Ranked lower on smurf?

Competitive Discussion
I’ve been in diamond for about four seasons now. I decided to level up another account just for fun and queued with a friend of mine in gold. After placements were over, I ended up placing in the 2200s. This baffles me, because every game I had three-four gold medals (five at one time playing Zenyatta, which again... baffling) and good stats for the character I was playing (I play mostly tanks and support). Anyone have any clue as to why I’d be ranked so low?
first placements is QP stats + comp stats, so ask yourself these things in the first 25 levels in QP + Comp

Were you dying frequently? How many of your kills were also killing blows? What was your overall accuracy? Did you make PotG in at least 50% of the matches?
Maybe you die too much.
smurf placement work kinda different and are decided by W/L ratio.
You played like 3:7, didnt u?
If you did the placements with your friend whom is in gold you will also be put in gold because that's all you basically played against in placements so game has no way of knowing how well you stack against higher ranks

You should have done the placements solo so it could have allowed you to play against higher tier players and see how well you do against them. You would have likely placed higher if you belong higher.
Was that an attempt to boost your friend? System put you in check. Careful, boosting is ban worthy.

After first time placements, SR gains and losses are huge. If you continue to kick butt, you'll be gaining 50-100 SR per game at first.
Why does it matter? The lower the better for a smurf, no? Anyway, it shouldn't take you much more than 3-4 hours to get in Plat, and 10-15 to get in Diamond.
Because you played every game in that elo? Lol?
02/08/2018 04:01 AMPosted by locust
I’ve been in diamond for about four seasons now. I decided to level up another account just for fun and queued with a friend of mine in gold. After placements were over, I ended up placing in the 2200s. This baffles me, because every game I had three-four gold medals (five at one time playing Zenyatta, which again... baffling) and good stats for the character I was playing (I play mostly tanks and support). Anyone have any clue as to why I’d be ranked so low?

On a fresh account with no reference point you pretty much have to stomp you games to be diamond.
02/08/2018 06:47 AMPosted by BiggusDiggus
Was that an attempt to boost your friend? System put you in check. Careful, boosting is ban worthy.

After first time placements, SR gains and losses are huge. If you continue to kick butt, you'll be gaining 50-100 SR per game at first.

No worries! I wasn’t boosting, just playing with them for fun because I’m typically not able to.
02/08/2018 04:59 PMPosted by locust
02/08/2018 06:47 AMPosted by BiggusDiggus

No worries! I wasn’t boosting, just playing with them for fun because I’m typically not able to.

but that is boosting?

You are not able to because you are better player then they are. That means anything you to do be able to play with them would be boosting.
02/08/2018 05:07 PMPosted by AtlasTelamon
02/08/2018 04:59 PMPosted by locust

but that is boosting?

You are not able to because you are better player then they are. That means anything you to do be able to play with them would be boosting.
Playing with friends isn't boosting. I have multiple accounts, some higher (than this), some lower, and when i want to play with my gold friends i just hop on another account.

Unless your friends are paying you, you aren't boosting them, it would just be a side affect of knowing connections. Same thing applies in real life. Sometimes you get to places because of other people, but its up to that person to decide how long they want to stay. My friend got all the way up to 2400 before dropping back to 2100. Of course i will still play with him, but the end goal isn't to carry him into a rank he's not, just to play with him, and there's nothing wrong with playing with friends lol
02/08/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Alphonce
02/08/2018 05:07 PMPosted by AtlasTelamon

but that is boosting?

Playing with friends isn't boosting. I have multiple accounts, some higher (than this), some lower, and when i want to play with my gold friends i just hop on another account.

Unless your friends are paying you, you aren't boosting them, it would just be a side affect of knowing connections. Same thing applies in real life. Sometimes you get to places because of other people, but its up to that person to decide how long they want to stay. My friend got all the way up to 2400 before dropping back to 2100. Of course i will still play with him, but the end goal isn't to carry him into a rank he's not, just to play with him, and there's nothing wrong with playing with friends lol

This is hilarious. Listen to yourself. You are trying to rationalize what you did wasn't wrong, and it was!
Just because they are your friend doesn't mean it's not boosting. If I play on a sliver level account being a masters level player I will Carry that game no matter what. I play at a level that is quicker, faster, higher IQ and all around harder than they do. I could be AFK most of the time and still carry.

The 1000sr limit is there for a reason and ANYTHING you do to circumvent that is against the rules. Money exchanged or not.
That is why there is still QuickPlay so you can play together.