Should Moira Get Nerfed?

General Discussion
As a Moira main, I feel as if her right click does way more damage than a DPS hero does. In most of my games, I get gold eliminations, and if im lucky, play of the game, when it wasn't even play of the game worthy. Moira is a support hero, not a DPS hero, and I think she should get nerfed sooner or later.
No.

As you were, peeps.
say it with me kids
50 dps
she will if the rampant dps babbies have their way tbh
i can net gold elims between games consistently too by just throwing damage orbs everywhere, what's your point
Nope.
I mean i feel like I shouldnt be more scared of a moira than a 76 as a dps or tank. She has an average of 24 elims a game as a healer and an elim to death ratio that is beaten only by D.VA.
02/07/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Blues
she will if the rampant dps babbies have their way tbh

Her healing will get nerfed soon, since it appears to be a bug that she can heal through barriers (official post). After that her viability will get really low i guess.

Not being able to heal through shields is what makes ana bad. Moira is more movable so it probly won't hit her that hard but still.
02/07/2018 01:54 PMPosted by JoeyTaeHyung
As a Moira main, I feel as if her right click does way more damage than a DPS hero does. In most of my games, I get gold eliminations, and if im lucky, play of the game, when it wasn't even play of the game worthy. Moira is a support hero, not a DPS hero, and I think she should get nerfed sooner or later.

Her right click actually does nothing. Its one of the weakest primary fires in the game, if not the weakest. However combined with the dmg orb then yeah it really sucks.
She has amazing range that clips thru walls a lot. Was the orb ever adjusted? Idr
please leave moira alone
02/07/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Cozy

Her right click actually does nothing. Its one of the weakest primary fires in the game, if not the weakest. However combined with the dmg orb then yeah it really sucks.
Explain how you are telling someone who has played moria more than 20x you that she doesnt do dmg.
So are you saying supports shouldn't be strong enough to protect themselves?
Moira is fine.

Moira: 50DPS

compared to:

Doomfist: 198DPS
Genji: 84DPS
McCree: 42-140DPS
Pharah: 120DPS
Reaper: 80-280DPS
Soldier: 51.3-171DPS
Sombra: 48-160DPS
Tracer: 60-240DPS

And that's just compared to the Offense heroes w/o critical hits taken into consideration.
02/07/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Shane
There is a difference between protecting yourself and getting the most kills on your team.
02/07/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Profane

compared to:

And that's just compared to the Offense heroes w/o critical hits taken into consideration.
But you see when u miss a shot that dps drops to 0 with moira you are guaranteed 50 within a 20m radius.
Its not a matter of IF she needs a nerf but WHEN she will get nerfed. ALL supports have had a tweak, rework or something adjusted about them. Every support with the exception of Moira is an easy kill, give or take the players skill and ability to juke and out play their flanker.

That's Overwatch. Nerf the support, make them fodder for flankers, remove any game changing plays and if they rise in the meta go hard with forcing them out instead of the player base learning to adapt, get gud and force our own meta. Nope cant do that. So the dev team forces the meta intentionally or not.
02/07/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Ay00b
02/07/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Shane
There is a difference between protecting yourself and getting the most kills on your team.

Moira doesn't get the most kills, she sometimes gets the most elims, yes, but those aren't STRICTLY kills.

Majority of Moira's elims are from tickle damage just like Winston. She rarely ever 200+>0 literally any hero in the game by herself.
02/07/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Ay00b
But you see when u miss a shot that dps drops to 0 with moira you are guaranteed 50 within a 20m radius.

Oh my bad, you're a Genji main.

Just ignore this guy.
02/07/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Profane

compared to:

Genji is 168 on RMB btw