Preemptive Mercy Rez

General Discussion
As we all know, Mercy has gone through a lot of changes throughout the history of Overwatch. Many people don't really feel happy with her, and it shows. While it is a good idea to wait the most recent changes out, I have a few suggestions that I think would make for more engaging Mercy play if they don't.

Straight to it, as the title says, a preemptive resurrection. A sort of mark for life, where Mercy could place a mark over a teammate BEFORE DEATH for immediate resurrection after death. The teammate dies, and immediately comes back, possibly with cool downs off (Though cool downs seem to persist after death as it is, so I'm not sure how viable, or balanced, that is.) The mark could (or could not) be seen by the enemy as well as the rest of the team. Allowing it to be seen by the enemy team would allow for counter play, one of the more debated topics of Mercy.

This form of rez would also fall in line a little more with her Guardian Angel theme, a form of protection before death, instead of after.
That would take a lot more skill and enable a lot of counterplay. I'm all for it.
The only issue I have with this idea is that it can easily be detrimental to the rezzed person to come back immediately (think if they died during the beginning of a Rocket Barrage, Dragonstrike or Dragonblade, or if the enemy who killed them is still near). Could it be made so that Mercy can "activate" the rez? Maybe she places the "blessing" (or whatever it should be called) and then she flies to the corpse and rezzes immediately like she used to?
02/08/2018 09:31 AMPosted by QuizzyBunny
The only issue I have with this idea is that it can easily be detrimental to the rezzed person to come back immediately (think if they died during the beginning of a Rocket Barrage, Dragonstrike or Dragonblade, or if the enemy who killed them is still near). Could it be made so that Mercy can "activate" the rez? Maybe she places the "blessing" (or whatever it should be called) and then she flies to the corpse and rezzes immediately like she used to?

A good question, and it's one of the reasons why I mentioned the player being rezzed with abilities up. There could also be a symbol on the marked player's screen signifying that they've been marked. Otherwise the rezzed player would just need to be aware of their positioning. Teamwork could also get the rezzed player out of the situation they died in, which is why I mentioned the mark possibly being seen by both teams.
I pitched this before, but got the typical " Brainless Mercy baddie wants op carry hero git gud hyperlil"