Did I hear right? Mercy is done?

General Discussion
Valkyrie is a bad version of supercharger. So no, supercharger is clearly stronger. It's also more engaging: at least you get to keep doing standard Orisa duties after setting supercharger.

And hey, at least Meteor strike allows you to survive stuff that's going on. Tac visor? Meteor strike! Dragonblade? Metetor strike! Take a bunch of damage while overextending? Meteor strike! Sure, it doesn't protect your whole team, but it protects you. So it's already a stronger defensive ultimate than Valkyrie, which literally can't protect anyone from ultimate.

Supercharger being destroyable and immobile makes it far and away worse than Valkyrie. It's the opposite of engaging because it's a fire and forget (and hope Tracer doesn't blink behind your shield and kill it in two seconds). Also, Meteor Strike being used primarily as an escape is far from what it's intended for but it's not useful in its intended use. But go off.
Yep it is over, another support ruined.

Bet they think Ana is in a great spot too...

Guess you have a couple weeks to play zen and moria before they start getting put into a great spots too.
02/07/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Direwolf20
Most increase your survivability, some more than others.

Hahaha

No

Nano Boost (not for yourself), Meteor Strike(only because you are invulnerable while holding it), Call Mech (technically), Sound Barrier, Valkyrie, Molten Core, Primal Rage and Transcendence are the only ults that increase survivability. That's 8/28 ults.
02/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by RichC
Jeff sounds like he wants to collect more data.
He strikes me as the kind of guy who waits till he has all the facts/numbers before he makes a decision.

Yeah right, dude did NOTHING with the PTR feedback. N-O-T-H-I-N-G
02/07/2018 10:09 PMPosted by ColinthePyro
You'll still have your no-aim hero to fall back on when you can't play real heroes...

This is hilarious from a Junkrat-maining idiot troll.
02/07/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Direwolf20
I’m all about patience and waiting but as she sits she is by extremely weak. They severely over nerfed her in the last patch. And NOW they are being more cautious? Please. The fact that those 4 major nerfs went live after a month on ptr in their exact state with NO buffs to any other abilities to compensate is inexcusable.

How about at *least* increasing the heal beam targets healing during valk.

Normal beam : 60
Valk target: 90
Valk chain target(s): 60

At least I can try to keep someone alive while ulting.

Last game I popped valk and couldn’t keep a dva (in Mech) Alive. Enemy team focused her down.

If my ultimate can’t keep 1 tank character alive it’s *broken*.
Your argument is kind of questionable since it depends on what heroes you're facing and how many of them focused the d.va.
If mercy could just keep d.va from dying when she's focused by 4 dps, and chain heal on that, now that would be broken.
Heals aren't supposed to make a character invulnerable.
As for Mercy, as someone who used to play her a lot (but mostly switched before she became OP for variety sake) I don't mind Mercy being left in this state for a while.

I would rather Blizzard actually think and plan on what to do with her than rushing into changes again. Rushed changes without considering her players are what got her that last set of nerfs.
am i reading this right? Another Mercy topic?
Finally we can stop reworking Mercy, Dva, Roadhog, and focus on F-tier heroes.
02/08/2018 07:06 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
Finally we can stop reworking Mercy, Dva, Roadhog, and focus on F-tier heroes.

Given Jeff's comments today in other threads they actually are doing this.
It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle

The most overlooked part of the Jeff statement...did OP even read?
02/07/2018 10:09 PMPosted by ColinthePyro
Mercy was #1 pick for half a year, it's ok for her to not be the best for a little bit. You'll still have your no-aim hero to fall back on when you can't play real heroes...
git gud, I honestly don't care enough to write anything more about this.

Says a junkrat main, that sits in choke points and spam and hope to hit something behind walls. That's funny lol.
02/08/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Baja
It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle

Yeah everyone read it,,,,, do you believe that if she is awful they would change it???? did Jeff say anything that was true about this whole experience??? PTR changes???, listen to the community??,
anything??? well besides that she was getting a rework in the first place???

02/08/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Cokelord
02/07/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Direwolf20

If my ultimate can’t keep 1 tank character alive it’s *broken*.
Your argument is kind of questionable since it depends on what heroes you're facing and how many of them focused the d.va.
If mercy could just keep d.va from dying when she's focused by 4 dps, and chain heal on that, now that would be broken.
Heals aren't supposed to make a character invulnerable.

You mean like Zen.... because that is what his ult does..
02/08/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Baja

Something very similar was said about Ana, and look at her, nearly a YEAR later, still bad.

