Moira is balanced, stop post

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
If there's anything Moira punishes it's players who spend too much time waiting for someone else on their team to create opportunity to make a play. Her orbs are laughably easy to get away from if you're not in a tight space and breaking her lock on is just as easy as taking cover from far more lethal sources of damage in the game.

I don't think Genji is low skill floor (easy to get value out of) as some have said, but I also dont' think it's a high floor either. Getting a feel for the basics of his kit, such as double jumping alot and using deflect as soon as someone focuses you doesn't take that much effort, but the skill expectation you put on your opponents is immense. This is of course exactly how Genji and Tracer are intended to work when it comes to survivability. As a standard DPS flanker you must rely on mobility to be a difficult target, and you wouldn't see that many tracers or genjis romping around and having impact if it took a great deal of skill to actually survive with your mobility tools (See: DoomFist).

So naturally, since the skill put into making yourselves a difficult target is less than the skill required to consistently track you with traditional weapons, Blizzard has created a handful of heroes that negate this advantage. These heroes still come with their own disadvantages, and most will stop being a threat once you improve past the skill floor. The end result is they are designed to allow average or mediocre players to deal with average or mediocre flankers.

It is incredibly ignorant if you've made it this far and are still thinking "Oh but Moira is dominating even high skill tier players, so even skilled Genjis can't deal with her." I merely stated Moira and heroes like Moira even the playing field, allowing an average player to kill an average player is not broken. Similarly, a Grandmaster Genji will definitely still struggle against a Grandmaster Moira, because at the end of the day regardless of their respective hero's skill ceiling both players are at approximately the same level of game sense. So if a Grandmaster can pick Genji to make it harder for other Grandmasters to shoot him, then it merely makes sense that a Grandmaster could also pick Moira to make it easier to shoot that Genji. The equilibrium holds.
Is this bait?
02/11/2018 09:18 AMPosted by sexycommando
moira counters pretty much everything except d.va and winston unless your aim is really good. you're basically fighting a bot.

and ppl who say her dmg is low... you need to take into account her aim assist which gives her ~ 60% accuracy (which is even better at range) compared to say 30% of the average tracer with much better range.

Wow, between this and the OP's post..i don't know what to say. This forum is festering with garbage.
God forbid Genji and Tracer get a little tiny bit counter play.
Hi, OP. You must be new here. Winston only has to left-click as well to focus a Genji and he's been around since launch. Where have you been?
Not everyone can be compared on the same mechanical aiming scale, moira's skill is more about multitasking, team position awareness, and managing resources
But doesn't Genji almost always have the initiative in vs Moira fights? i.e.; his kits offer him the luxury of choosing when and how to engage Moira? Isn't that good enough of an advantage?
02/11/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Buttercult
Nice bait there, you went too far when you said there shouldn't be a genji counter though.

Who else tried too hard to find some hidden code here?
Do you really think a new player just picking up MOira can beat a halfway decent Genji

You cclearly are not as good a Genji as you think, or you're just under estimating the skill of your opponents, it is one of the two, remember her lock on is not a sym lock on it's a beam attack that's got the spread of Mei's beam it just is single target that's why it's a beam not a spread.
" Oh, Moira OP, no healer should counter Genji like this, plz nerf"
Sure, lets nerf Moira and make Genji (The same hero some people also want nerfed)more powerful than he already is.
Also what ever happened to positioning, tracking, and priorities being skills?
this is so funny bye
02/11/2018 09:05 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
moira and genji fall on opposite sides of the skill spectrum, moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

if a new player picks moira they're at the very lowest end of the skill spectrum and they can still just destroy the best genji mains in the world because of how broken of a hero she is.

it's not low iq stuff, moira needs to be reworked to actually have a learning curve and if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't) it should require some skill to play

Funny, because Moira has a fairly strong learning curve. I've played with and against Moira's who can't properly utilize their Biotic Orbs between healing and damage at the correct moment, I rarely see any Moira's using the environment to get their Orbs into interesting places, and I rarely see a Moira who uses Fade for more than just dodging the enemy. Not to mention that tracking with her ultimate is pretty important.
if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't)
I'm sorry what?
02/12/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Gryphodon
if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't)
I'm sorry what?

*crying* 10/10 troll
if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't) it should require some skill to play
Ok, after reading this line, I'm pretty sure you're trolling. And it's not even a good troll.
it's not low iq stuff, moira needs to be reworked to actually have a learning curve and if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't) it should require some skill to play

First, no u.

Second, while she has a lower skill floor, her skill ceiling is up in the clouds with Genji.

Between raising your orb bounces out of the mire of "adequate" to truly useful, and mastering the fake-out game that is Fade (not to mention learning how to use her jump-boost to get places she probably shouldn't be able to get to) there isn't a player in the game who has managed to actually master her yet. Not by a long shot.

Your problem seems to be your focus on her forgiving aim.

AIM IS NOT THE ONLY SKILL IN THE GAME.

Until you learn that, you will be mocked...silently.
02/11/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Eihder
02/11/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Thrillho
...The OP has 97 hours on Reinhardt, 58 hours on Torbjorn, 30 hours on Hanzo, 29 hours on Lucio and 20 hours on McCree. His Genji time clocks in at 11 hours. He's not a one-trick anything, let alone Genji.

Again, he's being goofy. Relax.
I am relaxed, just pointing out the simple facts. Dont get triggered over simple logic.
For future reference, in order for you to claim logic you must have the facts first aligned in your favor. Those facts are twofold:

1. The OP is clearly not a one-trick, and certainly not a one-trick Genji.

2. The OP post is entirely sarcastic.

Have a great day.
02/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by dostheboss
I hope this is a joke...

if you have playtime on genji, you're a troll
if you won't share your rank, you're a troll
if you don't even play genji, you're a troll

thanks for clearing that up community, always thought that was the way of it but nice to get personal confirmation

02/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Skrimiche
moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

I'm a Genji main with barely any time on Moira and even I know this is wrong.

Genji = low skill floor, high skill cap. Doesn't take much to play him once you get his basic mechanics down, but there's no limit to how much you can improve with him.

You're afraid to play Genji at your rank because you rode the mercy cheese train. Before you did that, I have empirical evidence of you suggesting Mercy was literally going to be trash and the worst support when valkyrie dropped.

so with respect, i am going to have to say you don't know much about anything
genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

Hahahahha XD Omg, the best line I've read in the forums in months. Thanks, you made my day.
02/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Skrimiche
moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

I'm a Genji main with barely any time on Moira and even I know this is wrong.

Genji = low skill floor, high skill cap. Doesn't take much to play him once you get his basic mechanics down, but there's no limit to how much you can improve with him.

As for Moira I don't know where her skill floor and ceiling are as I barely play her. From my limited experience with her she's easy to get value out of but you can do a lot of neat tricks with her (namely Coalescence positioning, tracking, and "flicking" between damaging and healing). So she actually seems similar to Genji.

Actually, i dont play genji so much, but everytime i play him in misterious heroes i am surprised of my own skill with him. Or is that the skill dloor of genji is low?

Yeah, he is not winston, but his kit is pretty reliable: deflect when attacked, dash to kill or to leave, etc