Issues with the lootboxes

General Discussion
Lately, Ive been seeing youtubers, other players, and myself, Getting a ton of duplicates

I thought the lootboxes were changed to ONLY get duplicates if you already own all items of that same tier (blues, Whites, Etc)

I just got a legendary from the event lootbox and it was a duplicate too

whats going on?
There is no guarantee that you won't get duplicates but it lowers the chance at getting them till you have all the items in a set rarity category.
The changes were to make it way less likely to get a duplicate, they didn't eliminate the possibility.
I gave into the new event loot box craze yesterday. Purchased 100 loot boxes. The 2nd set of 50 were almost entirely duplicates. Very frustrating and the amount of credit they give for duplicates is ridiculous. Nice to know I wasn't the only one. Also, sad to say I felt the need to waste the $$$ on it. Maybe the DEVS need a new yacht!
Jeff, If your lurking, We need you here
02/09/2018 01:57 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
Jeff, If your lurking, We need you here

For what?
02/09/2018 01:53 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
I thought the lootboxes were changed to ONLY get duplicates if you already own all items of that same tier (blues, Whites, Etc)

You're misunderstanding what was changed. You will absolutely get dupes even if you are missing items.

If they gave everything out like that, a LOT of people would have everything (self-included). That will cause people to get bored, and also not buy any more profitboxes. Blizzard won't do that.
02/09/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Blynky
02/09/2018 01:53 PMPosted by MagyTheMage

You're misunderstanding what was changed. You will absolutely get dupes even if you are missing items.

If they gave everything out like that, a LOT of people would have everything (self-included). That will cause people to get bored, and also not buy any more profitboxes. Blizzard won't do that.

Are you sure? i remember reading that you will only get duplicates if you alreeady have all for eaxmple purple items
02/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
02/09/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Blynky

Are you sure? i remember reading that you will only get duplicates if you alreeady have all for eaxmple purple items

I purchase 1-2 loot boxes with each new event just to see what I can get. I have never had an issue with duplicates before until yesterday when a set of 50 boxes were easily 80% dupes.......and I am missing alot of items.....just saying is something amiss?
02/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Atoli
There is no guarantee that you won't get duplicates but it lowers the chance at getting them till you have all the items in a set rarity category.

lowers as in like 90% chance instead of 99%??

I have about half of the sprays and I literally get 4 dup sprays in every single loot box....At least the last 20 or so have been nothing but dups
02/09/2018 01:56 PMPosted by daddykewina
The 2nd set of 50 were almost entirely duplicates.
Conversely, the 1st set of 50 were likely all new items. Or at least, that's how it was for me in my 50 boxes: 90% new items, then dupes after I got all new event items, minus McCree's skin (but I'm fine with that. Working as intended.
02/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
Nah, they said it was just a (greatly) lowered the chance. It feels *off*, I know (because I've got a lot of purples to get still, but commonly get purple dupes), but overall you should be getting more new items in the current loot box iteration than before.
How many times this post has to be made till people get how the system works?
02/09/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Sakkoliha
How many times this post has to be made till people get how the system works?

you mean you actually believe Devs NEVER change things and dont tell community?!? What are you smoking because I want some
They’re hungry... Or greedy...
I dont understand, I asked a question and i get rained with downvotes

Just why?