did d.va's missiles make her stronger?

General Discussion
They do, I don't think the defense matrix changes really hurt her overall you can still mostly use it the same just can't block everything it promotes better play by not wasting it. The missiles themselves aren't overly powerful considering there wasn't an e ability to begin with its obviously a buff and it's a lot of a added damage. The biggest thing to me is being able to shoot and boost at the same time, it simply makes it difficult for supports to stay alive and low health heroes are easy picks. Adding missiles boost and shoot together is definitely strong but also worth noting the mech is a lot more fragile now with the new dm so if you get greedy you can lose mech pretty quickly so it's mostly balanced I would say.
i agree that it makes using her DM much more skill based and fun tbh
It's pretty annoying that they are called micro missiles when, in fact, they are rockets
As a Symmetra main yes they did. Symmetra was a counter to Dva but the missiles indirectly nerf Sym more. Sure you can use the barrier but you only have 1 and it a 10 second cooldown. Plus Dva usually charges at you going through it.
02/07/2018 07:22 PMPosted by athena
It's pretty annoying that they are called micro missiles when, in fact, they are rockets

they did famously change take out to take away so you never know they could change that too
02/07/2018 02:29 PMPosted by lemonworld
imo she was stronger with her old DM.

with her missle she is a lot harder to play, they increased the skill you need to have to play dva efficient.

she cant eat whole dps ults anymore. so i dont know why ppl suddenly started to complain about her.

Her pick rate and win rate are right next to mercy.
Not really, I think 4 seconds of DM was stronger. Eating gravs/tracer bombs was way easier and eating full duration soldier ults/most of hog's ults was way more game changing than the missiles.

One of the reasons junkrat became so strong is because 4 second DM was huge damage mitigation against spam comps.
02/07/2018 07:26 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
02/07/2018 07:22 PMPosted by athena

they did famously change take out to take away so you never know they could change that too

Missiles need a guidance system to be classified as a missile, be it GPS, heat seeking, infrared, or remotely controlled, etc. Rockets are classified as rockets because after they are launched, the only thing that controls them is gravity and air resistance etc they go where they go. It only irks me because I am an airforce veteran and my job was loading and maintaining missiles/rockets/bombs on jets
02/07/2018 08:09 PMPosted by athena
02/07/2018 07:26 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat

Missiles need a guidance system to be classified as a missile, be it GPS, heat seeking, infrared, or remotely controlled, etc. Rockets are classified as rockets because after they are launched, the only thing that controls them is gravity and air resistance etc they go where they go. It only irks me because I am an airforce veteran and my job was loading and maintaining missiles/rockets/bombs on jets

i didnt actually know that tbh, imagine if they were really missiles and locked on, that would be OP as hell
02/07/2018 08:09 PMPosted by athena
Missiles need a guidance system to be classified as a missile

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is, whichever is greater, it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was, is now the position that it isn't.
In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation, the variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was.

The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows. Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa, and by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error.
02/07/2018 02:29 PMPosted by lemonworld
she cant eat whole dps ults anymore. so i dont know why ppl suddenly started to complain about her

She changed her diet from eating DPS ults to eating the DPS themselves.
Yes.
02/07/2018 02:26 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
this is not a nerf d.va topic at all, i use plenty of d.va and think she is in a pretty good place right now but i am curious if people think her missiles made her stronger or weaker? or was she stronger with much more DM?

I think it gave her a new play style. She's now a glass cannon like tracer and a good burst damage dealer again like a tracer.

I like to call her a fat tracer. She's now a assassin who stays back a bit use map design and jump on out of place people.
02/07/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Archon
02/07/2018 02:26 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
this is not a nerf d.va topic at all, i use plenty of d.va and think she is in a pretty good place right now but i am curious if people think her missiles made her stronger or weaker? or was she stronger with much more DM?

I think it gave her a new play style. She's now a glass cannon like tracer and a good burst damage dealer again like a tracer.

I like to call her a fat tracer. She's now a assassin who stays back a bit use map design and jump on out of place people.

fat tracer is a good description, honestly i didnt enjoy using her before she got her missiles
They did not.

Shooting while flying did.

But no one will admit that.
D.va is close to being in a perfect spot actually, a nerf to her mobility and she's perfect.
i would say she is extremely well balanced imo, maybe a minor nerf but nothing big
Yes. Like she could disable people forever so that her team mates can kill the target. Now she can just do it on her own.
Also she has a lot more ult.
no
they did not make her that much stronger and the only people complaining are DPS mains who don't know how to adapt.

she is harder to deal with but idk, she's definitely manageable. no reason anyone needs to raise their pitchforks at her just yet.

the end