How do you deal with anger on this game?

General Discussion
take a break and try again later if you notice that you're getting tilted

just quit (or finish the match) and do something else instantly
> Turn Overwatch off.

> Play Monster hunter world.

> Run around carrying Poogie.

> Happiness.
It's a video game. We play them to have fun. If you're not having fun then that's the sign it's time to stop playing.
Watch cat videos on YouTube.

Munchkin cats in particular.
02/13/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Amelissan
Watch cat videos on YouTube.

Munchkin cats in particular.

You might just love this then ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDcIEFes2U&list=LLnITPfS1PkbuNpAT2dPJsVw&index=2
02/13/2018 01:19 PMPosted by KaiserKhalil
How do people cope with stress on this game?

I quit.

Not trying to sound like a negative Nancy, I'm just stating a fact. For some people the stress is too much, and the healthiest thing you can do is step away.

Mystery Heroes / Arcade even became too much for me to handle. >.< So I just do vs. AI occasionally. And when a PVE event makes an appearance, I'll play that. But aside from that, I'm done. Can't handle it anymore.
02/13/2018 01:23 PMPosted by NiceGenji
This should be helpful: take a break off the game. Relax and meditate. Think of something happy or go to your happy place. You could listen to some peaceful music
That’s helped before but my anger now always gets the best of me....
02/13/2018 01:24 PMPosted by PyroPanda
Turn off the computer. Find something else to do. Come back when you’rE relaxed. For me, I’ll brew some tea, choose a good book, and read while listening to my favorite music.

Cheers,
- PyroPanda
I’ll try that, thanx :)
02/13/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Chazzie
I took about a month off after I realized how toxic I was getting towards my friends. It eliminated the problem and now I go into every game chill and not caring about anything except my own personal skill.
that’s exactly what happened to me. But now I want to play the game again without stressing out
02/13/2018 01:31 PMPosted by NotoriousQ
Don't think of it in terms of you or your team being crap, think about it in terms of the other team just happening to be better.

There will always be someone better at any given skill than you. That doesn't mean you suck or shouldn't keep trying. Don't try to find a person to blame for failure. Think constructively about what you can do better next time, and don't stress about things you can't control, like who you are paired with or who you are playing against.

Know that failure isn't 100% your fault, but also remember that no one is playing in a vacuum. There is no single reason for winning or losing most of the time. The angriest people I see in this game are the ones that are determined to find a reason for every loss, whether that be "one tricks", their teammates, or "smurfs".

Maybe that IS why, but it's just honestly not a big deal, and most of the time you'll never know for sure. So why dwell on it?
this one was really eye opening, thanx :)
02/13/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Tosruss
I stop playing. As soon as I get mad enough at any game to swear excessive or break something I know it's time for a break.
i wish I were you.....
This game and how its setup brings out the narcissist inside us all. A team game based around switching to adapt, and its full of mains/selfish single minded people. Its very stressful to deal with, especially if you're someone who enjoys doing any role, but finds yourself in that lovely predicament of either healing without a tank with 5 dps, or tanking without a healer (usually ends up being the former). The bright side of it: At least it makes the healing aspect of the game more intense to do.
02/13/2018 02:37 PMPosted by SteffyMacD
02/13/2018 01:31 PMPosted by NotoriousQ
Don't think of it in terms of you or your team being crap, think about it in terms of the other team just happening to be better.

There will always be someone better at any given skill than you. That doesn't mean you suck or shouldn't keep trying. Don't try to find a person to blame for failure. Think constructively about what you can do better next time, and don't stress about things you can't control, like who you are paired with or who you are playing against.

Know that failure isn't 100% your fault, but also remember that no one is playing in a vacuum. There is no single reason for winning or losing most of the time. The angriest people I see in this game are the ones that are determined to find a reason for every loss, whether that be "one tricks", their teammates, or "smurfs".

Maybe that IS why, but it's just honestly not a big deal, and most of the time you'll never know for sure. So why dwell on it?

This post is also just good general life advice. There's always someone who is better than you, so don't dwell on failure.
yeah....
Honestly,

alcohol, cigarettes and dabs.

All three.
02/13/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Crepsly
02/13/2018 01:19 PMPosted by KaiserKhalil
How do people cope with stress on this game?

I quit.

Not trying to sound like a negative Nancy, I'm just stating a fact. For some people the stress is too much, and the healthiest thing you can do is step away.

Mystery Heroes / Arcade even became too much for me to handle. >.< So I just do vs. AI occasionally. And when a PVE event makes an appearance, I'll play that. But aside from that, I'm done. Can't handle it anymore.
I’m on the verge of that at this point
Do any of you budding anger management councilors want to try out an experiment with me?

Go play on the EU servers for a week (with comms) and report back. I dare you.
As long as the players spoke German I would be good