Stop with DPSwatch

General Discussion
02/09/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Arkana
When did Quickplay became such a joke of a mode that no one takes it seriously enough to even want to win?

Last May.

I don't know what happened to cause Quick Play to go completely pudding-brained, but that's precisely when it happened.
quick play has been a joke since the game dropped, i was saying the same thing in S1

No, that's not true. During Comp seasons 2 and 3, Quick Play was a good place to go for a casual game. It was still tough to get two tanks on your team, but you could always feel pretty confident of having one -- at that point, people hadn't yet forgotten entirely what tanks were or what they were for -- and two healers was actually the norm.

Season 4 is when it fell apart. May 2017. I have no idea why it happened at that particular time -- it seems a bit early to be caused by summer vacation. But then again, when I was teaching school, I noticed that after the barrage of standardized testing in April, students mentally checked out. As far as they were concerned, they were done thinking for the year. So maybe that spilled into Overwatch. Maybe not.

Whatever the reason, QP has never recovered and at this point certainly won't unless Blizard splits it into two areas, one where "lawful fun" players like me can play to win in a relaxed, cooperative atmosphere and one where "chaotic fun" players can continue to play Hamster Sniper, and we can stay out of each other's way and never have to bother each other again.
02/09/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Hombold
I go to quickplay only if I want to try out heroes I haven't played before. And I don't care if people don't like it.

If you want to have serious matches, then go for competitive. And in the end, why do you care about victory or loss in QP anyway? The only difference is the amount of XP you get at the end.

There is no impact whatsoever. So I don't really understand why some people rage about it. Go QP and have fun. If you win - well done. If you lose there is always a next time.

Do you like dying every time you spawn cause you have no healers/tanks?
You clearly do, and you're ruining other players fun, congratz, heres a gold medal from me.
What i dont understand is... if you only care about yourself, why dont you play deathmatch?

The fun of this game is not about killing, but about attacking together with your team, helping each others, coordinated combos... just to name a few.
If you are not interested in these, i think you should do us a favor and go play Call of Duty or the likes.
It's Quickplay,

Aaaaaand I can just stop reading here...
Dude... it's like you said.... it's quickplay.

6 DPS team compositions

"I wanna play DPS and blame everyone else for not playing not-DPS"

always

So you are saying every team, always? Hmmmmm. So your enemy is a 6 DPS team too right? How is that disadvantageus then?

one really has to wonder if they are throwing.

Yes. Throwers making absolutely sure they will ruin their teams SR while their team is held hostage by the leavers penalty so they are forced to stay. Sounds plausible in QP.

I mean players know that DPS only compositions almost never work, yet they won't flex to any of the characters needed in order to get a win.

If only there was a competitive mode for players who want to tryhard. But blizz will never implement that. If only your team could work together so you could pull off that nice 6 Winston meta and roll the red team every time.

Why must we must put up with these failed team compositions and just take the loss

Yeah. Blizzard should let you leave QP without losing SR. If they just did that you problem woud be solved right?
But what about those sacred moments where you ride the blizzcoaster with enemies in BW? Or when you hang out in space with that enemy Winston? Or when everyone is on the jump pad and there is a temporary truce?
Yes. IMO if you go sniper on attack or do not conform to a comp that will allow you to win. or "just wanna play my guy" or say "its just QP brah" go play another game mode because believe it or not QP is still a TEAM BASED GAMEMODE. If you want to get better at sniper or any other hero GO PLAY FFA or something that is just based around you not a team you ruin the game for 5 other people PLEASE STOP.
There is no such thing as throwing in QP. lolololololol
i mean it's called quickplay for a reason, i personally like it since i don't have to worry about flexing to my "main", Lucio, all the time.

ED: well next time you go healer instead of instalocking DPS.
02/09/2018 05:04 AMPosted by MƗĜĤŦŶ
02/09/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Hombold
I go to quickplay only if I want to try out heroes I haven't played before. And I don't care if people don't like it.

If you want to have serious matches, then go for competitive. And in the end, why do you care about victory or loss in QP anyway? The only difference is the amount of XP you get at the end.

There is no impact whatsoever. So I don't really understand why some people rage about it. Go QP and have fun. If you win - well done. If you lose there is always a next time.

Do you like dying every time you spawn cause you have no healers/tanks?
You clearly do, and you're ruining other players fun, congratz, heres a gold medal from me.
What i dont understand is... if you only care about yourself, why dont you play deathmatch?

The fun of this game is not about killing, but about attacking together with your team, helping each others, coordinated combos... just to name a few.
If you are not interested in these, i think you should do us a favor and go play Call of Duty or the likes.

Well the fun for me is about killing and headshot someone with sniper. Since i know im !@#$ at it, i dont use snipers in comp but in QP. Dont hate the players, its how blizzard setup the game.
Cant believe how salty someone can get over a video game.
I mean QP is where you go to have fun and practice so there's less team play and overall...togetherness. Which is fine. I accept that and I use QP to play characters I'm otherwise garbage at. Just don't get salty and toxic when we lose because y'all decided we could defend with nothing but offense characters.

If I'm in the mood I tank or heal in QP, but that's pretty rare and short-lived since people feel the need to treat it like comp ONLY when they feel they aren't getting healed or shielded. The amount of times I have been flamed by a 5 DPS comp while I'm KIND enough to play Zen for some sort of healing is ridiculous.

It's an endless cycle. If you try and play an honest comp, you're punished. "Why heal? Just go Tracer and add to the DPS comp, y'know? /They're/ having fun. Why do /I/ have to be the only team player, etc."