How it feels to play Roadhog nowadays

General Discussion
https://youtu.be/ILE7vL5ZcFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79SZgzyLH8

https://youtu.be/Lm7jznRPiYs

(sorry for the quality of vidoes :P)
Pretty much :p

But they won't address his inconsistencies for a while, not with other characters in much worse positions.

I dream of a consistent spread without rng and hook that doesn't break on the air :(.
I was expecting a video of someone flipping a coin, but this works too
To be fair, now that OWL is up and going they seem to be addressing characters now really fast. Look how many tweaks they're trying and how much info they are putting out on what they're looking at.

I just wish we could have some clarification as to if they are aware of hog's inconsistencies and how bad it feels to play when they happen. That way we'd know if it is on their list of things, even if it's months from now. Just knowing they will get to it would be enough for me at least.
Looks fine to me. I mean I had to slow the video down to .25 and watch it like 10 times, but it really looks likes the hook hit the same spot it was thrown to and not to mention it was aimed at the feet anyway.
02/13/2018 02:35 PMPosted by ButterFarts
Looks fine to me. I mean I had to slow the video down to .25 and watch it like 10 times, but it really looks likes the hook hit the same spot it was thrown to and not to mention it was aimed at the feet anyway.

The issue is he connected the hook, you hear the sound, but it broke when junkrat was in the open. Doesn't matter if it's the feet or wrists, if it connects it should bring him to you. Especially in the open.

What about the Hanzo? He was already low hp, hog scored the headshot dmg, again heard in the clip, he didn't die. It's either inconsistent spread or hit registration issues with his pellets.
02/13/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Sushi626

The issue is he connected the hook, you hear the sound, but it broke when junkrat was in the open. Doesn't matter if it's the feet or wrists, if it connects it should bring him to you. Especially in the open.

didnt it hit the steel trap instead of junk?
It looks like his hook grabbed the trap in the second video instead of going for Junkrat which I don't even begin to understand. :thonk:
the hook hooked that trap instead of junkrat, and the other clip i hooked a hanzo with a least 50% hp left, headshot him, and still survived with 25% remaining

not to mention the hook inconsistencies when hooking a moving target like genji or tracer
I just wish it was consistent and I didn't feel like I had to fight my own hook sometimes. If Roadhog hooks you, you should be dead.
02/13/2018 03:55 PMPosted by torkahn808
I just wish it was consistent and I didn't feel like I had to fight my own hook sometimes. If Roadhog hooks you, you should be dead.

I mean, i like the new roadhog, especially his walk n heal, but with the amount of inconsistencies with his hook, it makes me not want to play him.
I wish they would fix his hook but even if they didn't i could live with it if they looked into his hit registration. If i do land my hook and it does bring them in to me I just want to do the damage I expect. Not 80% hp one time then tickle them the next.
Nothing compared to the good ol' point blank headshot only Whole Hog on a fortified Orisa only to get out healed by a Mercy. Love Whole Hogging an Orisa for less than 60dps.