How do you counter sniper mains?

General Discussion
Im seriously tired of this guys, They in every god damn match

i cant play the characters i want to play due to this guys beeing everywhere

How do you even counter this people?

Ive tried tracer but you have !@#$Zo that shoots Cheese arrow to the floor and you insta die and widowmakers do a 360 headshot and insta kill you anyways

The characters i know how to play are literally usless against this guys

Is there anything i can do to kill this guys?!
Learn how to use Winston or D.Va.
A-D-A-D strafing and crouch spamming is a decent way to do it. But the best counter to snipers are other snipers, simply because the sniper will focus on taking you out first.
02/12/2018 09:49 AMPosted by MagyTheMage

Ive tried tracer but you have !@#$Zo that shoots Cheese arrow to the floor and you insta die and widowmakers do a 360 headshot and insta kill you anyway

If u can't kill those 2 as Tracer then you're a bad Tracer
Hard counters to Widowmaker: Genji, D.Va, Winston
Soft counters to Widowmaker: Hanzo, Orisa, Doomfist, Sombra

Hard counters to Hanzo: Pharah, Winston, Genji, D.Va
02/12/2018 09:53 AMPosted by NiceGenji
02/12/2018 09:49 AMPosted by MagyTheMage

Ive tried tracer but you have !@#$Zo that shoots Cheese arrow to the floor and you insta die and widowmakers do a 360 headshot and insta kill you anyway

If u can't kill those 2 as Tracer then you're a bad Tracer

You could offer actual advice rather than being an !@# for no reason. The OP never stated to be the best player in the world so why are you degrading the OP?
stand behind translucent blue objects
I would say practice tracer a bit she's really good counter try a dad spamming also soth blinks block forward then back it confuses them
Just be careful not to peek into their line of sight. It's really annoying, though, because you have to always be aware of where they are, even if they move.

I've been running into Quickplay Widow Gods in almost every match for a long time now. They always seem to be on the other team, too. If I notice a Widow popping off like crazy, I use the "Prefer this player" option on them. If I cant avoid them, then I want to increase the chances they'll get put on my team from now on.
Stand behind the glowing blue rectangle.
Use winston or dva, be careful with your mobility abilities, if you use it to reach widowmaker, she could grapple away and snipe you, especially if she saw you coming and offered you 1-2 bullets already !
I've noticed a lot of Widowmakers suffer from tunnel-vision when they are literally scoping (looking thru their rifle's scope) your team out for picks. That is a perfect opportunity to sneak up on them. But if your'e noisy and not smart (i.e. Tracer taking the most direct route will probably trigger Widowmaker's venom mine cuz a smart Widowmaker will leave one there as an warning for herself, and Tracer blinks make a lot of noise) your surprise attack will fail.
In a team game where the snipers have teammates who play as a team, you hopefully get teammates who can also play as a team and you can counter them with dive heroes. You typically want 2 of these 4: Winston, DVa, Genji, or Tracer.

In solo experiences where no one gives a crap about teammates, any one of what I suggested in my previous statement can work.

When they have teammates and you have derps? Hide behind walls and enjoy the most boring gaming experience video gaming has to offer.
Flank them. I play Sombra so I would stealth in behind Widow or just throw my translocator right beside her when she's scoping in, watch out for venom mine and introduce hot leads into her head.
Most people use Tracer to better results but Sombra's verticality works best for me.
Do what every other meta sheep does and run the standard dva winston genji tracer plus 2 healers comp.
Against a good Widowmaker use Winston or Genji. The key to Winston though is to leap but start facing away immediately. You'll die to 1 and 2/3 headshots so keep your big chunky gorilla face pointed the other way until you land. With Genji just Deflect for an easy kill.

Against Hanzo, as opposed to most people's suggestions, I do not recommend Winston. You're 1 Scatter and a body shot to him. Against Hanzo I'd say Pharah (at long distance only, at midrange he'll eat you alive), D.Va (with Matrix up during boost), and Genji but this time close distance and attack, Deflect may not help as much.
Most sniper mains are extremely bad. They tunnel vision worse than most others, lack all situational awareness outside of what is in the middle of their screen and crumble easily under pressure.

A smart Winston will work against them. Dive onto them, melee and then start lighting them up. After the initial landing on top of them, then the punch to the face followed by a zap from the Tesla cannon they will be hurting really bad.

Hanzo is best dived when his scatter is on cool down or drop your bubble and position after diving so the bubble will stop the scatter.

Widow is best dived if her hook is on cool down too to keep that little scamp from swinging away out of Tesla cannon range.

With both snipers if you dive either from their front side, try to turn your face away from them in mid air and rotate to face them just before you land on them. This can help from eating a headshot to the face while you close the distance.

Remember, you do not need to kill a sniper each time you dive them. Just keep enough pressure on them during the match to make them more worried about you than focusing on your supports. If they are scared of you and always having to always reposition be because you are making them your personal chew toy, that can be just as helpful during the match as killing them.
As far as I'm aware, any type of Tracer can just blink up to a Widow and just be spastic as hell while unloading her melt-rounds before any 360 quick-scope can even happen. You'll realize how good you're doing when the Widow starts bouncing around spam-firing or especially when she tries to grapple away in a panic.

For Hitbox Hanzo..? erm...get someone else on that. He'll literally just look down at the ground then fire and you'll die regardless.
02/12/2018 09:57 AMPosted by MofoMan2000
Just be careful not to peek into their line of sight. It's really annoying, though, because you have to always be aware of where they are, even if they move.

I've been running into Quickplay Widow Gods in almost every match for a long time now. They always seem to be on the other team, too. If I notice a Widow popping off like crazy, I use the "Prefer this player" option on them. If I cant avoid them, then I want to increase the chances they'll get put on my team from now on.

IKR; GOD DAMN QUICKPLAY WIDOWGODS!!
Usually i use Sombra, but if it's a main, that's going to be pretty difficult. Widowmaker can grapple away and while you can follow her easily, she can take multiple shots at you and you don't have the hp for prolonged fights. They also tend to react instantly to the sound of you uncloaking and will jump down instantly from their perch at the first sign of trouble trying to bait you to jump down after them so they can grapple back up. Translocator has a lower cooldown than grappling hook tho.

The good part is that if you're in quickplay, it's usually saturated with bad Moiras (Out of the way backliners like snipers and torbs don't get healed) so you can do a quick trip to a health pack and keep dogging her.

Hanzo's a bit more difficult because he has sonic arrow on a short cooldown. He'll be planting it on the most obvious path so use your sprint to try to take the long way around to avoid it. Then hack him before approaching so he can't use his scatter shot and it's then down to just luck on who kills who first.

Again tho, mains have their most potent abilities firmly on their muscle memory (On my Orisa, just the sound of reaper landing will trigger my shield deploy and halt without even thinking), so you can expect scatter to come instantly. Your best bet is to wait on the side and hack when they're focusing on a teammate.