Sooo lootboxes.

General Discussion
I'm fine with cosmetic boxes, thats not what I think is silly. So my problem is, from a completely fresh account with zero credits and zero unlocks, I bought 50 lootboxes.

In those I got 8 yellows... 2 of those were different skin colors for mei, but again thats not what was kind of annoying... it was the 1050 credits.

ONLY 1050 credits from 50 lootboxes. I understand that number would go up a bit the more useless junk I collect, but really?? 1050 credits from 50 boxes... You really need to up the credits vs junk ratio...

Lets face it people want to buy what they want, and the boxes are a boost towards just buying skins you actually want... and atm its a joke.

Edit: LMAO Blizzard fanboys summed up... Downvotes for the truth. This scamming people is going to be regulated. GL Blizz. You get basically NOTHING from 50 boxes end of.

Hows this for an Idea blizzard, If you downvote you have to post a counterargument, or you dont get a vote.
You don't get many at the start because everything you get is new. When I open a box, all I ever get it coins.
You get the majority of your credits from duplicates, which is a way of saying "hey, you'll get rewarded with more credits for playing the game a lot"
02/12/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Zeleros
You get the majority of your credits from duplicates, which is a way of saying "hey, you'll get rewarded with more credits for playing the game a lot"

So your saying blizzards plan is I buy LESS with real money... Hardly. Did any1 read the post... I did say I get that the more junk I get the slightly more credits I get...
I have yet to get a skin. I am tired of the sprays, sprays for days...

eh, I refuse to buy lootboxes with such a poor gamble rate * my personal experience). So I am stuck with what I get in this wonderful random loot algorithm.
I only have one suggestion for lootboxes: Increase chances of getting event items in event boxes.
Originally there was a decent amount of complaining that all the lootboxes were duplicates and that people hated getting duplicate legendary items and such. So they made it so you only get new items in the loot boxes so nobody would complain about never getting anything new. So now we get this situation.

Honestly I feel for Blizzard. They can't seem to win no matter what they do.
the box system is pretty hit or miss.
on one hand, the current system favors giving us new items, less duplicates so boxes feel more rewarding cuz we're unlocking more items. the old loot box system was pretty much you get whatever, and most of the time it was 4 duplicates, which hurt. even a gold duplicate is only worth like 500 coins, where as it costs 1000 to buy a gold skin.

the current look box system, you dont get as many duplicates, so you dont get as many coins in the bank. But the value of each box if you calculate the cost of the skins and sprays you get, is more rewarding. you're guanteed a new item most of the time, unless you've already unlocked most of the stuff already. Drops keep their original drop %, even if you unlocked a ton. but it boosts the chance of something you dont have.

if that makes sense. I could break down the drop % with made up examples if it helps.
02/12/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Taako
I only have one suggestion for lootboxes: Increase chances of getting event items in event boxes.

Event boxes are guaranteed to have at least one event item. Of course, the chances that it's a legendary skin is low.

Btw OP, the reason people downvote you is because you bought 50 lootboxes. You are supporting a business practice none of us enjoy.
You only get new stuff if you own a lot of the basic lootbox items. If you played many hours, you want to make sure you buy all the common items that cost 25-75 credits. This will give 5 and 15 credits back every time you get that item in the lootboxes. You'll make more credits in the long run.

Whenever you get something new, it'll always be a 250 or 1000 item. Trust me. All my new items are always a 250 or 1000 item. I have nearly everything in the game after spending about 650 hours playing. I have 22,500 credits too. I don't even need to use my Credits.

Never buy anything that cost 1000 or 3000. You are wasting your credits unless. If you're starting the seasonal event for the first time. Don't expect to 100% it. you need to play the game for at least 1 year to get most of the times. Next year, buy the cheaper items from the same event and then grind grind grind. You'll end up getting everything from the seasonal.

Or you can buy a last minute 24 or 50 lootboxes to get the last items you need which will also increase your credits.

I am only missing McCree and Mei's skin for this Lunar event. That is 4000 credits and still have plenty of time to get them. Events give you way more credits too than the basic lootboxes. In the basic lootboxes, I get 30 credits on average. The event lootboxes give you way more. It like 40-175 credits on average.

