Let us trade skins

General Discussion
02/11/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Clonedpickle
I just wish we could either sell skins we don't want for duplicate price or something..

I actually like that idea. I think it would work pretty well, too.
Won't work.

People would be selling skins for real money in a heartbeat if they could be bartered like this.

It'd be a total mess.
02/11/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Swift
Won't work.

People would be selling skins for real money in a heartbeat if they could be bartered like this.

It'd be a total mess.

I honestly did not think about that. That's a good point.
"Trade me X skin or I'm throwing this ranked game."

Edit: I think another thing that could work is maybe a random trade thing. You could put up a skin, and then it could randomly trade for another skin that another person put up. That way you wouldn't be getting a legendary 100% of the time.

I didn't think it possible, but this is an even worse idea. The whole point of your post is that you don't have time to try and chance down all the legendaries. Now you're introducing RNG to trading. Why would I ever trade anything but a blue skin in there isn't a 100% chance I will get something?

02/11/2018 12:23 PMPosted by kiayin
No, because in order for you to get that skin, someone else would already need to have it. Say that you have a skin for a character you never play but your friend does. They have a skin for a character you play that you want. The answer? Just trade the skins. Maybe make the trade cost some credits or something depending on the rarity of the skins. I wouldn't have a problem with the skins if they weren't so overpriced.

And suppose the person isn't my friend? Suppose the person is some random I've never met and he wants my skin. How do I stop them harassing me?
Also: charging credits for trades is also a bad idea. What's the point? If the credit amount you have to pay is small, then it makes no difference. If it's a large amount, why not just buy the skin?
02/11/2018 01:05 PMPosted by kiayin
02/11/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Swift
Won't work.

It'd be a total mess.

I honestly did not think about that. That's a good point.
Not to mention, it would increase cheating. At the moment, since we can't trade skins, they're realistically worthless. However, if we could trade them, which would lead to selling them for real money, some people would cheat to win more games, so they could get that extra win xp, leveling up faster and getting skins faster.