Why exactly are Tracer and Genji still relatively untouched?

General Discussion
everyone wants everything but their main nerfed, this game is trash
02/04/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Jeston
everyone wants everything but their main nerfed, this game is trash
A bit unnecessary.
<removed by forum moderation for trolling>
Tracer is fine, but buffing her counters a bit isn't a bad idea.

Genji seems too versatile, but I'd like to see his deflect animation actually match the hitbox and go from there.
Here's a nice post about it that got locked for no reason:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761606418#post-1
Because everyone used to say Tracer is balanced???? She doesn't need nerfs nor buffs.
02/04/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Doombunny
Tracer is fine, but buffing her counters a bit isn't a bad idea.

Genji seems too versatile, but I'd like to see his deflect animation actually match the hitbox and go from there.
Tons of mobility and utility.
02/04/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Shepling
Here's a nice post about it that got locked for no reason:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761606418#post-1

"Mercy feedback"

omegalul
02/04/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Skrimiche
There's more Genji counters — both hard and soft — now than there were before though (relevant Junk, Sombra, Moira, relevant Winston, Doomfist).

Junkrat recently was getting really good at taking care of Genji. Know what happened to him? Nerfed.

Doomfist was at launch decent at taking care of him but then his rocket punch hitbox was nerfed to the point that Genji just has to jump over his punch.

Winston does have the ability to Zone Genji that is true. However, Genji has far more mobility and Winston only has a single one that is easily outdone by simply forcing him to leap then climbing the nearest wall.

Moira. She's likely his best counter at the moment but even she has the weakness of depending partly on orbs that he can deflect and turn to his advantage. Logged around 4-5 hours on Genji in the past few days and it was only difficult to deal with her at first until I realized that if it is a one on one I just have to commit
to a full on cqc against her to win.

Sombra. Only works if he does not notice her. She is very loud on approach.
You forgot about Tracer MrTickles. Tracer has no real counters, just bullets, and occasionally getting caught in a Sombra ult.
02/04/2018 07:02 AMPosted by ApexAbstract
You forgot about Tracer MrTickles. Tracer has no real counters, just bullets, and occasionally getting caught in a Sombra ult.

Tracer is fine in my opinion. All her attacks require her to expose herself to enemy fire and place herself at risk.

The same can be said of Genji save that he is not locked to only horizontal movements but high vertical mobility as well that makes him much less risky to play.

On top of that his actual movements can be used as attacks and even when he is not heavily moving he has a defensive ability as well.

I do not think he is broken but I do think he is overtuned a tad bit. He has both exploits that are unfair against his enemies but at the same time he also has bugs that sometimes rob him of things he is suppose to be able to do (such as wall climbs that do not connect).

Tracer does not have bugs but she does not have near the mitigating mobility that Genji has.
02/04/2018 05:30 AMPosted by gpu
Because they are balanced?
I like you, you're funny
They've made a few changes to Genji since launch. Most of them were mini buffs or bug fixes though. He had a major nerf to his jumping. He used to be able to triple jump if he double jumped, wall-climbed, then jumped again.