Personal improvement = Loss streaks?

Competitive Discussion
Like, honestly... This couldn't seem to get even more forced.

I've been working twice a week with a coach for a month now, we've been working small details and practicing stuff on a daily basis. My mechanical skills have only been improving in time and so is my game sense. It's been reflected on my personal scores in-game.

Now, just when I was about to climb to plat... SURPRISE!! A falldown of almost 400 SR. Almost instantly, over a few days. Even taking breaks after every couple of consecutive defeats and warming up before taking things back.
I'm getting players that should be stuck in bronze by my side.. The worse game sense of the planet, poor hero choices that they don't really know how to use, terrible mechanical skills... You name it!
Not to mention the usual "won't join voice comms and play like a team" or the trolls/throwers here and there... I used to feel able to control those, but now things seem to be more chaotic than ever before.

This is probably getting me beyond the limits of frustration. What the actual [Edited by Blizzard] is the point of that MMR based handicap the game has?

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
I'd say I can relate, but I can't. I've yet to win a game and I've yet to get over 200 SR on my own power. You sound like one of the players I get queued vs. all the time. Shouldn't according to the stated rules, but I see it all the time.
02/08/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Deadwing

I've been working twice a week with a coach for a month now, we've been working small details and practicing stuff on a daily basis. My mechanical skills have only been improving in time and so is my game sense. It's been reflected on my personal scores in-game.

Now, just when I was about to climb to plat... SURPRISE!! A falldown of almost 400 SR. Almost instantly, over a few days. Even taking breaks after every couple of consecutive defeats and warming up before taking things back.
I'm getting players that should be stuck in bronze by my side.. The worse game sense of the planet, poor hero choices that they don't really know how to use, terrible mechanical skills... You name it!
Not to mention the usual "won't join voice comms and play like a team" or the trolls/throwers here and there... I used to feel able to control those, but now things seem to be more chaotic than ever before.

This is probably getting me beyond the limits of frustration. What the actual !@#$ is the point of that MMR based handicap the game has?

Keep playing, I nearly got back in plat this season. needed like two wins. It is possible you just have to grind. I think I found the right profile and I checked it . If you want my honest opinion most of us are for gold and plat. the simple pattern I found is that our E-D ratio is generally bad. 2.36 with genji is not good enough....keeping yourself alive is the most important thing.
02/09/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Makankosappo

This is probably getting me beyond the limits of frustration. What the actual !@#$ is the point of that MMR based handicap the game has?

Keep playing, I nearly got back in plat this season. needed like two wins. It is possible you just have to grind. I think I found the right profile and I checked it . If you want my honest opinion most of us are for gold and plat. the simple pattern I found is that our E-D ratio is generally bad. 2.36 with genji is not good enough....keeping yourself alive is the most important thing.

Grinding is not as possible to me. I don't have that much time to spend inside overwatch.
Seriously thinking there might be other games out there that are better worth the time.
I think the most important thing in my limited exp with OW is that a positive attitude helps.

I cant tell you how often the people that we lose with all are crying about comps / picks/ others performance right out the gates.

Also something people forget is you cant win every game. Someones going to lose. Sometimes the teams playing better than you. Sometimes their communications better. Sometimes they don't have a player berating another person on the team for going Hanzo ^_-

Blaming teammates for losses or harassing people for their picks isnt going to get them to perform better either.

I understand the frustrations of wanting a specific comp or when you have people not being useful or one trick players get under your skin.

The teams that just lock in play and do their best seem to get the best results in my limited exp.
02/09/2018 01:00 PMPosted by VenomsEgo
I think the most important thing in my limited exp with OW is that a positive attitude helps.

I cant tell you how often the people that we lose with all are crying about comps / picks/ others performance right out the gates.

Also something people forget is you cant win every game. Someones going to lose. Sometimes the teams playing better than you. Sometimes their communications better. Sometimes they don't have a player berating another person on the team for going Hanzo ^_-

Blaming teammates for losses or harassing people for their picks isnt going to get them to perform better either.

I understand the frustrations of wanting a specific comp or when you have people not being useful or one trick players get under your skin.

The teams that just lock in play and do their best seem to get the best results in my limited exp.

