. That's not even JUST the hitbox I'm talking about nerf wise, his distance also got hit hard as well.)
    I agree with many of these changes. Except Junkrat Ult Charge nerf. You have to consider his ultimate in one of the only abilities that has an opportunity of being cancelled or interrupted TWICE. This is why I feel IMO the devs decided to give him a faster ult charge. That and his primary fire is not as accurate or reliable to hit. So big rewards for big risks. I rarely get every one of my tires to final explosion stage. Humbly consider this point. Great thoughts!
    ... boi. I haven't finished reading all 8 pages of replies but I really wanted to comment on your post. It's just... amazing LOL. You legit should be hired by Blzzard at this point BC your ideas are really well-rounded and sound and... pretty damn badass. I love the ones for Mercy and Reaper especially, as well at the report system. I didn't know the report system worked on numbers alone and your idea is far better.

Also the little jokes here and there (that fake Hanzo rework, the edginess increase for Reaper, the ameizing puns, torbs beard) make this amazing read even better. From my own wannabe writer pov I can tell you this is high quality writing, caught my attention and didn't let go of it.

Now my head is full of dreams for a mercy rework lol...

Anyway thank you for all the efforts you put in that amazing post, i really hope the devs saw it. Cheers!
    02/13/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Titanium
    02/13/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Bloodbath
    I actually had a hook disconnect on me recently when an Orisa activated fortify after I had already hooked them. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug or not.
    It sounds like a bug, being that Roadhog's hook is supposed to stun targets upon connection. If Orisa was using Fortify before the hook connected with her, it should have just *ding* -ed off of her rather than connecting normally and then detaching. If it connected before Orisa used Fortify, it never should have broken unless the target fell out of sight or something, as the stun prevents the target from using abilities.

That could be caused by latency differences, but it's supposed to favor the shooter so I don't know...

There were no obstructions whatsoever and the stun animation played out for her when the hook connected. Entirely possible it was a latency issue, which is what I had figured it was up until I saw that post.
    The attention to every hero with such detail is quite amazing! Once again thanks for such an amazing thread! I really hoped that you've at least thought about applying for a job at Blizzard. They seriously need people like you with such an amazing eye for detail for the game.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
    a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
    #RevertMercy
    02/14/2018 08:14 AMPosted by RabidPeanut
    I agree with many of these changes. Except Junkrat Ult Charge nerf. You have to consider his ultimate in one of the only abilities that has an opportunity of being cancelled or interrupted TWICE. This is why I feel IMO the devs decided to give him a faster ult charge. That and his primary fire is not as accurate or reliable to hit. So big rewards for big risks. I rarely get every one of my tires to final explosion stage. Humbly consider this point. Great thoughts!
    I used to play Junkrat quite a bit too, and there was one thing I was certain of: Junkrat gained his ultimate too fast after his buffs. The speed increase made Junkrat's ultimate more effective by increasing the likelihood of it reaching its target before being destroyed, and his consistency increase through his second mine stack charged his ultimate quicker than before. Junkrat's ultimate charge rate was in a good spot before the rework. If we wanted to increase a hero's damage output but keep their ultimate charge rate constant, the obvious decision would be to increase the hero's ultimate charge requirement.

The charge requirement increase isn't a whole lot; it's only an 11% increase. However, that should be enough to make its charge rate more reasonable.
    02/14/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Hanallua
    ... boi. I haven't finished reading all 8 pages of replies but I really wanted to comment on your post. It's just... amazing LOL. You legit should be hired by Blzzard at this point BC your ideas are really well-rounded and sound and... pretty damn badass. I love the ones for Mercy and Reaper especially, as well at the report system. I didn't know the report system worked on numbers alone and your idea is far better.

Also the little jokes here and there (that fake Hanzo rework, the edginess increase for Reaper, the ameizing puns, torbs beard) make this amazing read even better. From my own wannabe writer pov I can tell you this is high quality writing, caught my attention and didn't let go of it.

Now my head is full of dreams for a mercy rework lol...

Anyway thank you for all the efforts you put in that amazing post, i really hope the devs saw it. Cheers!
    I make these posts for fun. :)
    I read through all 82 pages...and my god, you worked extremely hard on it, OP, and I appreciate the effort.

That said, there are a few points I want to touch on:

Mercy and her Resurrect-

I'm pretty sure there is not going to be a perfect solution to Mercy, because of one ability: Resurrect. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to balance Resurrect or anything related to Resurrect, because at its core is the ability to put a player back into the fight.

So balancing or even reworking this ability is going to be a pain in the rear for any dev. I'm fairly certain Mercy is one of those few heroes that will have to be consistently tweaked, and I'm certain what happened on January 30th won't be the last we've seen of changes to Mercy. Heck, if the goal of the changes was to stop seeing so much Mercy in OWL, then I'm sorry, but I give it less than 2 weeks in Stage 2 before it's back to Mercy being seen in every game in OWL.

Junkrat and his Mine-

I do agree that Junkrat's Concussion Mine needed to be nerfed. The problem is, the "nerf" they did on the 30th (read: Change that scratched surface and didn't solve the root problem) didn't solve the issue: double mine combo.

Why they haven't nerfed the damage from 110 to 90 or even 80 is beyond me.