Let's Fix Everything (Overwrite)

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
Wow. Just, wow.

It's amazing to have someone who cares this much for the game and puts so much thought and effort into making it more enjoyable for everyone. Hopefully the devs read through this very carefully, because this is one of the most well-written, informed and put together threads I've read in a long while. (Around general balance, that is.)

Keep it up, Titanium. Let's hope you stick around, we need more users like you.
02/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by oceanman
Wow. Just, wow.

It's amazing to have someone who cares this much for the game and puts so much thought and effort into making it more enjoyable for everyone. Hopefully the devs read through this very carefully, because this is one of the most well-written, informed and put together threads I've read in a long while. (Around general balance, that is.)

Keep it up, Titanium. Let's hope you stick around, we need more users like you.
Been here since December of 2016. I plan to stick around for 2 and a half more years at the very least.
His lowered consistency with the mine just ENCOURAGES double mining.
02/13/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Bloodbath
02/13/2018 02:11 PMPosted by ZodiHD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KfZxIK8Nc&t=28s

This needs to be in part 16, it also disconnects when tracer blinks after a hook landed, an genji deflect, zarya bubble, ETC.

I actually had a hook disconnect on me recently when an Orisa activated fortify after I had already hooked them. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug or not.

Its a delay bug, I've been ranting for months but gotten no-where, it happens with zarya bubble, deflect, blink etc.
02/14/2018 05:27 PMPosted by ZodiHD
02/13/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Bloodbath
I actually had a hook disconnect on me recently when an Orisa activated fortify after I had already hooked them. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug or not.

Its a delay bug, I've been ranting for months but gotten no-where, it happens with zarya bubble, deflect, blink etc.

Is it reproducible?
02/11/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Fragehardt
RIP, I think you should have waited until the new forums launched to post this, as it will be more-or-less lost when it switches over.

Still though, awesome post, and it obviously took no small amount of effort to do this. The community appreciates you.

Edit: I especially like the Reinhardt balance part and your points are similar to those I have made in the past. I very much like build 2 and think that is the necessary course of action for his issues (along with bug fixes, obviously), and it is what I have been suggesting for quite a while. It also would not break him as his playstyle would remain exactly the same. Build 3 is interesting too :)

^ THIS! you must ABSOLUTELY make a back up copy immediately. We dont want too lose this thread! ITS SO GOOD! :|
mostly commenting to bump and keep this on the forums mind, but also to say that a whole bunch of these (looking at sym, mercy, reaper and JUNKRAT especially) are perfectly valid solutions which for some reason have not yet and probably never will be implemented. (that reason is likely stubbornness on the devs parts)

Great post OP, even tho it took almost 2 hours to read
This looks great. I like that you suggested ideas for Mercy that don't involve a revert. They're so rare to come by and are almost always drowned out by people who want one. The idea for Valkyrie as an ability wouldn't work. Currently, rez and angelic descent share the same button because you can hold the jump button and look around. It works now because rez only activates when next to a teammate's soul, which fall to the ground where AD isn't used. The "best" solutions would just force current Mercy players to literally relearn the basics and create a huge skill gap between her and the rest of the heroes.
02/14/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Crusher55
Currently, rez and angelic descent share the same button

i'm confused, is this a console thing? or do people have rez bound to space, or am i wrong in that angelic descent is just holding jump in order to float?
02/14/2018 05:12 PMPosted by BoopBot
His lowered consistency with the mine just ENCOURAGES double mining.
Well...

You're not wrong. Actually, let me rephrase that...

You are 100% correct.
02/14/2018 09:06 PMPosted by NotABoy
02/14/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Crusher55
Currently, rez and angelic descent share the same button

i'm confused, is this a console thing? or do people have rez bound to space, or am i wrong in that angelic descent is just holding jump in order to float?
It's a console thing. If I remember correctly from talking to other console users, AD is bound to two separate keys. One of those keys is also bound to jump, the other is bound to Resurrect.

I'm not sure why simply rebinding keys doesn't work, though. Why not have AD and jump bound to the same key while rez is bound to the other?
02/15/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Titanium
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's a console thing. If I remember correctly from talking to other console users, AD is bound to two separate keys. One of those keys is also bound to jump, the other is bound to Resurrect.

I'm not sure why simply rebinding keys doesn't work, though. Why not have AD and jump bound to the same key while rez is bound to the other?
It makes the already large skill gap between her and every other hero even larger than it already is.
...It's a console thing. If I remember correctly from talking to other console users, AD is bound to two separate keys. One of those keys is also bound to jump, the other is bound to Resurrect.

It makes the already large skill gap between her and every other hero even larger than it already is.
How so?
I wanna make a joke and just say overwrite but This is really well done and I'm impressed.
02/15/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Liltecshdw
I wanna make a joke and just say overwrite but This is really well done and I'm impressed.
Now I'm actually considering adding that to the title...
<span class="truncated">...</span>It makes the already large skill gap between her and every other hero even larger than it already is.
How so?
Because it would mean the basic controls are different, not just abilities, positioning, etc.
02/15/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Crusher55
...How so?
Because it would mean the basic controls are different, not just abilities, positioning, etc.
I don't see how changing the controls makes Mercy easier/harder to play though. When Mercy 2.x came out, I put Resurrect an CTRL and crouch on E. It took a little getting used to, but it didn't make Mercy any easier/harder...
Bringing this back to the front page.
...Because it would mean the basic controls are different, not just abilities, positioning, etc.
I don't see how changing the controls makes Mercy easier/harder to play though. When Mercy 2.x came out, I put Resurrect an CTRL and crouch on E. It took a little getting used to, but it didn't make Mercy any easier/harder...
It would make the skill gap larger by giving her a different skill set requirement. Imagine your a new player. Your looking for a healer to play. You look at the five of them and pick the one named Mercy, but then discover she has different controls than all of the other heroes. You try to change it to be like the rest of the roster but you can't. Would you try her or would you switch to someone else? It's also not a good design choice to make a single character have different default controls from all of the other characters.