RIP Moira

General Discussion
Took a stroll on down to r/CompetitiveOverwatch today, as I'm usually interested in the conflicted viewpoints our two communities have only to be startled by a certain discovery: They over there feel Moira is OP.

While I know we have conflicting viewpoints, this one just kind of stuck out to me because of how flimsy it is.

Considering Blizzard doesn't take much of what we say here into account, I'd say you should play her while you can. She probably will be getting nerfs because not only do some over there think she needs nerfs, but the raging players who can't bear the idea of a Supports being able to defend themselves also hate her.

It's only a matter of time, unfortunately. Godspeed, Moira mains.
Highly Rated
Well, we'll see. If they do go that route and keep killing the support role in this game . . . well, fortunately, there are other games out there for me to play and give my money to.
I agree that Moira is too easy to heal effectively with. They should increase fade cooldown and reduce orb speed.
02/12/2018 04:57 PMPosted by kilmeran
Well, we'll see. If they do go that route and keep killing the support role in this game . .

No one was happier about the Mercy nerfs than other supports. Let's not turn this into a world vs. the supports thing... that is just not honest.
02/12/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Buttercult
Well, we'll see. If they do go that route and keep killing the support role in this game . .

No one was happier about the Mercy nerfs than other supports. Let's not turn this into a world vs. the supports thing... that is just not honest.
I think it's funny that other Supports act like they have some new found freedom when it's clear that Moira is 100% meta, towering over any other support hero.

The hate isn't just going to stop until everyone is buffed and balanced accordingly, and with how they are currently going about it, none of us will see that day.
Highly Rated
It is hilarious though, that people don't find supports 'engaging enough' so they are not playing them for this reason while asking to have them sitting ducks for easy kills.

Logic.
02/12/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Cersei
It is hilarious though, that people don't find supports 'engaging enough' so they are not playing them for this reason while asking to have them sitting ducks for easy kills.

Logic.
Everyone wants to be on the front-lines killing the enemy, while nobody wants to be the in the back-line dodging bullets and making sure your team wins with little to no gratification.
02/12/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Buttercult

Well, to be honest, I didn't have a personal dog in the Mercy fight. I only played Mercy for one season, after the rework, and only because it was Mercy or Lose and no one else would take the role.

Now, I don't play Competitive often (one of the several reasons I'm still Bronze and not at least Silver, as I've never played enough to actually try to climb), but of all the supports I've always been Lucio all the way.

Lately, I've enjoyed Moira.
Tell them to get gud.
02/12/2018 04:59 PMPosted by chickenchasr
I agree that Moira is too easy to heal effectively with. They should increase fade cooldown and reduce orb speed.
Not every support requires Ana level skill to be effective imo
People always need to find something to complain about. If Moira is nerfed, then what even is the point of playing support? She's the only one who can give flankers a good fight.
02/12/2018 05:10 PMPosted by DevilBurner
02/12/2018 04:59 PMPosted by chickenchasr
Not every support requires Ana level skill to be effective imo

And nor should they. Overwatch was advertised as a casual shooter. It's one of the reasons it didn't launch with a Competitive mode and had things like hero stacking.

Yeah, they want to go all e-sporty due to the OWL, but a vast majority of Blizzard's player base across their games (per their own words) are casual players. Not hardcores or pros.
They all seem to be crying over their "problems".

I wouldn't think too much about these complaints.
Good. i'm glad Moira is getting nerfed.
02/12/2018 05:05 PMPosted by WhateverAlex

think it's funny that other Supports act like they have some new found freedom when it's clear that Moira is 100% meta, towering over any other support hero.

The hate isn't just going to stop until everyone is buffed and balanced accordingly, and with how they are currently going about it, none of us will see that day.

Jokes on you, Zenyatta is on top spot in win rates across five ranks while Moira claims the 4th spot in three ranks. Does that make him broken or worth of nerfs or something ?

People enjoy them more than Mercy gameplay wise and above all, prefer comfortable strats. These two are not top picked because they break the game, but because the majority of players right now find them easy and fun to synergize with. Only mediocre flankers have problem and whine.
If they nerf Moira, who is perfectly fine, it’s Game Over for any hope for this game. Blizzard needs to bring the other supports up to her level.

Honestly, these character witch hunts are becoming infuriating. They will never end. Stop listening to these losers.
02/12/2018 05:07 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
Everyone wants to be on the front-lines killing the enemy, while nobody wants to be the in the back-line dodging bullets and making sure your team wins with little to no gratification.

Which is why I prefer to play Zen and Ana. Getting kills with them is gratifying. Moira bores me with the whole right-click-them-to-death thing. Her healing is insanely effective and outshines even Mercy. I would nerf her such that her left click healing must be done continuously to have any effect.
Um if Blizzard doesn't listen to us, why would they be inclined to listen to the people asking for nerfs? That doesn't make much sense to me.
Moira is definitely OP, not saying she needs major nerfs but a small hit to lifesteal and her dash becoming visible to the enemy(think reaper) would maker her fairer
02/12/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Cersei

Logic.

It's less about logic and more about lies. People don't play Supports because they perceive the role as "girly" and for the weak. Nothing will change their minds about that no matter how engaging Supports are to play. They just make that excuse to look and feel better about themselves.