Rebuying raises SR

Competitive Discussion
it always evens out in the end. if you play enough of the exact same thing the exact same way you will end up in the same sr on any account you touch.
02/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by tawT
02/07/2018 11:28 AMPosted by tnucreggin
That's like saying after flipping 3 heads and 7 tails, flipping another 10 times and flipping 7 heads and 3 tails raises the chances of flipping heads vs tails, when in reality if you flipped it 100 times, you'd get a 50% chance of flipping heads/tails, hence why after 100 games on your new account, you'd be back in exactly the low elo you were before.

Your logic doesn't take increasing skill into account.

Because players like you who are stuck in "elo hell" are not increasing skill at all, only their ignorance and paranoia.
I did the same experiment OP. Did my best in QP and everything. Got ranked like 100 SR higher than my main.

Just because it happens to you doesnt mean it happens to everyone. I even made a 3rd account just for giggles. Placed right around the same again.

It's where I'm at but I strive to get better. Finally hit 2600 on my other account but it's still right around my range. Hope to be diamond by end of season 9 with hard work.
Yes let’s pretend I’m ignorant of “statistics”.

Simple concept. I sit down and want a fair shot at winning or losing with a round of 20 minutes of this objective based team game.

Sometimes a griefer/thrower/leaver deprives me not only of the fair shot I wanted at a win or loss, but they also set me back further than whrn I met them. If I was at square 0 for that nights session, I am now at square -1.

So after that 20 minutes of pure trash, it’s at least another 20 minutes to where I was before I met the moron. Square 0.

Now if I am willing to spend another 20 minutes on a game without a leaver, I will get my due win or loss as decided by a fair game. Could be square 1 or -1 but at least I landed there because of the game not a troll.
02/07/2018 12:44 PMPosted by tnucreggin
02/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by tawT

Your logic doesn't take increasing skill into account.

Because players like you who are stuck in "elo hell" are not increasing skill at all, only their ignorance and paranoia.

I dont think thats possible, I have better stats than the last season and im around a 500 SR down, mostly because of terrible players and server errors that cost me a lot of SR

I dont think thats possible, I have better stats than the last season because Ive played a lot hence improved my gameplay and im around a 500 SR down, mostly because of terrible players and server errors that cost me a lot of SR
02/07/2018 11:46 AMPosted by KEYENNAH
Does 600 SR difference really matter that much? I thought about trying a second account to see where I’d place now if I did it from scratch, but I’m not sure a 600 SR difference would be big enough for me to bother. I can gain or lose that much in a few weeks as it is.

I have been swinging like a hoe between 2.1k and 2.2k for about 100 games and i can definately feel the difference in game play. So 600 is actually massive in my book.
If you perform better than previously, you rise. If not, you fall.
02/07/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Miau

I dont think thats possible, I have better stats than the last season and im around a 500 SR down, mostly because of terrible players and server errors that cost me a lot of SR

Lmao really? Let's look at your general stats for example.

For reference, we'll use gold medals, and use it to describe how well you did in proportion to your team.

You played 178 games and have 156 gold medals. That means there are multiple games in which you didn't accrue a single one, meaning that you were the lesser performing player on your role.

You also have 21 elims per game, which is proportionate to your rank. Dvas in plat would have around 23 and diamond would be around 25, masters 27, and gm+ 30ish.

You also do less than 10k damage PER GAME, meaning that you're basically just peppering people from long range with Dva, which is what most Dva's at your elo do.

Next time you say "I've improved but lost SR", why don't you look at your own stats empirically instead lying about how you've improved? Claiming that you've improved against all evidence is like someone complaining about getting a 40% on a test because "they think they studied well".
the only reason I'd buy the game again is to play flick dependent heroes. I really want to try widow but not in quplay. I totally wouldn't mind an account in bronze where I could try dem sweet headshots :D
02/07/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Twizznaldo
Yes let’s pretend I’m ignorant of “statistics”.

Simple concept. I sit down and want a fair shot at winning or losing with a round of 20 minutes of this objective based team game.

Sometimes a griefer/thrower/leaver deprives me not only of the fair shot I wanted at a win or loss, but they also set me back further than whrn I met them. If I was at square 0 for that nights session, I am now at square -1.

So after that 20 minutes of pure trash, it’s at least another 20 minutes to where I was before I met the moron. Square 0.

Now if I am willing to spend another 20 minutes on a game without a leaver, I will get my due win or loss as decided by a fair game. Could be square 1 or -1 but at least I landed there because of the game not a troll.

Assuming you don't throw, the enemy team has a higher chance of getting a troll/leaver/etc, overall.

Why? You're 1/6 of your team. They're 6/6. So, 5/12 for your side, 6/12 for theirs.

Honestly.

Here's a real thread on it:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305

Enjoy.
I have 5 Accounts, 3 of them i play serious (more or less) on those i got placed and still play on ~2860 - 3722. (Main Peak 3886)
The SR calculation of this game is HORRIBLE.
Thats the reason why there are so many Skillgaps in every ELO.
There are so many GOOD ppl Playing in Gold.
There are so many BAD people playing in Dia its insane.
And i dont talk about Leavers / Trolls etc. just about the Skill of the people.
Competitive, Overwatch is completly un-/miscalculated.
If you play long time in around +-300 points its over for you, Kinda impossible to get out of there.
I appreciate the statistics points, I get it. I was never disputing those.

You aren’t getting my point.

The point was that you have to spend time, unnecessary wasted time, to add valid games to your sample to help reduce the effect of the trolls. My complaint was not that trolls make it impossible to climb. My complaint is that regarding your SR statistic, each troll cumulatively adds at least 40 minutes to what you need to play IN THE LONG RUN to get back to the point you would’ve been at never having met them.

I was saying I noticed that coming into my first placement rounds there was no such time debt accrued yet because it spit me out of placements based on what it thought my MMR was. And that was more enjoyable at least in terms of no one wasting my time by trolling, and putting me in their debt of time to get SR back, because I’m my alt on those 25 levels of quickplay I was never shackled to the trolls for 20 mins at a time. If I encountered one I quit and rolled a new game.

To sum up: Duh, we all even out in the looong run as having just a fair shake as anyone else’. Apples to apples. In the short run with finite precious little gaming time available to me, it drives me crazy and ruins the experience how often I encounter trolls who some days make up more of the games I join than not.

Regarding the I have a better chance of not getting a troll because I’m one of the 6 members of my party. That’s equally true for everyone of us who isn’t throwing. That doesn’t make it any less of an epidemic of time wasting trolls that cause a new flaming post about blizzard not dealing with them or their effect on SR correctly every 5 minutes on this forum. There are solutions to prevent these 20 minute sessions of hell that often start in the character select screen with someone saying “just so you all know I am throwing”.
I placed 1300 sr higher with alt account.

Definitely worth the $20 (half price sale).