Why don't DPS players switch their picks.

General Discussion
Seriously, I've had a QP game on Anubis, with Doomfist, Junkrat and Genji, and the whole team was getting our asses kicked by an enemy Pharah.
Not "Pharmercy" - just A Pharah.

Just one of them swapping to a hitscan would have given us a way to actually address that problem - but nope.
They all kept playing their pick, leaving me the - ZEN player - to try and deal with her.

Why stay on characters that CLEARLY aren't working rather then swap to adjust ?
Is it because you just want to play "Your" character, regardless to how bad it is for the rest of the team ?
> QP
You've answered your own question.
Because it's Quickplay, people play what they want to play in Quickplay.
02/10/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Squidbarrel
Why throw out just dps? Haterade much there?

Was in a game earlier that a Winston kept complaining about the heals sucking. I told him he can switch to a healer then if they are so bad and he refused.

So no, it’s not just dps. And no, he wasn’t doing a very good job tanking either.

And zen is an excellent counter to her. Discord and fire. Maybe they thought you could handle it? Why should a whole team have to switch for one character.
02/10/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Squidbarrel
Why would you think switching to hitscan will solve your problem automatically? They probably not confident with their aim and they may think if they switch and wasting their time shooting in the sky waiting to be rocketed to death they'd better focus on ground enemies and kill them quicker.
People getting salty but it's true. Not all DPS players are like this but it happens to me a lot too. I'll be solo healing with 5 DPS (Or 4 if we have a tank) so I can't switch to counter.

I get playing what you want in QP when it works...but if you're losing by a lot then switch and counter.

I've been Sym with all DPS and won but if we were getting stomped I would've gone Healer
I like how you all justify that this only happens in quick play.

I have two games, out of all overwatch games I have played, where a team switched up something that wasn't working.

Two

In a game where hero switching is a core mechanic.

- cheers
Earlier in comp I had a game where I was just being given free rein as Pharah. One of the enemy switched to Soldier, forced me to try and play clever, and my output was reduced (though not enough for me to then switch, their 5 teammates weren't troubling me). That one switch from the Soldier ended up being the thing to tip the match in their favour and they ended up winning. If a single person having the sense to switch and hinder the biggest problem they were having can change the course of a match, imagine if all DPS were to do that.
02/10/2018 11:15 PMPosted by ChiliOil
Why would you think switching to hitscan will solve your problem automatically? They probably not confident with their aim and they may think if they switch and wasting their time shooting in the sky waiting to be rocketed to death they'd better focus on ground enemies and kill them quicker.

If they have trouble aiming against a Pharah, would of been perfect practice. I play on PS4 with a controller as a tank/support but I want to learn DPS heroes. My aiming is horrible but you have to take that first step to better your aim.
Because it's QP......
Because you’ll never get better with a hero if you don’t see a situation out. Sometimes you find a way to make it work out and sometimes in the end you say “yeah I should switch in that situation next time.” It’s part of learning tbh.
You know dva is best pharah counter right? Or a good widow
Cos support is dull despite how impactful it may be. Tanks can be better, but unless you have a support and your not going Roadhog (or maybe Zarya) your gonna get your !@# handed to you (an the more mobile offensive heroes are probably gonna to the health pack first). So therefore everyone goes more self sufficient heroes that can have more of an impact on their own =\

Support/tank can be rather dull thankless tasks :(
02/10/2018 11:09 PMPosted by PioneerX
> QP
You've answered your own question.

implying it's any different in comp...