Look at how long it took for Widowmaker to be playable since her quickscope nerf.
02/07/2018 11:08 PMPosted by DolceFragola
My main problem is that Mercy main's criticism of the nerfs has never been mostly about her power level, but on how engaging she is. Under old Mercy, we stayed alive because we had something to contribute later in the fight--we could clinch victory for our team after a messy fight, and , we could even counter enemy ultimates. Old Valkyrie worked in pretty much the same way: we had to stay alive because we had a very powerful ultimate and could use it to turn the tides. Now, that's all gone. All we have is a passive, constant buff, and everything revolves around applying these passive buff as long as possible--buff which are overshadowed by those offered by other supports--, while having no direct contribution ourselves.

We want to make decisions that matter. We want ways for how skills & decision making to distinguish us from other Mercy players. In a word, we want agency. This version of Mercy has nothing of that.

Sure, we have resurrect, but it works more as a passive buff to our team (i.e. as long as you have a Mercy on your team, the first pick behind the lines or wherever is free). I was shocked by the stats on OmnicMeta the other day: there is NO difference between good and bad mercy players as far as resurrect goes. Although I knew it would shrink her skill curve, I expected that there would be at least some difference from bronze to GM, but nothing. Then I started thinking more about it, and it's the most logical thing. Of course skill and decision making doesn't matter, everyone from bronze to gm has to work within the same 30s cycle, and the number of opportunities you get is 100% dictacted by what your teammates and opponents do.

You know we'll keep playing her. Don't take pickrate as an indication of where Mercy is. Her relatively high pickrate only indicates the dedication we have to her & this game. But please, please take our concerns to heart.

02/07/2018 09:56 PMPosted by karleighCC
You didn't hear right. Jeff is waiting for more time to pass, when her place will be more easy to see. Which is fair, since they've rushed balance changes in the past.

Also STOP THIS Supercharger, Meteor Strike, and arguably Nano are MUCH worse than Valk

Valkyrie is a bad version of supercharger. So no, supercharger is clearly stronger. It's also more engaging: at least you get to keep doing standard Orisa duties after setting supercharger.

And hey, at least Meteor strike allows you to survive stuff that's going on. Tac visor? Meteor strike! Dragonblade? Metetor strike! Take a bunch of damage while overextending? Meteor strike! Sure, it doesn't protect your whole team, but it protects you. So it's already a stronger defensive ultimate than Valkyrie, which literally can't protect anyone from ultimate.

02/07/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Slyther0829

Mercy spent 4 months as an undeniable must pick while they poked and prodded her kit. It's a little understandable if they're hesitant to buff her after that much anarchy.

If at least they actually said that... "Hey, sorry, we messed up with the rework. We didn't expect resurrect to be that strong. We're going to tone down Mercy for now so that she's not an oppressive force to the entire game, but we'll be looking for ways to restore some of her gameplay in the future."

All we have now is a vague "we can't make decisions yet, let's wait a bit" along with fake statistics about her supposedly positive winrate.

They could have done those nerfs in November. They didn't. They could've been more proactive on the ptr by trying other nerfs, or at least iterating on the changes. They didn't. No wonders we're unsatisfied by this answer. It's their mess, but we,re paying for it with a boring hero and hate from the community.

Pretty much this ^^^

Not to mention all the feedback Mercy mains gave ever since before the rework and all the suggestions before the invincibility buff that they kinda ignored. And then they choose to listen to DPS mains... They also perpetuated this hatred towards Mercy and her players and do nothing about it...

We're just tired...
02/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by RichC
Jeff sounds like he wants to collect more data.
He strikes me as the kind of guy who waits till he has all the facts/numbers before he makes a decision.
I mean that's completely fine, but with how it took them more than a year to notice that Mei and a couple others were F tier for more than a year it really makes me question a lot of things.
02/07/2018 09:56 PMPosted by karleighCC
You didn't hear right. Jeff is waiting for more time to pass, when her place will be more easy to see

Just like D.Va case, they will ignore incoming feedback to see if Mercy will be viable during time or not.
02/08/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Taaveti

You mean like Zen.... because that is what his ult does..

Zen's ult also lasts a very short duration.

I would be perfectly fine with Valkyrie's heals/boost power being raised further if they cut the duration. It'd make it a more impactful push tool.
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

What part of this sounds like she is "done" to you? He literally says that they simply want to collect more data and information before they decide if they want to buff, nerf, or change mercy in any way.
I'm a mercy main and I'm personally very disappointed with this. As everyone has said so far 4 nerfs at a shot pretty much butchered her.
One thing i would say to the people who actually love Mercy's playstyle is, pls stop playing mercy. Devs always look at statistics and if people continue to play her as she is they will think she isn't broken and has a good pickrate. I have moved away from Mercy and I'm play other heroes. I want devs to understand what exactly they have done and if you really love Mercy you would do the same.