Let us trade skins

General Discussion
I think we should be able to trade skins with our friends. I have a friend who's a Genji main, and I don't play Genji at all, but I have a Genji skin that he wants. So I think we should be able to trade skins, right? I get that it would completely ruin loot boxes, but say that you have an event skin that your friend didn't get that they really want. You could trade the skin so that they wouldn't have to wait an entire year for a chance to get that skin again.

Cm'on, Blizzard. Let us trade skins. Plenty of other games lets you do this.

Edit: I think another thing that could work is maybe a random trade thing. You could put up a skin, and then it could randomly trade for another skin that another person put up. That way you wouldn't be getting a legendary 100% of the time.
02/11/2018 11:41 AMPosted by kiayin
I get that it would completely ruin loot boxes

You just answered why this isn't ever going to happen. I personally don't want this. Screws up the idea of RNG and the skins no longer feel special.

Plenty of other games lets you do this.

OW isn't plenty of other games.
02/11/2018 11:43 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
I get that it would completely ruin loot boxes

You just answered why this isn't ever going to happen. I personally don't want this. Screws up the idea of RNG and the skins no longer feel special.

Plenty of other games lets you do this.

OW isn't plenty of other games.

I don't feel like spending money on lootboxes for a chance at getting a skin I want when I could just trade it with someone who already has it.
02/11/2018 11:58 AMPosted by kiayin
I don't feel like spending money on lootboxes for a chance at getting a skin I want when I could just trade it with someone who already has it.

So don't? No one is forcing you to buy loot boxes. It's called grinding. There are people that have everything just from playing the game and haven't dropped a penny. You save up your currency and during events you can get the skins you want via that way.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. DO NOT use that as a lame excuse. Work for your skins like everyone else has and stop looking for an easy way out.
02/11/2018 12:03 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
02/11/2018 11:58 AMPosted by kiayin

So don't? No one is forcing you to buy loot boxes. It's called grinding. There are people that have everything just from playing the game and haven't dropped a penny. You save up your currency and during events you can get the skins you want via that way.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. DO NOT use that as a lame excuse. Work for your skins like everyone else has and stop looking for an easy way out.

Some people have lives and don't have time to grind for lootboxes during events.
02/11/2018 12:04 PMPosted by kiayin

Some people have lives and don't have time to grind for lootboxes during events.

Simply put, tough. Theyre a reward of playtime (and rng), Blizzard want people to play their game...
02/11/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Mango

Simply put, tough. Theyre a reward of playtime (and rng), Blizzard want people to play their game...

I would rather have a guarantee to get a skin rather than a low chance. Yes, there are credits, but the chances of getting credits in boxes and the price of the skins make you have an even lower chance. I'm just saying, trading skins would be a 100% chance of getting the skin you want

well I have a life and I still have plenty of time to get an arcade box and a level every day, which is usually enough to get me what I want.

Personally I think trading would screw up a system that's perfectly fine. If we could trade, then it would make sense if we could receive items more than once, instead of receiving duplicate currency. I, for one, like getting dupe currency.
I believe Blizzard will allow trading, If you've looked at TF2 you'll see why. People won't just trade unfairly, the community will dub a value for every trade, It'll create a digital economy and make Blizzard even more money. All Overwatch needs now is hats and we'll have a real money maker.
02/11/2018 12:12 PMPosted by kiayin

I would rather have a guarantee to get a skin rather than a low chance. Yes, there are credits, but the chances of getting credits in boxes and the price of the skins make you have an even lower chance. I'm just saying, trading skins would be a 100% chance of getting the skin you want
Once you play for a while longer, you start getting credits A LOT more.
02/11/2018 12:14 PMPosted by ShadowLord64

Once you play for a while longer, you start getting credits A LOT more.

As I said in a previous post, some people don't have time to play the game all the time.
02/11/2018 12:17 PMPosted by kiayin
02/11/2018 12:14 PMPosted by ShadowLord64
...Once you play for a while longer, you start getting credits A LOT more.

As I said in a previous post, some people don't have time to play the game all the time.
wow I never knew 3 hours a day was all the time there was /s

Soo, you just want the legendaries handed to you?
02/11/2018 12:19 PMPosted by LifeOnMars

No, because in order for you to get that skin, someone else would already need to have it. Say that you have a skin for a character you never play but your friend does. They have a skin for a character you play that you want. The answer? Just trade the skins. Maybe make the trade cost some credits or something depending on the rarity of the skins. I wouldn't have a problem with the skins if they weren't so overpriced.

And that's Blizzard's fault how?

I get it. We all have more pressing matters. Work, school, kids, whatever the time denotes. And those things are more important then a video game. I don't invest tons of time on it. I maybe play for an hour a day. I've been playing since beta and there are plenty of people that have played just as long that are gold portrait now. I'm barely on my way to get a silver portrait.

You can either buy the boxes or grind when you can. Everyone else has done it this way. That would just be a huge slap in the face to anyone that has had to put effort into getting those skins that you're just wanted handed to you.
02/11/2018 12:23 PMPosted by kiayin

No, because in order for you to get that skin, someone else would already need to have it. Say that you have a skin for a character you never play but your friend does. They have a skin for a character you play that you want. The answer? Just trade the skins. Maybe make the trade cost some credits or something depending on the rarity of the skins. I wouldn't have a problem with the skins if they weren't so overpriced.

You're not supposed to get all of the legendaries, they're supposed to be an earned thing. I wouldn't mind a trade system but you and others have already said why it's a bad idea. And all your reasons are "because *I* can't get them".
Casuals like you are why destiny 2 is ruined. You just want everything handed to you with minimal effort
Also I'd like to point out I don't think this would go the way you think. Given that most people could justify buy skins for currency, no one is gonna go for less than a one for one trade.

Meaning for every legendary you want you have to give them a legendary you already have, since no one will want to trade, say, a legendary for a few epics or rares. Not to mention most people are greedy and probably wouldn't accept less than a 2 for 1 trade, meaning two of your legendaries for one of yours, and it could be incalculably worse for event skins.

TL;DR: people are greedy so any legendary trade would be more trouble than it's worth.
02/11/2018 12:23 PMPosted by kiayin

...The skins aren't overpriced, you're just not willing to work for them.
I just wish we could either sell skins we don't want for duplicate price or something..