Moira is balanced, stop post

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
02/12/2018 05:38 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
02/11/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Nullabutton
But doesn't Genji almost always have the initiative in vs Moira fights? i.e.; his kits offer him the luxury of choosing when and how to engage Moira? Isn't that good enough of an advantage?
moira's fade ability allows her to chase after genji if he attempts to use his kit to run away, it's almost as bad as reaper's wraith form
You Moira haters act like she always has fade available on rapid-fire demand like some kind of 6-million dollar man.

Here is a thought: If Moira uses her fade to chase a fleeing Genji, maybe that Genji should take the signal as an indication to... I dunno, kill her?

I mean hell, if a Genji can't eliminate a squishie cut off from any mobility abilities with nothing but his primary weapon within a span of 6 entire seconds, then what the hell are you even doing maining that kind of DPS hero in the first place?

And don't try to argue context with me. You were the one who chose when and how to engage, along with when and how to disengage. If the Moira is the one engaging you with her own abilities, she is going to die over it. A Moira on cooldown is nothing more than a Zenyatta with zero burst potential.
02/12/2018 11:12 PMPosted by CasualCathar
You Moira haters act like she always has fade available on rapid-fire demand like some kind of 6-million dollar man.
It's a 6 second cool-down, even reaper's wraith form is 8 seconds and they're both stupid abilities
02/11/2018 09:05 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
moira and genji fall on opposite sides of the skill spectrum, moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

if a new player picks moira they're at the very lowest end of the skill spectrum and they can still just destroy the best genji mains in the world because of how broken of a hero she is.

it's not low iq stuff, moira needs to be reworked to actually have a learning curve and if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't) it should require some skill to play

Never mention Genji if you're trying to make a point about another hero, you dun messed up kid.

I do agree on Moira's mechanical skill requirements being way too low, such is overwatch though.
02/13/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Invoker
Never mention Genji if you're trying to make a point about another hero, you dun messed up kid.

I do agree though on Moira's mechanical skill requirements being way too low, such is overwatch though.
it took me time to master genji to the best of my ability, and when they released moira, it was a direct insult to me as a genji player, i mean skill is supposed to be rewarded, otherwise what's the point of matchmaking if no skill moira mains are just going to climb to higher sr's to ruin my genji day

I do agree though on Moira's mechanical skill requirements being way too low, such is overwatch though.
it took me time to master genji to the best of my ability, and when they released moira, it was a direct insult to me as a genji player, i mean skill is supposed to be rewarded, otherwise what's the point of matchmaking if no skill moira mains are just going to climb to higher sr's to ruin my genji day

Press H
Pick McCree

If your "skill" is as good as it is, you should be dropping Moira's like flys with how powerful McCree is against her

I could also say the reverse about Ana. She has a MUCH higher skill floor AND ceiling than Genji. Should I complain when a Genji deflects something that isn't even aimed at him? Or how about when he spams mouse 2?

If Genji can force an Ana to swap, why can't another support force the Genji to swap? Or do DPS just get free rides?
02/13/2018 05:43 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
02/12/2018 11:12 PMPosted by CasualCathar
It's a 6 second cool-down, even reaper's wraith form is 8 seconds and they're both stupid abilities

>moving like 20 feet every 6 seconds is OP
>dashing 20 feet with a free 50 damage every 8 is not
>deflecting ~75% of damage dealing ults every 8 is not
>ok, right

02/13/2018 05:49 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT

By "master" you mean learn the travel time on his shurikens? Literally Genji's only disadvantage. That's literally all it takes to be a "good" Genji. If you can do that, you're set to dominate. You have to be pretty bad at the game in general to mess up dash and deflect in a way that doesn't benefit you at all.