I had 17500 when the event started and I mentioned I have 22,500 now. See the different in that?
When you buy lootboxes you have officially lost your right to criticize lootboxes.
You knew exactly what you were getting, you paid for it anyway and now you're here complaining. You and people like you are exactly why lootboxes are a thing. What did you expect to get from the lootboxes? Did you think you will get something different from regular lootboxes just because you paid for them?
Bought lootboxes are not different from regular lootboxes.

You also don't get to call people Blizzard fanboys after buying 50 lootboxes. You have done more to encourage and support the existence of lootboxes than any other person in this thread.
I find it ridiculous that there is NO DIRECT WAY to buy something I like. I find it sad that people are OK with this. But hey, at the end of the day it's not my money they're spending so whatever. I myself will never support business models like this.
02/12/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Kampec
I find it ridiculous that there is NO DIRECT WAY to buy something I like. I find it sad that people are OK with this. But hey, at the end of the day it's not my money they're spending so whatever. I myself will never support business models like this.

I'm OK with lootboxes because I've gotten most of the stuff I've wanted for free by grinding during events and by just playing the game and saving credits.
The game doesn't revolve around lootboxes and skins. Blizzard makes the cosmetics, they can do whatever they want with them and set their own standards, sorry if you're too lazy to sit it out and actually collect the coins instead of complaining. They are offering players a way to personalize their characters. If you don't like that, keep in mind that the coins and skins don't have to be there at all and you can just play the game normally. You know, like mostly everyone else does. Instead of hating on Blizzard's reward system try enjoying the fact that it's even there at all and accept that some things aren't as easy as you want them to be. Just a thought :3
lol @ people who spend money on lootboxes...
You have more than 3 weeks left to obtain these event skins... Atleast wait with the crying until the event ends :-)
02/12/2018 10:45 AMPosted by hAnnoying
I'm fine with cosmetic boxes, thats not what I think is silly. So my problem is, from a completely fresh account with zero credits and zero unlocks, I bought 50 lootboxes.

In those I got 8 yellows... 2 of those were different skin colors for mei, but again thats not what was kind of annoying... it was the 1050 credits.

ONLY 1050 credits from 50 lootboxes. I understand that number would go up a bit the more useless junk I collect, but really?? 1050 credits from 50 boxes... You really need to up the credits vs junk ratio...

Lets face it people want to buy what they want, and the boxes are a boost towards just buying skins you actually want... and atm its a joke.

Edit: LMAO Blizzard fanboys summed up... Downvotes for the truth. This scamming people is going to be regulated. GL Blizz. You get basically NOTHING from 50 boxes end of.

Hows this for an Idea blizzard, If you downvote you have to post a counterargument, or you dont get a vote.

It's a common thing where updates to this kind of thing will target established players.
An option to actually get credits directly in fact might be a good idea.
02/12/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Moira
When you buy lootboxes you have officially lost your right to criticize lootboxes.
You knew exactly what you were getting, you paid for it anyway and now you're here complaining. You and people like you are exactly why lootboxes are a thing. What did you expect to get from the lootboxes? Did you think you will get something different from regular lootboxes just because you paid for them?
Bought lootboxes are not different from regular lootboxes.

You also don't get to call people Blizzard fanboys after buying 50 lootboxes. You have done more to encourage and support the existence of lootboxes than any other person in this thread.

I've bought a lot more than 50 lootboxes and I don't really even care about cosmetics all that much. lol
02/12/2018 10:51 AMPosted by hAnnoying
So your saying blizzards plan is I buy LESS with real money... Hardly.
If they really gave that much of a damn, they would of tried an EA on us already.

Really, through a lot of harsh feedback, they've done pretty well finding a balance between those willing to pay, and those willing to play, for their loot boxes.

02/12/2018 10:51 AMPosted by hAnnoying
Did any1 read the post... I did say I get that the more junk I get the slightly more credits I get...
It'll take a while before a new account really start getting a lot of coin, that's the nature of the beast. New accounts the system focuses on getting you as many items as possible. Older accounts the focus is on getting coins to nab the missing items you initially didn't get.

Being on an older account, I usually manage to build up about 7-8k between events. It gives me a lot of choices by the end of an event to pick up what I missed.

New accounts, well until they get the critical mass of items, they have to run the RNG gauntlet that the rest of us have already been through.
02/12/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Taako

I would also ask for double XP on events just to ease the grind.