Quickplay solo Q slowly killing me

General Discussion
QuickPlay scene is becoming less and less interesting

I know everyone treats QP as not important and therefore anything goes. I personally don't like comp because people take things to seriously but can't pull it off. Even more so in lower COMP tier as most players don't get that they aren't even 1 tenth the skill level of players like Seagull, xQC, Jake or Muma and try to emulate them unsuccessfully.

So, I QP. I play it after a long day of doing boring tasks at my job. It used to be fun, but as time passes the game lost it's appeal. I use to play whole evening teaming with average teammates and the occasional trolls. Now, the instalocks and lack of tank/heals make it very difficult to enjoy.

I did stumble on a 5 stack that was awesome and ended finishing my placement matches with them. Best QP and Comp experience ever.

I think the decision to let players choose any Hero they want to play is a very good idea on paper, but will slowly bleed interest in the game. More for solo Queues.

I don't know what the solutions would be, but I wanted to share this.

Thanks for an awesome game and please revive the interest I had in this game.
I wish they would put boxes or some sort of reward for doing quickplay.. I don't have a very good internet so doing comp is hard.. i just do MD10 and thats it.

In quick people really don't care.. i'm not talking about the characters you choose, but how people play. If there was a reward, maybe people would actually try a little bit more. But i could be wrong.
02/10/2018 12:36 PMPosted by LuckyPaddy
instalocks and lack of tank/heals make it very difficult to enjoy.

It's rather tough to give much credit to that claim when your #1 hero is an instant lock widowmaker at 54 hours or over twice as much time as your first support. Now to be fair you have some dva play and a support in your top 5 most played.
Yet you are still kind of the very problem you are complaining about.

Everyone wants good tanks and supports to make the game play better and yet few seem willing to do it.
02/10/2018 12:52 PMPosted by DeadLamb
02/10/2018 12:36 PMPosted by LuckyPaddy
instalocks and lack of tank/heals make it very difficult to enjoy.

It's rather tough to give much credit to that claim when your #1 hero is an instant lock widowmaker at 54 hours or over twice as much time as your first support. Now to be fair you have some dva play and a support in your top 5 most played.
Yet you are still kind of the very problem you are complaining about.

Everyone wants good tanks and supports to make the game play better and yet few seem willing to do it.

I get what your saying. But what the stats don't tell is that most of my 54 hours on Widow are from early on, when the game was still new and fun to me. I'm now trying as many character as I can in an attempt to rekindle the fire. I'm currently focusing on Moira and Sombra. I usually switch to fill in the gaps, unless my teammates are acting like doofuses.
I feel like quickplay should have a shorter time to cap so it doesn't feel like such a drag. 6 minutes of unsucessfully pushing a point with an uncooperative trickle comp can be very frustrating. I mean, how often do you finally cap the point in over time just because everyone rushes the point at the same time last minute?
02/10/2018 03:18 PMPosted by SparklyCrow
how often do you finally cap the point in over time just because everyone rushes the point at the same time last minute?

This is so true. You ask the team to wait, but they walk in there one by one. Until they don't have a choice.
Playing with friends is the answer for most people who love the game but can't enjoy solo queue. I recommend finding friends and just enjoying the game with them whenever you can. Even if you still play solo a lot, you'll probably have a better attitude from the times when you do have really nice experiences grouping.
Solo queue in this game is hell on Earth.

I only solo queue, in any game, and this one is by FAR the most miserable experience. I still love OW, but solo queue is hari kari.
Yeah solo queue qp is awful, comp and deathmatch are about all I play now avoiding qp most of the time
QP is the worst mode in the game. The team compositions are always terrible.
This past week my QP games have either been a 5 dps and support, a 6 dps rush, or a 4 dps a tank and mercy. Surprisingly the 5 dps and 6 dps comps ended in victories more then losses, and the 4 dps tank and mercy experienced the most losses.

The “it’s only QP” mentality has taken over the majority of the game though and no argument you make against it will ever get support.
The fact you're often forced to fill in around bad dps in QP is infuriating. Even if I get 2-3 friends to group up with me and fill that doesn't stop the other half of the team to lock in dps and not even try. I can't practice off of my mains because of this.

At this point, QP is split between "selfish people who play whatever and don't care about the game" and "people forced to fill in very game." Legit most of the time I play QP (especially solo queue) I instantly tilt because it feels like my team doesn't even know what game they're playing.
I think one thing people often overlook is that there's a reason so many people instalock certain heroes. I speak from experience that I'm tired of playing support and Tank, it's all I've played since I got the game. There are many other heroes that I try out and play for a while just to spice things up because the actual content of this game is very slow.

Balance patches are slow, content consists of skins with a map every few months, every new hero is called "meta changing" with them slowly being toned down or nerfed to oblivion shortly after release having very little impact overall, which leads to the same heroes dominating every meta.

Sometimes, I am that selfish jerk who picks Hanzo just to try something new, because I am growing bored of always filling in for a role that we need and I'm tired of always being expected of me to have to do so every match.