STATISTICS DO NOT LIE. YOUR CHARACTER IS OP.

General Discussion
Stop defending them to the horizon.
lol k
The Troll thread got boring I see
Blizz, please remove all heroes from overwatch.
Statistically all but one of my favourite heroes are "niche", so yes, I am going to defend the one I have left that is probably a little OP.
You mean Moira? No she is not OP and you can't say it just because she has a high pickrate.
Same for Dva.
Gawd dayum! Caps! Must be important!
Something else became the meta in light of a new patch? Immediately OP! (Sarcasm please don't down vote me to hell ;-;)
02/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Otterchin
Statistically all but one of my favourite heroes are "niche", so yes, I am going to defend the one I have left that is probably a little OP.

Hands off my baby D.VA!

As someone who also plays a lot of Junk and Hanzo I can say D.VA isn't OP really and you people just need to learn how to play burst damage character effectively.
https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenClumsyFennelBCWarrior
blizzard, please buff literally all characters except for moira
02/05/2018 10:45 AMPosted by NullNeska
XQC is not a reliable source, he is an ape who screams on Twitch.
02/05/2018 10:52 AMPosted by CAGUM
What he says is absolutely the truth though. Statistics are only used to fuel narratives. doesn't matter which ape is saying it.
Yeah, Symmetra is definitely OP with her 60% winrate, statistics don't lie, she has the highest winrate and needs a nerf.

/s
02/05/2018 10:52 AMPosted by CAGUM

You have tumb down from me.
For comparing apes to XQC ;)

Edited
Do not be cruel to animals, they do not deserve that
02/05/2018 11:10 AMPosted by eskaN
Yeah, Symmetra is definitely OP with her 60% winrate, statistics don't lie, she has the highest winrate and needs a nerf.

/s

Statistics don't lie if you know how to interpret it

But you don't seem to know how
02/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Cavalcade11

Yeah. Make it a MOBA
k
02/05/2018 11:32 AMPosted by gpu
02/05/2018 11:10 AMPosted by eskaN

/s

Statistics don't lie if you know how to interpret it

But you don't seem to know how

It seems you don't know what a joke is.

That said..

OWL Pickrates, what maps are played? Is X hero not played because they are genuinely bad, or because only 1 or 2 of the maps, or even 0, are actually good maps for that hero? Is Y hero picked a lot compared to Z hero because of lack of alternatives? (aka difference in amount of DPS and amount of Tanks or Supports for example)

Then you have actual ingame stats..

Elims and Damage, how much is shield damage? How much damage is done to heroes per elim on average? How much is just trash damage?

Winrate, are people switching off that hero more when in a non favourable situation, like with Sym and Torb? Yes? Higher winrate usually.

Are people using that hero to throw? Yes? Lower winrate. No? Higher winrate. Example, compare amount of games thrown as Soldier for example, to the amount of games thrown as Hanzo or Widow.

Non OWL pickrate, especially lower ranks, is the hero fun? Yes? Higher pickrate. Is the hero easier to pick up than alternatives? Yes? Again higher pickrate.

Example is Tracer, one of the strongest heroes in the game, but doesn't have a huge amount of impact in lower ranks and has a bad winrate there and relatively low pickrate as she is a lot harder to pick up than alternatives.

You genuinely can't go off of certain stats because of factors like that.

Hell, you can't really go off of any stat.

Accuracy? How much of that is padded on tanks, by how much is it lowered when trying to hit Genji or Tracer? Especially important on heroes like D.Va, Reaper, Bastion or Roadhog.

Damage blocked? Did they have a spam heavy comp that does a ton of barrier damage? Example, in Season 4, I outblocked an Orisa as D.Va, in a game where I had 41,650 damage blocked, because they had so much shield damage and their Pharah got about 9 ults that game.

Objective time too, how much is gained from the enemy trickling in during overtime? I've had overtimes that gave me as much as 3 minutes objective time because of this.

Objective kills, again, how much is trickling? How much damage are you actually doing to people on the objective?

Ult kills, how many are you actually using on average? Are you getting 3 kills with 2 ults on average, or 5 ults?

And so on and so forth. There's too many statistics missing to really be able to use them for anything.
02/05/2018 11:37 AMPosted by TriVenom
02/05/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Cavalcade11

Yeah. Make it a MOBA

YEAH! And we can call it Over of the Storm, or League of Watch!

Edit: Do I really need to say "/s"....?