Yeah, I perfectly agree with every word of that. I don't really ask for switches unless it's more than clear that hero's just an ult battery with nothing to add to our teamwork. And that's what those players should also recognize by themselves instead of getting arrogant and think they're the next Wraxu or the next Kephrii and they're failing miserably because the team's not cutting it.

I ALWAYS keep it positive and try to sympathize with my team mates before the match begins.. I'm a pretty friendly guy once you get to know me. Loses are part of the whole thing... But from there to lose 400 SR in 3 days is kind of radical..
Like I said, every time I lost 2-3 matches in a row I took a break and came back to it with a clear mind... Same outcome, over and over and over... 3-4 gold medals in every single game. Even with those gold medals I was always mindful of putting a counter to whoever seemed to be the best player on the other team and so on.

It's fcking surreal, man. I tell ya.

This is probably getting me beyond the limits of frustration. What the actual [Edited by Blizzard] is the point of that MMR based handicap the game has?
I feel sorry for you but the best advice i can give is to group up with other people you trust

You should spend that money investing in a statistics/probability tutor instead. Then u would know de wae
If you dont have much time to play it probably doesnt pay to play the most technically challenging hero (genji)

I don't play much but ranked up to masters based largely on gamesense / decision making on tank / support.

Though if I went DPS i would probably end playing only soldier / JR / reaper and expect I would be low diamond.
Until the lessons you have learned become second nature you are going to suffer losses in your progress. I fell to nearly bronze in the same learning mode and as a support I can relate to felling like the game felt against me. However, once the things I had learned clicked, it was obvious and here I sit in Plat and now learning what I will need to reach Diamond, if that means I drop again so be it.
02/09/2018 08:50 PMPosted by OnlyDPS

I feel sorry for you but the best advice i can give is to group up with other people you trust

I do, my dude. I usually come up with duo or triple stack whenever I have good players online on my friends list... It's still complicated.
Stacking usually brings another stack to the enemy team that could be (as a 3 member team) better than yours when it comes ot synergy, combined tactics and communication.
My alt went on a 17 games win streak, every single one them were career high.
And then, the forced loss streak : 1 loss.
Followed by a 7 games win streak, all career highs.
And then, the forced loss streak : 1 loss.
Followed by a 9 games win streak, all career highs.
And then, the forced loss streak : 2 losses.

At that point I'm very suspiscious there is something fishy going on, but I keep going.

Next thing you know, I get to Masters with a 69% overall win rate.

So I sent a ticket to Blizzard because they clearly stole the remaining 31% with these forced losses just because I was at my career high. Still waiting for a response, they obviously don't want to let the truth out.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
It's drawing straws for decent teammates that are on the same wavelength.
It's a natural thing when you're in the process of learning new things. When the brain is stressed it will revert back to old habits and you'll forget, or mix up, the new stuff you're learning.
Just stick with it. Or play qp for some time (while still keeping your 'new' mindset of course).
02/10/2018 01:56 PMPosted by JesQ
It's a natural thing when you're in the process of learning new things. When the brain is stressed it will revert back to old habits and you'll forget, or mix up, the new stuff you're learning.
Just stick with it. Or play qp for some time (while still keeping your 'new' mindset of course).

Thanks for those words, buddy.

I just wish it didn't feel like the game was thrown away by some potato team mate/s.
Today I got 3 games in a row with duo stacks that expected the team to play around whatever nonsense they were trying to get done when they were not even on comms. Costed me 3 matches, and I called it a night... Another loss and I'll be under 2000.

Feel you bro:D Had few games today where I was hard carrying on tanks and still we manage to lose.. Having 4/5 man shatters losing team fights. Killing 3/4 people every fight on hog another around still manage to lose. While I'm main dps I fill and still do my job properly have the vods from it on my twitch channel watched them back made a few mistakes but I still felt like my dps and supports were asleep.
02/09/2018 08:51 PMPosted by aflyguy

You should spend that money investing in a statistics/probability tutor instead. Then u would know de wae

I spent that money, and it doesn't make sense to me either.

What would prompt you to assume that the system works perfectly for everyone? If you knew even the most basic principles of stats you would be hesitant to make that leap of faith.