Legendary skins that has special abilities?

General Discussion
I think legendary skins should have special abilities so that they will be more rewarding when you receive them in loot boxes. I mean, I think it would be cool.

Examples:
>Mercy's witch skin could give you one instant resurrect when uses her valkyrie
>Zenyatta's Ra skin could give him a larger Transcendence radius.
>D.va's "bunny hop" could be faster in her Black Cat skin because cats are relatively faster than rabbits.

They could have special abilities, but without it being too OP to handle.
Highly Rated
This can only go downhill.
Balancing nightmare. Also I think some people would physical harm other people if they had to grind loot boxes or spent several grand to get a ult for a specific comp.
Pay to win. No thanks.
02/13/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Selket
I think legendary skins should have special abilities so that they will be more rewarding when you receive them in loot boxes. I mean, I think it would be cool.

Examples:
>D.va's "bunny hop" could be faster in her Black Cat skin because cats are relatively faster than rabbits.

I’ll take “what are steaming piles of nope” for 500 Alex.

I don't think giving advantages to people with large amounts of disposable income to spend on lootboxes is a good idea at all.
I'd much prefer more skin specific voicelines. I wish they had done that for the year of the dog skins, but I don't think any of them got anything.

???
Actually the worst idea ever

I would prefer cosmetic changes to abilities. Why does a blue genji skin still have green effects for dragonblade.
Are you from EA?
Absolutely not.
Did people learn nothing from SW:BF2? XD (among many many many many many many many many many etc. other games?)

I mean, I doubt that section of the industry did, but hopefully the average consumer became a bit more wary of this kind of thing.
I don't think you know what "cosmetic" means
02/13/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Cavalcade11
I'd much prefer more skin specific voicelines. I wish they had done that for the year of the dog skins, but I don't think any of them got anything.
Actually genji got new ult voice lines for his skin ,no idea about the others though.
dont like the idea of skills persay. for legendary skins . but i do like the idea of legendary skin only emotes that dont have to be found or bought.

like give the newyears skin for junkrat the ability to set off the fireworks on his body in a spitaculer light show. as an emote, does no damage to anything around him but looks cool as hell when he goes off for no reason.

could do this with alot of the skins giveing them skin spec emotes that are free with the skin and can be trigered like any other emote. just saying it would be kind of cool if you think about it.
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different skins.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
Why the hell will this be a good idea? It will make overwatch to the point where people won’t play at all.
02/13/2018 12:27 PMPosted by BillHicks
Balancing nightmare. Also I think some people would physical harm other people if they had to grind loot boxes or spent several grand to get a ult for a specific comp.

Exactly, and it would be horrible with people demanding you to don a certain skin for the ability-especially if you haven't gotten it yet from the RNG Gods. Skins must stay cosmetic and abilities be hero bound only.

Examples:

This is a terrible idea, someone like me who has practically everything in the game(mainly due to the Anniversary event) would have a HUGE advantage over someone else just because I have EVERY LEGENDARY IN THE GAME except Crusader Reinhardt which I can easily just buy, and the way you’re suggesting it makes it sound like you want it to be more like SW Battlefront 2 where the game is Pay to Win, and I think legendary skins should stay the way they are: A way to stand out from other players, I do however want all the legendary skins to have at least 1 unique voice line specific to that skin(Cruiser D. Va for example has a bunch of 50s related quotes because that’s what the skin is based on)