Why is "White Tiger" Genji... blue?

General Discussion
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing looking skin. But I can't find a solid reason online (researching the lore on the 4 Chinese creatures) as to why his armor and all that is blue.

Mercy is the Vermilion Bird
Pharah is the Azure Dragon
Zarya is the Black Tortoise. I feel it lack some black, but her helmet does appear blackish. PLUS, some props for putting the snake on her gun, since the symbol of the Tortoise is encircled by a snake. This tells me that the art team did their research well.
But Genji is the White Tiger.... but he's all blue.

Any verifiable reason? Besides "it just looks cool bro"?
Zarya's armor is black as well and her boots they just get lit up by her weapon and doesn't really look like it all the time.
This is a big stretch, but the closest thing I could come up with is it's inspired by white-and-blue pottery:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_and_white_pottery

Big stretch though, considering how different the blues are, and the real reason is probably just for cool factor points...
And what kind of helmet was his modeled after? His whole appearance looks like it was inspired by a traditional samurai, with the shoulder shields and everything, but his helmet looks like it would better belong on a medevil knight. I can see what they did with the head tuft, because they needed something to take the place of his normal head ornamentation, but it doesn't fit the rest of the skin. And the swords, what anime are they from? They are def not inspired by real life. Their shape seems entirely unnatural for the region after which it was supposed to be inspired, considering this is the year of the dog and all. If this stuff is actually inspired by something, and I have no clue what I'm talking about... PLZ tell me what it is, this is killing me.
02/08/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Atoli
Zarya's armor is black as well and her boots they just get lit up by her weapon and doesn't really look like it all the time.

Zarya's armor is... purple. Like, if you look at it in the menu, she stand there without her gun illuminating her, and you can clearly see that it's purple. Her helmet is black though.