Capture the Flag in normal competitive rotation?

Competitive Discussion
Before this latest CtF map I didn't like the game mode. However now I am finding it great fun. I like that it has it's own competitive ladder but would like to see in included in the normal rank rotation.

I think it provides an interesting dynamic and would be a great inclusion to the other three primary game modes.
(Almost) The entire gaming community collectively agree CTF is incredibly non-competitive, due to the nature of the gamemode. Having to attack and defend at the same time, and with so much variety in movement, etc. it's terrible for competitive games.
02/09/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Melchizedek
(Almost) The entire gaming community collectively agree CTF is incredibly non-competitive, due to the nature of the gamemode. Having to attack and defend at the same time, and with so much variety in movement, etc. it's terrible for competitive games.

I've been playing a lot of it and the best games have this push and pull feel where teams, as a unit, switch from offense to defense fluidly. The best strategy seems to be to attack or defend as a 6 man unit. If a team splits up to attack and defend at the same time then the 6 man simply rolls them over. After a few kills on either offense of defense it's easy for them to mop up the rest and score.

Having dedicated maps for this really helps.

Working together is really the best way to go. You should try it.
I really like CtF but for Comp the maps would need to be much larger. The comp CtF is really a mess for some reason. There are so many gimmicks that just dominate no matter what. CtF would be ruined by meta.

I'm happy that it is the featured game right now and has rewards tied to it.
god no i hate ctf
not interested in ctf in regular comp. especially with the current sudden death feeling more like the old flip coin or the 1% cap
02/09/2018 10:27 AMPosted by GrooWasRight
I really like CtF but for Comp the maps would need to be much larger. The comp CtF is really a mess for some reason. There are so many gimmicks that just dominate no matter what. CtF would be ruined by meta.

I'm happy that it is the featured game right now and has rewards tied to it.

All the game modes went through a lot of iteration before they were finalized. I have found that the games feel about as organized as they did back when Overwatch first came out. No one really knows how to play the mode yet so everyone is scattered. It's all part of the learning process.