But no because Moira has a tiny bit of countering capability to your double jump spam (that is the only reason you even survive 90% of your encounters) that makes her low-tier, no-skill trash that needs to be nerfed into the ground so you can go back to spamming jump like your thumbs have Parkinsons to win.

it took me time to master genji to the best of my ability, and when they released moira, it was a direct insult to me as a genji player

I really hope you are trolling, otherwise this is just sad.
A lot of my friends have uninstalled because of how cheap moira's playstyle can be, she's not fun to play against because of her fade and self-healing abilities
Ehh I beg to differ... I have no experience, with Genji yet I tried him out and my first match I had all golds and two ultimates that I got 3+kills with. One of which giving me play of the game.

Genji is not difficult to play.
moira and genji fall on opposite sides of the skill spectrum, moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

if a new player picks moira they're at the very lowest end of the skill spectrum and they can still just destroy the best genji mains in the world because of how broken of a hero she is.

it's not low iq stuff, moira needs to be reworked to actually have a learning curve and if there should be a genji counter(which there shouldn't) it should require some skill to play

your acting like Genji doesn't deserve to be countered because he's so good....but in reality...good heroes should have counters? So you are just roasting yourself by saying genji doesn't need a counter...
02/13/2018 10:12 AMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
A lot of my friends have uninstalled because of how cheap moira's playstyle can be, she's not fun to play against because of her fade and self-healing abilities

Do they not know how to play; Doomfist, Reaper, Tracer, McCree, Pharah, Junkrat, Torb, Bastion, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Reinhardt, Orisa, D.va, Roadhog, Winston, Zarya, Zenyatta, Ana, or Moira herself?

Everyone of these characters does higher burst than she can self heal through; has too much health to damage though, or have WAY longer ranges than Moira does.

The only characters who have a real hard time with her are what.. Genji? Symmetra if she doesn't have her shield? Mei if the Mei can't hit her alt fire? 76 if his biofield is on cooldown. Sombra if she didn't hack Moira first?

There's options ya know >_>
02/13/2018 10:28 AMPosted by cheeseyCakez

your acting like Genji doesn't deserve to be countered because he's so good....but in reality...good heroes should have counters? So you are just roasting yourself by saying genji doesn't need a counter...

This is exactly why people dislike genji mains. First they like to pretend they are the most skilled players and genji is the hardest hero to play. Next because they are gods there is no way they should ever lose.
Oh and the point of a counter is where someone requires less skill to beat you. This is overcome with being incredible, avoiding them or switching heros.
Moria is at best a soft counter for genji. It should be very easy to avoid her and if you have mastered genji you should have no problem killing her as your combo will.
02/11/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Skrimiche
moira taking next to no skill while genji taking the most skill in the game to play properly.

I'm a Genji main with barely any time on Moira and even I know this is wrong.

Genji = low skill floor, high skill cap. Doesn't take much to play him once you get his basic mechanics down, but there's no limit to how much you can improve with him.

As for Moira I don't know where her skill floor and ceiling are as I barely play her. From my limited experience with her she's easy to get value out of but you can do a lot of neat tricks with her (namely Coalescence positioning, tracking, and "flicking" between damaging and healing). So she actually seems similar to Genji.

pro gengo can i get your autograph
im serious about this.
i really am please dont get offended
What’s he point of having high mechanically skilled healers? That just makes healing more difficult than it needs to be. Look at Ana
Indeed.

Everyone knows you have to be pro to even keep bronze rank as genku. Performing a double jump over and over is an incredible difficult task, add in deflect whenever off cooldown and you've got yourself at least a 20 star hero.
It's unbalanced how moira is rewarded for her poor positioning due to her fade ability, and moira herself has no direct counter, her survivability is actually stupid
k
02/13/2018 12:44 PMPosted by BEERKNIGHT
It's unbalanced how moira is rewarded for her poor positioning due to her fade ability, and moira herself has no direct counter, her survivability is actually stupid

I have zero issues taking Moira with Widow -- she goes down in one head shot like other squishies when she positions poorly.

This is akin to saying Winston shouldn't counter Widow because they are polar opposites of the skill spectrum, and we know how that contest usually turns out.
;)
02/11/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Deus
Genji is gonna get hit by the nerf hammer so hard he will need another reconstructive surgery. Deal with it.

Genji is not on our balance radar.
-Jeff Kaplan

lel prank'd