Is Reaper Left Handed?

General Discussion
I know it’s not super important, but I thought it was an interesting note. We know for sure Genji is ambidextrous leaning on left handed due to him leading his dragon blade with his left and writing with his left in the Valentine’s Day comic.

I’m not totally sure but a few things lead me to believe he is similar to Genji. He always shoots with his left first, and in the old soldiers comics he is seen shooting jack with his left hand, leaning to the side for his left shotgun to do work. He also punches jack down in that same comic with his left. Also, in the Infiltration short, he spins to shoulder with his left hand instead of shooting the dude on his right with his right.

In the animated short “Recall” he aims up and shoots down the capsule that crushes Winston with his left. I imagine if he was right handed dominate he probably would’ve picked his right to do that.

In the animated Overwatch trailer at the museum, reaper often leads with his left.

There are also plenty of sprays showing reaper leading with his left, including the cute spray and “psst”.

In the death blossom animation, reaper skins left, shouldering his left gun and then crossing over with his right instead of vice versa.

Again, not a huge deal but it seems he is one of the only if not the only left handed hero next to Genji.
I didn't notice all that, seems like he might be a leftie
He could be ambi-dextrous, maybe Genji too is ambi-dextrous who knows?
02/10/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Doc
He could be ambi-dextrous, maybe Genji too is ambi-dextrous who knows?
It’s possible, as I’m sure Genji has learned to use both but from the way he hold his sword to how he writes, it’s safe to say he’s left hand dominant. Either could be ambidextrous as well
Let’s say yes, he is.
(Could tranquilize representation seekers)
02/10/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Ashram
Let’s say yes, he is.
(Could tranquilize representation seekers)

I’m left handed myself and never really cared too much that no one usually is in video games. Historically though, left handedness is a sign of evil, a subtle trope that people use (like colors with characters) to tell the “audience” about the character. It’s a character building thing and I wouldn’t put it past blizz to have put something that subtle in.
One more small thing to add that might be a dead give away: the location of reapers ammo belt.

His extra shotgun shells reside on his left hand side, his belt buckle on the right hand side. This is peculiar. Looking at McCree (who is right handed), his extra ammunition is located on his right side. I’m not an expert on guns, but I believe this makes it easier for him to reload with his left hand while he holds his gun in his right. AKA reaper reloads his shotgun with his right hand and holds them with his left.
I could be totally wrong on this, but it is noticibly different than the usual place for spare ammo I.e. a right handed ammo belt. I actually looked at some of the character models from the Fallout games to see if my assumptions were correct (as I wouldn’t even know where to begin to look for that kind of ammo belt). The characters in fallout (NCR veteran rangers) all have their extra bullets closer to the right hand side.

One could argue about soldier 76’s bandolier location, but I always thought those things on his belt and left arm were the canisters for his biotic field. again, I could be totally wrong.
Caught!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7wc5kc/left_handed_heros_genji_and_reaper/
I think Reaper is right handed or ambidextrous. We don't know for sure until we see him write something.
-In infiltration he chokes someone the way a right hand person would
-he melees with his right arm
02/11/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Tedective
Caught!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7wc5kc/left_handed_heros_genji_and_reaper/
Ah yes, I’m caught. I made a topic on two different websites to get diffeeent opinions or to see if anyone else had information
I'm left handed and i main reaper so it would be cool :D

I think sombra is the only confirmed left handed character.
02/11/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Kamran

Is she confirmed left handed? I never knew that ! I know she hacks with her left but I always figured otherwise considering she uses both pretty often
02/11/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Astro
02/11/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Kamran

Is she confirmed left handed? I never knew that ! I know she hacks with her left but I always figured otherwise considering she uses both pretty often

She uses her left hand for hacking, which requires fine motor control. Her gun is therefore forced into her right hand, causing the atrocious spread as she doesn't have as tightly control.

At least that's a good excuse for her terrible spread :D
02/11/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Kamran
02/11/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Astro
... Is she confirmed left handed? I never knew that ! I know she hacks with her left but I always figured otherwise considering she uses both pretty often

She uses her left hand for hacking, which requires fine motor control. Her gun is therefore forced into her right hand, causing the atrocious spread as she doesn't have as tightly control.

At least that's a good excuse for her terrible spread :D
That all makes sense, pretty cool! Thanks for sharing
I'm amazed by the amount of detail you picked out for this.
02/11/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Skrimiche
I'm amazed by the amount of detail you picked out for this.
I was bored after work and couldn’t sleep :)

Anyway, it is a mode of character developments like I said.
It’s a trope called “a Sinister Clue”. Arya Starks actress from Game of Thrones learned to sword fight left handed because it was important for her character in the novels. I’ll leave at that because spoilers

Let’s not forget all storm troopers in Star Wars are left handed. In Rogue One, the main antagonist is also left handed.

The film name doesn’t come to mind right now but there was an underhanded businessman (antagonist) that had his hair parted over his right eye as one of the hints he was left handed. A small detail, nonetheless. I’ll edit with the name if I can remember. I know I’ll kick myself when I do
No one cares, at least i don't and it's not even important to the story or anything at all that has to do with overwatch.
More like the animator is left handed.
02/11/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Jínn
More like the animator is left handed.
that makes no sense.
It'd be great if we could get one of the Reaper twins to comment on this