Controversial opinions you have

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
The most irritating ability is doomfists uppercut. The fact that you literally have no control of your hero unless you have a movement ability, is beyond irritating sure it isn't op but my god is it annoying
Nearly every OW pro is a giant !@#$%^-.
Roadhog is a shell of his former self and needs something.
Genji and Tracer favoritism is why we might never get a pyro/flamethrower hero.
Sword Art Online is bad (16.5)
Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock in terms of gameplay
Battleborn is an extremely fun game but is a bit hard to get into
Overwatch e-sports are extremely hard to watch and is very confusing to follow
I hate mccree, he was built as a super "high skill character" and then they give him crapbang
I was way more interested in the OWL skins vs. OWL itself :)
Hanzo is fine and doesn’t need a nerf or rebalancing.

Moira is fine and doesn’t need a nerf or rebalancing.

Mercy never needed a nerf or rebalancing since day 1.

The new CTF mode is super fun and waaaaaay better than the old version of CTF.

PvE is more fun than PvP.

Mei is still one of the most annoying characters to play against.

Symmetra and Torb’s turrets are still too weak on console.

All of McCree’s non event legendaries are ugly and the worst legendaries in the game.

All of the Journey to the West skins from last year’s LNY event were ugly.

Cyborg:76 is ugly.

Zarya’s Industrial skin is NOT ugly.

Voice chat isn’t necessary to win and should NEVER be forced onto anyone PERIOD.

Everyone makes too big of a deal about characters’ sexualities and what gender they are and all that.

And my most controversial opinion of all....
Gency is a good ship and there’s nothing wrong with it \o/
I think a lot of the issues with Overwatch stem from the community. I'm not just talking about toxicity in game, I'm talking about people jumping on hate trains. Or when the forums are flooded with "nerf this, nerf that" and the thing gets nerfed then the same people go "we didn't want that nerfed". To be fair, the latest dev decisions I won't blame on the community.

Also, the "lore" of Overwatch is complete nonsense. Seriously, the team does not have their priorities straight when it comes to telling a cohesive story.
02/12/2018 10:38 AMPosted by ImNoJedi

Someone call the fandom police. This is a code black!
02/12/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Gyakusetsu

How much you wanna bet all three of those downvotes I have are from this one opinion LOL
Lucio is broken OP in CtF. I know that in these parts believing a support is too good in a gamemode is a serious crime, but he is. I main sym at diamond in CtF and i'm supposed to counter him, but having the flag be instantly given to the carrier has made symmetra useless vs lucio. All he has to do is boop your turrets if you have them in one spot or get out of your range and destroy them if they are scattered. If you manage to latch your beam on him all he has to do is ult and run away from your range. Literally the only time you can reliably kill a diamond lucio is to have him come with someone else, amp up your beam's damage and quickly latch onto him and hope he doesn't gets away.

02/12/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Gyakusetsu

Tumblr's gonna be knocking on their door any second now.
Overwatch will never achieve its full potential to be an all-time great game.

This community may be the worse I've ever seen in my decades of gaming. It is predominantly comprised of entitled "safe space cry babies" who are more fixated on typical SJW nonsense like the identity politics of virtual characters (or X-rated OW fan art) than actually providing constructive, legitimate feedback on the balance of the game. When this group finally offers feedback, it's always "Nerf this or buff that!" because they're either losing to a particular hero or because their fav (i.e., "main") isn't "strong enough". Never do they never consider that maybe, just maybe, they should learn all the intricacies of the game before complaining. No, these are people who have zero clue how to learn, adapt and overcome any form of adversity...and Blizzard feeds into this snowflake community 100%, so they're also to blame.

For me, OW is fun, but it will forever remain a casual experience and the biggest "What could have been" in gaming.

Edit: In my original post, I referred to online OW p**nography, but the word was censored so I changed it to x-rated.
02/12/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Dimse
I’ll start
And don’t hate anyone for their opinions here, this is all just for funsies

I personally think Tracer and Mercy are balanced.

I LOVE the game again with the Mercy "nerf" (balance) and I haven't played in months. Also I think Moria's annoying and broken.
"Controversial opinion" The majority of this game is played my cry baby snowflakes.
People are always crying about something on this game. You cant even say what you want, because you're always hurting someones feelings and then they report you. "waaa! hes being toxic!!, he said gg ez" Its ridiculous.
Too many people complain about supports needing to be nerfed when they won't ever try to play them and then blame their supports when they lose the game.
02/12/2018 10:57 AMPosted by BT160506
Overwatch will never achieve its full potential to be an all-time great game.

This community may be the worse I've ever seen in my decades of gaming. It is predominantly comprised of entitled "safe space cry babies" who are more fixated on typical SJW nonsense like the identity politics of virtual characters (or X-rated OW fan art) than actually providing constructive, legitimate feedback on the balance of the game. When this group finally offers feedback, it's always "Nerf this or buff that!" because they're either losing to a particular hero or because their fav (i.e., "main") isn't "strong enough". Never do they never consider that maybe, just maybe, they should learn all the intricacies of the game before complaining. No, these are people who have zero clue how to learn, adapt and overcome any form of adversity...and Blizzard feeds into this snowflake community 100%, so they're also to blame.

For me, OW is fun, but it will forever remain a casual experience and the biggest "What could have been" in gaming.

Edit: In my original post, I referred to online OW p**nography, but the word was censored so I changed it to x-rated.

Said the exact same thing. Its absolutely ridiculous. This game literally the worst gaming community i have EVER been in. I have NEVER seen so many cry babies in my life. I had to post this on my secondary account because im sure ill be banned or muted for the post i gave. People dont like to hear the truth and they get all butthurt when they do.
The Attack/Defense/Tank/Support category system was a mistake.

Pure healers and nonhealing supports should not be in a 6v6 game.

Making OWL city based was a mistake.

Having a roster that's only 50% viable is still better than most games.

Mechanical skill is important because people are prone to making stupid arguments when they have a limited hero pool, and only playing low skill characters will result in a small hero pool.

Everyone should know a high mobility character solely for contesting the point. If an offmeta onetrick without ult makes an informed decision to refuse to swap to get back to the point faster, I'd consider it throwing and would want policy changed to make this reportable.

Rogue should have been able to buy an OWL spot, considering that they had the money.

Esports makes the game better. Or it would if Blizzard wasn't so bad at it, especially in the tier 2 scene.

Beyond server/computer/internet stability, queueing up and realizing that there are people on your team that you don't want there is the single largest problem in overwatch and nothing else comes close.
Defense matrix was fine at 4 seconds cause D.Va is, ya know, a tank.